PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing – doesn’t the “kiddie” look of this game bother anybody?

severous84
Nov 17th, 2002, 03:48 PM
So many people love this game now, but I’ve never played it. I just take one look at the box cover art and think
“this game looks like it’s for kids 7 and under.” To those of you who have it: is the gameplay so good that you
can overlook the silly appearance?

Beretta55
Nov 17th, 2002, 04:03 PM
it may be kiddie but it's a fun game i played it and found it boring but oh well diffrent storke's for diffrent folk's i guess.

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Well, yeah in the Next Gen Consoles era, graphics do matter to alot of people. But still gameplay is one of the most important aspect of the game, no matter what.

Its one of the freshest new title in years!!! I heard, its very very interactive, and runs in the same time zone as your life do. That means, if you play in the night......everybody would be sleeping in the game as well, and you wouldn't have that many people to talk to and get the game on quick.

Pikmin isn't the best when it comes to graphics, but one of the most addictive games of the year as well.

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:16 PM
I'm still a little foggy on this game...what exactly do you do in it?

severous84
Nov 20th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Sword for hire, I'm not sure, I haven't tried it yet. I was hoping some fans could tell me more about it.

MakgSnake
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:44 PM
Well I havn't played this game, but I heard alot about people and read about it too, as it seems like an intresting game. When I get NGC, which will be soon, I will get this game.. as renting it wouldn't be the best of idea.

Its basically a small virtual life you will be living. In a forrest, and meeting new people, ...... you can work, and do all sorts of things in it and earn money and have a good life living in that game. When you make money, you can use the money on buying any things from the nearest shops or use it on decorting your house and making it big size wise.

You can nice to your neighbours or be rude to them. One of the examples....... fish at the pound and sell them, and make money out of it. Or if not intrested, sell the fishing rod and get some nice money from that.

Its a multi player game too, but not all players can play at once. If you are playing, you can leave messages and give your brother a treasure hunt in the village, so when he starts playing, he'll get your message and start searching for the hunt (as a mini game).

Its a pretty intresting game. Trust me.

merylsilverburg
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Its a multi player game too, but not all players can play at once. If you are playing, you can leave messages and give your brother a treasure hunt in the village, so when he starts playing, he'll get your message and start searching for the hunt (as a mini game).

Its a pretty intresting game. Trust me.

Sounds so cute. XD But, I have a question: are you able to link up two GC in order to make it into a real multi-player game? Kinda like the GBA where you link two up in order to play?

Also, this game kinda sounds like the Harvest Moon series too. :D

severous84
Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:54 AM
Hey thanks magksnake. Appreciate the review. Not sure if I'll get it but maybe for Xmas. I've been busy playing Dr. Muto. Have you tried it yet. Never leave home without your splizz gun!