PDA

View Full Version : Raiden and the next MGS

Opalex
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Do you think there will be any possibility to see Raiden in MGS3? I'm not talking of Raiden as a playable character, but Raiden in the cast. Could he be involved in the next game?

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:58 PM
When I first played the game, I didn't like the new kid, I wanted to be Solid Snake, as I waited for more then 3 years to be "SNAKE". So thats why I didn't like Raiden, but later I realized that without Raiden, Sons of Liberty is pointless. I have mentioned before too, in my opinion, if Snake was the body of the game, Raiden was the heart. He was actually a great character, someone new to the series, someone who could be the next "Grey Fox" in the next couple of years, we dont know.

As I like this charcter now, I would want him back. But I am not too sure if Kojima or (whoever is directing the game) would bring him back or not, as I know they didn't get the warmest of letters from the fans of the series.

But I think he just might end up being in the game, as in for a side character, with a very small role (I would love that too). I wouldn't mind him being playable as well (As long as hes playable for a 20 minute stage, thats it).

He would be mentioned in the next chapter, and would be remembered for sure, and even though he is not liked by many people, just might end up in the final cast for MGS3, I hope so.

Ruby Moon
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:05 PM
To me, having Raiden in MGS3 would be pointless, at least as a playable character. In MGS2 he was there because there was Solidus as well. Knowing Solidus can't be in MGS3 (but who knows? Many people thought the same for Liquid....), I doubt there will be Raiden too. He could be back only as a secondary character, as Otacon maybe, but not playable IMO.

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Moon
He could be back only as a secondary character, as Otacon maybe, but not playable IMO.
Yeah, most probably he wouldn't be a playable character even if he does end up coming in the game. I am sure Kojima (or whoever) doesn't want the players to say "Oh NO, Not again"....while playing the game.

Still, if there are some "SWORD" fighting scenes, we know its hard to be or play as "Ninja"...... they could just bring "Raiden", as he is the only person other then "Grey Fox" who deals with Blades.

But something tells me that the REAL GREY FOX would be in the next chapter, not as the NINJA, but as a totally new identity. Trust me.

Ruby Moon
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:13 PM
This could be: that if there's some sword fighting Raiden will be there. But I suppose it will end being like the duel between Fortune and Solid Snake. In MGS2 there was this duel, but since it was secondary for the plot, because the attention was focused on Raiden and Solidus, you couldn't play as Snake. I bet if there's a duel involving Raiden in MGS3, it will be kinda secondary for the main story, and this means you probably won't have the chance to play as Raiden. Again, this is only my idea regarding this matter.

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:18 PM
True, I know what you are saying, that even if there is a sword fight, we would see Raiden doing the shot and the scene (Not controlling the character), which like I said is super cool with me. I just want to see Raiden in the next episode, and I know he would be more mature in it. But yeah, making him the playable character is next to impossible, there is 5% chance that he'd end up as a playable character.

Ruby Moon
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:27 PM
BTW, I'd like to have Raiden in the next game too. I don't mind if he appears for a little role or for as one of the main characters. Whatever it'll be, it's fine for me. But I'd like to see him coming back.

merylsilverburg
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:38 PM
I think there might be a slim chance that Raiden will return for MGS3. First off, like Ruby said, there would be no point and he's already "settled" with Rose and the taking care of the baby and all. If he appeared for a brief part, then that would be nice since he does know about the Patriots and the whole story in MGS2. But, like what I said above, I don't think he might appear in the next game and he is also not well-liked by many people. What might happen is that a new character will appear, but in order not to repeat the same mistake as MGS2, that new character will probably be playable for a few levels and then you play as Snake for most of the time. I dunno, that's just what I think. :P

Rei
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:52 PM
As the others said, I doubt Raiden will be playable in MGS3. All the people that said they didn't like his role in MGS2 and that they wanted Snake, didn't understand anything about the game. They didn't get the reason for Raiden to be there and they didn't even get why it had to be Raiden and not Snake. Poor Kojima.... That's why, and not because the staff will avoid putting Raiden in MGS3 simply because people didn't like him, there won't be a playable role for him: because his "mission" is finished with MGS2, and all the reasons for the presence of Raiden in the game no longer exist. Since Solidus and Raiden are tied together, what's the point in making Raiden come back if Solidus is gone? It wouldn't be useful. I'm not saying he can't be in MGS3, but I wouldn't expect to play as Raiden in the next game.

