PDA

View Full Version : X

007_JamesBond
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:54 PM
the eternal battle of good vs. evil, i love that it basically is DBZ only with alot more story

what do you think of it?

Hylas
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:56 PM
I've only read the manga, not watching the anime, but I think the story has more content than DB. In the end, the greatest part of anime and manga and movies etcc etcc... are based on the struggle between good and evil, but it's not that they must be compared in any occasion.
Above all, this series has nothing to do with DB. I'd rate it as my fave Clamp's work.

007_JamesBond
Nov 21st, 2002, 08:05 PM
oh yes the best indeed

Hylas
Nov 21st, 2002, 08:08 PM
I dunno if there's only an anime for X, but the X manga has a prequel called "Tokyo Babylon". You might be interested in this one too, if you liked X, but again, it could be it's only a manga.

007_JamesBond
Nov 21st, 2002, 08:19 PM
sweet thanks for the tip, i will see if i can find it up here

PerfectD1184
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:08 PM
I own the movie, its sweet. Thanks for letting me know that there's a prequel, i have to go find it now.

merylsilverburg
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:08 PM
It's been so long since I seen Tokyo Babylon, but I believe the main character and the second male main character in it are just two brief characters in X the Movie. But, I haven't seen X the TV yet, so I can't really tell you much about it. The Movie is good though...tragic, but good. :( :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:32 PM
I absolutley love X.The main character is freakin wicked and he's very reminsent to myself.So far i've seen the first dvd can't wait for the second :)

Si|ent
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:29 PM
I havent been previlidged enough to see that yet but in time i will i hope its as good as everyone is making it out to be, is it better than Hellsing???? I mean better than Hellsing could anything be better?

kold
Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:47 AM
/off topic post

silent are u silent from mws?

merylsilverburg
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Si|ent

I havent been previlidged enough to see that yet but in time i will i hope its as good as everyone is making it out to be, is it better than Hellsing???? I mean better than Hellsing could anything be better?

Uh...well this really depends on opinions, really. Like for me, I feel Hellsing is better than X...but someone else can say differently.
X the Movie was just too damn tragic for me that I became annoyed, sad, and angry at the same time when I saw the ending. But...maybe X the TV is different, just have to see.

Soul Angel
Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
I've only seen X the movie and I thought it was really good, its probably one of my faves. :)

Cannibal Clown
Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:33 PM
On tuesday, 007 and i were driving to our local entertainment store, and he was really curious about the new X series that just came out earlier, so he suggested that i buy it, then i mentioned that the second one just came out that day also, so after a while, he was able to tempt me into buying both dvd's, setting me back a few $60 odd dollars. But then we watched the first episode, and found out that it was one of the coolest animes we've ever seen. That nigfht i watched both dvd's and then the next day loaned vol 1 to 007, and currently he has vol 2, and SSSnake has vol 1 right now, and silent will see the show when SSSnake is done as well.

So it's up to me, to supply these poor souls with the knowlege of this superbly awesome series.

007_JamesBond
Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:55 PM
Quick CC find out when the next disc is coming out, your right that last ep on the second disc is awsome

Ninja
Nov 24th, 2002, 02:25 AM
did some1 call me?

lol jk X rules

Pu the Owl
Nov 24th, 2002, 09:14 AM
The X and Tokyo Babylon manga are much better than the anime anyways.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Speaking of X.Where in the heck can i get the intro for the series.I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Cannibal Clown
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 007_JamesBond

Quick CC find out when the next disc is coming out, your right that last ep on the second disc is awsome

Sorry buddy, but you will have to wait a bit, the next volume don't come out till the 28th of january. And hellsing vol 4 won't be available till the 21st of january.

Damn huh?

merylsilverburg
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Speaking of X.Where in the heck can i get the intro for the series.I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Are you talking about Tokyo Babylon? If so, then you'll have to do major search for it because it's pretty hard to find now, since most stores don't carry it anymore. Maybe you can find it either online (like Amazon.com) or Ebay.

Cannibal Clown
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:11 PM
No trust me meryl, he's talking about X, he's never seen tokyo babalon, and doubt he ever will, unless i buy it, but i won't, dodn't like it, so probally wont get it. Seemed dull to me.

And just to be sure, we are talking about the tokyo babalon with suberu, the guy who is a seer and helps solve murder cases and sh*t right? If i'm wrong, i'd like to know what you guys are talking about, because i love X, but really found tokyo babalon a bore and a half.

merylsilverburg
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

No trust me meryl, he's talking about X, he's never seen tokyo babalon, and doubt he ever will, unless i buy it, but i won't, dodn't like it, so probally wont get it. Seemed dull to me.

Yeah, but SSSnake said "Speaking of X, where can I find the intro to the series?" And the intro is Tokyo Babylon...unless he meant to say "Where can I find the first episode to X?" :confused:

And just to be sure, we are talking about the tokyo babalon with suberu, the guy who is a seer and helps solve murder cases and sh*t right? If i'm wrong, i'd like to know what you guys are talking about, because i love X, but really found tokyo babalon a bore and a half.

