PDA

View Full Version : Save game.

Daniel Legge
Nov 20th, 2002, 01:14 PM
On vice city one of my save game files wont work. I have 2, one i use for doin missions and dont cheat on that one. The other one i use to muck about using cheats and stuff. The other day i tryed to load up my game (the mission game file) and it said "loading game" then it said "game loaded" then...........black screen. I repeated this several times but still no luck.SO i started the game without any memory cards inserted and it loaded up. I put my card in and tryed to load up the one i had done loads of missions on but black screen again. I did this again and loaded up my other file where i did cheat and it worked fine.

Anybody know why this might of happend?
It doesnt really matter now because i have got past where i was anyway but i want to know so maybe i can stop it happening again. Any ideas anybody?

Matrix
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:01 PM
u probably saved at the mr. whoopie hideout..........if you save their there is a chance it wont load when u try........also use sony brand memory cards only!!!!

Dactrius
Nov 21st, 2002, 05:23 AM
There are a lot of rumours and panic about this circiling the internet. Your problem is the use of cheats. If you use a cheat (Weapons, armour, health and wanted level SHOULD be fine) and then reset the console, there is a good chance your save will become corrupt. There is a chance that this will affect any of your saves, not just the one you use for cheating. After using cheats, always (I repeat ALWAYS) turn off the console and then reload your game. Never under any circumstance should you save your game after using cheats. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

P.S. I've never heard about the Mr. Whoopee hideout bug, and I doubt it's true, but if you're sure...

mark0™
Nov 21st, 2002, 11:15 AM
i got the same deal, its really pissing me off, i was saving with cheats for a while, still do but it only happened once, plus i use my sony brand card, if anyone knows if they can unccorupt the file please tell!

Daniel Legge
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:17 PM
well i saved it at the shack hideout (rhe one that costs like a $1000 or something. I have sony memory cards as well. Oh yeh the only cheats i used were the health armor ammo and wanted level cheats (they were the only ones i used)

Thanks for the advice guys.

Infernus
Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:46 PM
The only place I have problems with saves is at Cherry popper and Hyman Condo. The coding for Hyman is a totally mess.

Matrix
Nov 23rd, 2002, 12:03 AM
the hyman?????? works ok for me!!!!!!!