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Yeah, thats right, Raiden is tied with Solidus, who has died, and will not return. But Liquid died too......... but then again, its Metal Gear Solid, not Metal Gear Raiden.

Still, we dont know if Vamp is really dead or not, like I mentioned in the other thread, another sighting of Vamp was in the game in the end "Watching" Rose and Raiden meet in the middle of the road, who is someone who went up against Raiden not only once, twice but thrice in a way. So if he returns....I dont know anything is possible.

Still, it would be cool to see Raiden in MGS3 (Non-Playable, or Playable) doesn't really matter to me.

Black Heart
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Unlike all the people who said they didn't like Raiden, I liked him, but I'm not sure I would like to have him in MGS3. That would sound more like a "MGS2 part II".

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Black Heart
That would sound more like a "MGS2 part II".
That will happen only if he becomes playable in most of the game, which I dont think will happen. :)

But for some reason I think, later later in the series, Raiden will return, for a Solo mission game. It would be called "Metal Gear Something".

I mean, Metal Gear series is something that doesn't stay in one place, it goes forward and forward in time, and Snake gets older and older, and who else could replace Solid Snake then the person who actually almost did in Sons of Liberty.

Raiden playable in Metal Gear Solid 3, not quite possible. Raiden getting a solo Metal Gear game in the future, just might happen. I actually would like that.

Beretta55
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:56 PM
i would like it if raiden return i think he is a pretty cool character. but i would like to see more of snake in MGS3 though and let raiden return to have a small role or something or maybe raiden might die in MGS3. doing something brave and noble to save snake....who know's.

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by beretta55
or maybe raiden might die in MGS3. doing something brave and noble to save snake....who know's.
That would be so sweet and kind of him, and would be a good scene, but hes tooo young to die in the series, :( not to forget, he just might be the person who'd continue the Metal Gear Saga. Who knows.

dan da man
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:06 AM
i think raiden will be in the stroy half way through to help u who knows, but its is stupid at the end of mgs1 snake says to meryl or octacon im going to lve a quiet life but hes in mgs2 maybe he diceded to join hte anti metalgear rex club what ever:laugh: but dies anyone think merly will be in it?

MakgSnake
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:29 AM
I am 100% sure that Meryl would be, she has to be there. She will be there.......if not, Kojima would have to deal with me then. :laugh:

Opalex
Nov 18th, 2002, 08:25 PM
I suppose you're right guys. If there will be a place for Raiden in the next game, he won't be a playable character. It's cool anyways.

ssjtrunks13
Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:15 AM
I must admit that at first I didn't like Raiden, but when I saw he got a sword I liked him better. I just wish he could have had for a longer time. If he is a playable character in the next game, he should have a sword for as long as he is in it.

Bogart
Nov 23rd, 2002, 04:03 PM
I don't care if Raiden will be playable or not. He's a cool character, so I don't care. It's fine both ways for me.

merylsilverburg
Nov 23rd, 2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I am 100% sure that Meryl would be, she has to be there. She will be there.......if not, Kojima would have to deal with me then. :laugh:

Off topic but: oddly enough, I don't think Meryl will be in the next game. I don't know why I think that....maybe because if the next MGS game is linked with the previous game, there would be no point in her being there since the storyline has nothing to do with her at all. I mean, it'd be great if she's gonna be in MGS3, but I don't know if it'll happen.
But then again, who knows? Maybe many questioned Kojima about it, that he just might put her in. :)

Back on the topic: I admit that I didn't like Raiden at first either (I don't know many who did :laugh: ), but later on he became an essential part of the game and plot. So, it would be nice to see him in again.....ah, I'm just repeating myself. Nevermind. :laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Off topic but: oddly enough, I don't think Meryl will be in the next game. I don't know why I think that....maybe because if the next MGS game is linked with the previous game, there would be no point in her being there since the storyline has nothing to do with her at all. I mean, it'd be great if she's gonna be in MGS3, but I don't know if it'll happen.
You could be right, but these are the reasons I think she would be in the next game "FOR SURE".
1.) Almost every single person asked Kojima why Meryl wasn't in Sons Of Liberty. (Kojima said he wanted to show the relationship between Snake and Otacon, thats why.) And I believe that relationship has been shown now. So after sooo many people asking Kojima why she wasn't there, she would be in the next game most probably.

