PDA

View Full Version : MGS2: is it that good?

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:35 PM
On one hand I've heard MGS2 is one of the best games ever, on the other hand I've heard many people didn't like it because it's too complex and in some parts a little messed up.

You'll surely be able to tell me if it's really so good, or if it's really so messed up...

I only watched the trailers and it seems amazing, but difficult for an average player, not used to this typology of game.

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Ahhhh......Metal Gear Solid 2.....what to say about it? Well, for one.....IT ROCKS! That's my opinion personally. At first, I was like you, Mana. I didn't think that Metal Gear Solid 1 was that great until I tried it and I was hooked! Yes, it's true that the storyline in MGS2 was a bit complex but I think they made it this way for the next Metal Gear. But, I would recommend you get Metal Gear Solid 1, then if you like that, get 2. If you're not into this type of espionage-action, then I wouldn't recommend this. It's really too bad you joined the forum so late! There's this one member, MakgSnake, who is a MGS FAN! I'm so serious! He knows EVERYTHING about the game! He's off to Pakistan for 3 months, but when he comes back, you can ask him ANYTHING! He'll be so happy to know that a new member and (hopefully) a MGS fan has arrived! Anyway, I'd still say try the game first, then judge for yourself whether it's your thing or not. To me, the plot wasn't all that confusing. Hope this helps! :)

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestion!
I think I'll get MGS first ( I didn't know MGS2 was a sequel of the other game :D) and then MGS2. This way I'll get used to the game and I'll be able to understand better the story :)

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:07 PM
MGS1 is cool. I bet you'll like it! :)

Killuminati
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:47 PM
yeah Makg does know alot.......but so do i

read the "How many times?" thread and u'll see how.

MGS2 is the best game ever made IMO.

the story was complex but if u understand it completely it rivals some of the best storylines ever conceived out there.

also any questions u have about the game ask me

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry, Xiliphore!! I didn't mean to forget you! It's just that MakgSnake is around almost at every post, if you know what I mean! Gomen nasai!! :( :(

Killuminati
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:53 PM
yeah i know.........i dont think Makg has much of a life. hes always here

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Ha, ha.....wouldn't he be happy you said that? Joking. But, it is true that he is here all the time. Now that he left, it feels kinda quiet. I'm glad there's new members joining though! :)

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Yes! I still have a question! I know there are 2 games for Nintendo called Metal Gear, if I'm not wrong.
Are they connected to MGS series? Is it necessary to know something about them to understand MGS?

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Hmmm.....I think I heard about that, but I'm not quite sure. I don't think you'll need to play all the other Metal Gears in order to understand the recent ones. If does help if you know the stories though. You can go and find video-game magazines that tell the history of Metal Gear, so that way, you're informed beforehand. But, still, I'm not quite sure, so maybe someone else can help you out! Sorry about that. But, I DO know that you do NOT want to play this unofficial Metal Gear game, which is called Metal Gear Solid: Black Sheep. It is unofficial, and it mocks Kojima, Hideo (he directed all the Metal Gear games) and the entire game itself. Avoid that at all costs!

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Well in mgs for PS it explains what happens it the past two games so there is no need to play everything in mgs plus not many element from the last games are included in mgs accept for a few.

jenova_jeb
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:17 PM
MGS and MGS2 are some great games. You've gotta play them! I've never played the old ones, and I understand the plot just fine, so there's not really any reason you MUST play them.

GaseousSnake
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:01 PM
yea Mana,Jenobas right just go get your copy of MGS1 and look for a quiet spot and enjoy.Believe me you will luv it all.:D

Pu the Owl
Feb 15th, 2002, 04:54 AM
You have to play MGS to understand MGS2 (because there are many references during the game), but you don't have to play also the older ones.

Killuminati
Feb 15th, 2002, 06:19 PM
the two first MG's are:

Metal Gear (1989)
Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake(1993)

GaseousSnake
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:49 PM
My advice to you is to go get that DVD copy cuz that game is the greatest.

Vamp
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Ms Mana

i would say that u buy Metal Gear Solid on psx first and give ure best at it.

the graphics might be up outdated but dont let that bother u and once u finish that game u will be dying to get ure hands on Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons Of Liberty

and yes u dont have to play the very first two versions. MGS1 explains it all

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Xiliphore
yeah Makg does know alot.......but so do i

read the "How many times?" thread and u'll see how.

Ok I Didn't Know That The More U Finish The Game The More U'll Know About It.

Like That A Person Has To Finish A Certain Games 100 Times To Know The Most??.??

Neways. Please Answer The Question In Metallic Quiz On Solid's Gear Then. I'll Be Thankful!

By The Way Thanks Meryl For The Compliment! :)

And Mana..........Like Other Members Have Said. Uve Got To Play MGS1 To Understand MGS2 Cause MGS2 Is A True Sequal, There Are Alot Of Things U Might Not Understand If U Havn't Played MGS1. ALTHOUGH Kojima Said That A Totally NEW Person Who Has Not Played Metal Gear Series Before Would Understand MGS2. But Still.............I'd Say U Play MGS1 First.

U See For All The Old Metal Gear FANS There Is The Tanker Chapter. But For People Who Are Totally New To The Series. I Think The "PLANT" Chapter Was Introduced. U'll Understand What I Am Saying Once U Play MGS2.

But Please Buy MGS1. U'll Thank Ureself And Well U Can Thank Me Too Later! :D

Hope U Enjoy The Game ALOT And Become A BIG Metal Gear FAN!! That'll Be Just GREAT!.! Trust Me. Plz! :) :D

talon101
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:22 AM
------

Edited by MakgSnake

GaseousSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:05 PM
So whats wrong with it talon?

MakgSnake
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:26 PM
Simple Pure Spamming, Seriously Pissed Me Off. I Just Took Care Of It!

merylsilverburg
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:45 PM
Uh.....what did talon101 say? Must've been bad, if it pissed Makg off! :shock: Well, whatever he/she said, I'm glad I didn't read it otherwise.....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:49 PM
Hmm im sort of curious of what he wrote

Serj
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:50 PM
MGS2 is currently my favorite game on the PS2. The intro movie gave me chills when I saw it for the first time. It still gives me chills to this day. This game is a mastet peice. I wouldn't just get the DVD, I'd get the case and the manual. It's that good, and worth it too.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 27th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Hmm im sort of curious of what he wrote

Probably bashed MGS2. :laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Peolpe who bash MGS2 make me mad:frust:

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 28th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Well I promise I'll keep it down ;)

MakgSnake
Feb 28th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

Probably bashed MGS2. :laugh:
It Had Nothing To Do With Metal Gear, Otherwise I Would Have Left It On These Forums. It Was Totally Different, And Could Have Lead The Topic Somewhere Else.

And Sleazy, I Dont EDIT Or Delete Member's Post Even If They Bash Or Talk Bad About Metal Gear. It'll Be Their Opinion About The Game. And I Have No Right To Stop Them There. Like I Said, Not Everybody Likes MGS.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 06:49 PM
I could never think any negative things about msg2.Its perfect to me.

Serj
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Metal Gear Solid is a master piece.
I would bow down to Hideo Kojima-San.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Well it is a great game.....It's just not for me. But I will say the first part on the tanker....beautiful. :cool: I have been known to give games a second chance, so who knows, maybe when I find a used copy I may pick it up.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:47 PM
try it again sleazy.