Yes, that's the one. It's really quite good, IMO. Many people don't know it's the prequel, but luckily I saw it first, then X the Movie. It's not so bad, but I guess it would be dull to some, since the action is only average.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Lol sorry i didn't specify at all.I meant the intro theme to the series "X".I looked on Kazaa and imesh and i got nothing :(

merylsilverburg
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Lol sorry i didn't specify at all.I meant the intro theme to the series "X".I looked on Kazaa and imesh and i got nothing :(

Ohhh...:laugh: :laugh: Well in that case, I'm afraid I don't know. I believe they came out with a soundtrack to the series, but it's Japan only. I have to go and check....

EDIT: SSSnake, the opening theme is called "EX DREAM". Maybe you can find it using the name?

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Ok sweet meryl.Oh more help.Do you know of any fan sites of the series with summary's and a lot of pics?

merylsilverburg
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Hmm...I actually haven't looked up any info on X the TV since I haven't seen it yet. But, I think if you go here Anipike (http://www.anipike.com) and go to the X and find the series, you might come across many sites. If that doesn't work, I can also help look for some nice sites, just give me notice and I'll go on a search. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 25th, 2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Hmm...I actually haven't looked up any info on X the TV since I haven't seen it yet. But, I think if you go here Anipike (http://www.anipike.com) and go to the X and find the series, you might come across many sites. If that doesn't work, I can also help look for some nice sites, just give me notice and I'll go on a search. :)

Yeah i looked around a lot on there.Found a lot of interesting things about the series.Sadly all they have is pics of the old one and the new redone one me and CC are watching.

merylsilverburg
Nov 25th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Hmm...I thought Anipike would have some sites that has the more newer pics than X/1999 and the Movie. Well, since X TV is pretty hard to find image galleries (harder than I thought :P) I was only able to find these few:

X Gallery - Delusions of Grandeur (http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/reviews/animeimages.asp?ID=23) I realize this image gallery bites and there's not much stuff on here...but maybe over the course of the next few months, the person will update with more pics and info.

X TV Series (http://www.bestanime.com/view_title.php3?index=1287) NOTE: This site is the best when it comes to new animes and all. They have lots of X TV images. The downside? You have to pay for them. You have to become a member by registering and paying with a credit card. They charge $4 for 30 days, but if you're willing, they have image galleries and sound/song clips.

X Official Site (http://www.anime-x.jp/) In Japanese only, it's CLAMP's official X site. If you find a translater tool, you can translate it but the result will be odd-sounding and all, because Japanese and English have different ways of saying things. But, you can give this site a look.

Well, I hope this helps. :right:

Okay, so someone help me out: Tokyo Babylon is the prequel to X the Movie or is it not? After looking through some sites, I don't think I'm so sure anymore.
Or, is X the TV the prequel to X the Movie? I know there's an OVA which is episode 0 of the TV Series....ahh....:confused:

Cannibal Clown
Nov 27th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Yeah meryl, those will help a lot. I've been to the japanese site before, it's helpfull, but hard to navigate trhough, considering the fact that it's all in japanese.

Amd abou ther movie, i just bought it the other day, and it's just a huge summary of the series. It's really good, but it's downfall was to try to put too much stuff into one 110 minute movie. The animation is good, and the fights are okay, but not long enough at all. The acting could be better, and it's quite dissapointing with how they had to kill the character development by trying to get way too muh stuff in at once. So i find it more of the "cliff notes" of the series.

but over all, X is definatly one of the coolest animes i've ever seen. My favorite aspects of anime all put into one anime. The depth put into characters reminds me of cowboy bebop, and the animation also. The fantasy over all is awesome, and seems to really get my attention the way escaflowne and record of lodoss was did. The darkness was really cool, like a mixture of hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, and Akira. And then the really weird plot, got me into thinking the way i had to when going through the eva series and movies. And lastly, the action, it kicked ass. Like a very well done version or DBZ, and a whole bunch of titles like rayearth and Silent mobius. The magic and fighting is just awesome, and and the music got many awards and great marks from japan, and i can see why, which is why SSSnake wanted the opening and soundtracks of the series. It's done very well, reminds me of most of Yoko Kannos work while doing the macross and escaflowne series. So i suggest this anime for any serious otaku out ther. It's f*cking cool!!!!

Pu the Owl
Nov 30th, 2002, 09:56 PM
The artbooks by Clamp for X are really awesome stuff. Probably among the best artbooks I've ever seen. But some of you already know Clamp's style is so rich and beautiful, with lot of decorations and very detailed. Especially some of the arts for Kamui are something extraordinary.
I've seen scans of these artbooks around the web more than once, but I'm sorry I don't remember many links :( At this moment, I can only post this one (http://www.baranosenshi.net/zero/), but I'll be back if I remember the others!