2.) She wrote the book which can be read at the special option screen in Sons of Liberty, which means she would very much know what happened in the PLANT and TANKER chapter. As it shows, she keeps track on whats still happening with the person who changed her life.

3.) We have "kinda" a mission in the next sequal in which we'll have to save the baby of OLGA, and who better to do that job then Meryl. (Snake carrying a baby around?..) I mean, its something she would know more about then Solid Snake.

4.) Again, almost 99% of fans wants to know more about Solid Snake and Meryl (What happened between them, are they still togather, do they even email each other, are they still intrested in each other, will we see extra sparks between them if they are on screen togather) All these questions and more.

5.) In Substance she has made a semi appereance, shows that the KCEJ team must be working on her polygon image for the next sequal.

Ok back on topic....
I would really to see Raiden in the next sequal (Playable or non-playable), doesn't really matter. I just would like to see him around.

merylsilverburg
Nov 24th, 2002, 02:27 AM

You could be right, but these are the reasons I think she would be in the next game "FOR SURE".
1.) Almost every single person asked Kojima why Meryl wasn't in Sons Of Liberty. (Kojima said he wanted to show the relationship between Snake and Otacon, thats why.) And I believe that relationship has been shown now. So after sooo many people asking Kojima why she wasn't there, she would be in the next game most probably.

Yeah, that's true. I know I was concerned about Meryl too and I knew about the relationship thing. This was one of the reasons why I hope she would be in the next game too.

[color=darkblue]
2.) She wrote the book which can be read at the special option screen in Sons of Liberty, which means she would very much know what happened in the PLANT and TANKER chapter. As it shows, she keeps track on whats still happening with the person who changed her life.

Really? Oh man, I must've missed that. :right:

3.) We have "kinda" a mission in the next sequal in which we'll have to save the baby of OLGA, and who better to do that job then Meryl. (Snake carrying a baby around?..) I mean, its something she would know more about then Solid Snake.

I always seem to forget about Olga's baby. *smacks herself* It would be funny though, to see Snake handle the baby. :laugh: Raiden was good with Emma, but I don't think Snake can handle young people that well.

4.) Again, almost 99% of fans wants to know more about Solid Snake and Meryl (What happened between them, are they still togather, do they even email each other, are they still intrested in each other, will we see extra sparks between them if they are on screen togather) All these questions and more.

Aaahhh...I would love this. :love: This was probably one of the biggest reasons why I wanted Meryl to be in MGS2. I hope their relationship is still the same if she is in the next game. :(

5.) In Substance she has made a semi appereance, shows that the KCEJ team must be working on her polygon image for the next sequal.

Yeah, I think I saw a pic of that. It was nice to see her again.

Well, I really hope all your theories are right, Makg. It'd be so great if so. :happy:

Frozen
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:47 AM
All I hope is that Meryl does not get killed for good in the next game. Because if she appeared, it could happen.

Snake goes then apeshit, and turns evil. Then Raiden has to come and kill him to save the world. End of MGS. :roll:

I'd love to see Raiden either playable or in the cast, although I would prefer him playable. Absolutely not replacing Snake the way he did on MGS2, but definitely to be able to play as him for a while (maybe in the inverted way it happened in MGS 2, play a little bit with him on the beginning, then play the rest of the game as Snake, that would be badass)

merylsilverburg
Nov 25th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

All I hope is that Meryl does not get killed for good in the next game. Because if she appeared, it could happen.

Snake goes then apeshit, and turns evil. Then Raiden has to come and kill him to save the world. End of MGS. :roll:

What a way to end the series. :laugh: :laugh: I hope that doesn't happen....you know with Meryl being killed...I'd be pissed. :frust:

dan da man
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:06 PM
i would like to see snake meryl and raiden, a funny storyline if hidoe kojima wants to get with of raiden, half way through the game raiden and merly have a affair lol and u have to kill raiden lol:laugh:

Hylas
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Ewww! That'd suck! :P

dan da man
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:28 PM
^
^
i agree who would want to see the end of mgs it is great!

MakgSnake
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Well......Snake may have a rude side, but he aint never gonna be a bad guy in the game.

As for Meryl getting killed, there are some chances for that to happen, as in Japanese story lines, they love killing the female so the hero gets a sad more touchy ending.

But HEY, hasn't that already happened. In MGS1....... Meryl either dies or lives. So I dont think Konami would repeat something like that. Not with Meryl. And even if it does......... it may have the same "Multiple Ending" thing.

dan da man
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:13 PM
^
^
i tottaly agree i think meryl wont die she will live on with solid snake the most is she could get shot or kidnapped but they have both happened in mgs1

MakgSnake
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
i tottaly agree i think meryl wont die she will live on with solid snake the most is she could get shot or kidnapped but they have both happened in mgs1
Yup that has happened. ............ but what they can do is Put SNAKE in a totally difficult situation that then only Meryl would be able to save HIM. Then we play as Meryl and save Solid Snake.

Something I wouldn't like.. lol :laugh:

But many people would enjoy that. ("If it wasn't for Meryl, Snake would be a dead meat, Meryl RULZZ" <-- Those Kinda people)

merylsilverburg
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:38 PM

As for Meryl getting killed, there are some chances for that to happen, as in Japanese story lines, they love killing the female so the hero gets a sad more touchy ending.

I know, doesn't that suck? I hate that. :(

Yup that has happened. ............ but what they can do is Put SNAKE in a totally difficult situation that then only Meryl would be able to save HIM. Then we play as Meryl and save Solid Snake.

Something I wouldn't like.. lol :laugh:

Oh no, I wouldn't like that either. *shakes head*

dan da man
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:06 PM
i would not mind playing merly but only for a short time in the game i would like to play solid snake mostly

Vicious
Dec 6th, 2002, 04:52 PM
It would be awesome in MGS3 to play as Snake and Raiden be like the boss at the end of the game who you dont know who he is until you get to him.

dan da man
Dec 6th, 2002, 04:58 PM
^
^
i think that would suck, well it could have its advantages!

MakgSnake
Dec 6th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LiquidSnake1231

It would be awesome in MGS3 to play as Snake and Raiden be like the boss at the end of the game who you dont know who he is until you get to him.
Yeah, but I dont know, it wouldn't be that good with Snake And Raiden. I'd like it if the main villan reviels him/herself in the end. Like we dont know who we are going against in the very end.

But then that character wont have any character development and nothing. :(

All I know is when I play MGS3, I wanna close my mind and will not guess any scenes or any story. I just wanna play be surprised in each and every second. :happy:

Mercury Shadow
Dec 6th, 2002, 06:14 PM
mmm, well it really depends on what the game is about, I wouldnt wanna just see a random Raiden, ya know? But if he fits into the story, I'd like to see him in there (not playable).

ssjtrunks13
Dec 9th, 2002, 12:03 PM
I was bent up about how you played Raiden through the majority of the game and the thing that made me even more upset was because I had only played a demo of Metal Gear Solid and nothing else before.

dan da man
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:29 PM
i got mgs2 on the realse date and i never read any info about the game because i dd not want to spoild the game so i dint knw about the new kid raiden i thought it was snake lol (i played the plant chapter first)

so when he was on the lift and took his oxygen mask off and saw blond hair wtf:shock: snake has gone blond! then i found out in the story hes was raiden i mean what a way to find out!! a fantastic experince!

my advice is when we know for sure mgs3 is coming out dont read any reviews or spoilers u dont want to spoil the game, u dont need to to read reviews on mgs to see if it is good or not u know mgs series will always be good.

so if u dont spoil and read stuff about it the oncoimng mgs3 (cant w8 for the news on it) evey thing about the game is brill man, mgs2 was one of the best experices i have had especially if you dont read about it, you could have a fantastic shock like me:D in the next mgs!
well its upto u how u will play the game, i awalys read about games before there released but never mgs dont want do ruin it because the storys and adventure is incredible!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:39 PM
I didn't read anything on Raiden either and was surprised when I saw my brother reading the instruction book. At first I thought Raiden was a female. I haven't played the previous ones so I don't know if she was ever playable, but I hope you'll be able to play as her in MGS3. I think that would be cool!

If he is in the next one and you do play him I hope he doesn't take up most of the game.

dan da man
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:44 PM
i hope you are not j/k or taking the mik, but raiden is a guy, no he was not playble in the previous mgs series u were the mighty
solid snake

ssjtrunks13
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Seriously, all I saw was the long hair on the head when I saw the picture.