PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts on ICO ?

Mercury Shadow
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Hi, I got a Playstation magazine demo disc with an ICO video on it. I thought it was a very interesting game, with great ganeplay. Has anyone played it yet? The puzzles and maybe even gameplay look somewhat similar to Zelda, are they?

I appreciate your feedback :)

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:06 PM
ICO is an amazing game!
Very original, and both gameplay and graphics are fantastic!

At the beginning I thought of some resemblances with Zelda too, and mainly because they're both games with RPG setting and atmosphere, but in reality they're adventure games.
Anyway, I think they're very different games. I like them both. I'm a great Zelda fan, and ICO has nothing less than some episodes of the series.
It's not a long game, it's true, so if you prefer something longer you should rent it. But it's a must-play!

One of the best games for PS2 I've played!

Harry
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I completely agree with you Mana.
ICO is one of the most fascinating game sI've ever played. The atmosphere is just unforgettable... and the gameplay is really original. A short game, but a masterpiece. The European version, coming out this March will feature improved AI of the enemies and some improvement in the gameplay.

jenova_jeb
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:09 PM
I've only played the demo, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm planning on buying the game once I get time to play it :rolleyes: .

Pu the Owl
Feb 15th, 2002, 04:29 AM
ICO is an amazing game.
One of best for PS2. Definitely a good purchase.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the input guys! I am definitely buying the game.

Jenova_jeb, don't worry about having time for the game, it's real real short I hear!

Ruby Moon
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:12 AM
I liked ICO. I've purchased it after having tried the demo and I really loved that game. While playing I was addicted to the astonishing atmosphere and when I finished it I played it again and again just to look at environments!

Zelgadis
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:34 PM
hmmm im not really into puzzles but hell im goinng 2 rent it now and if its not good ya all dead

Pu the Owl
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Zelgadis
im goinng 2 rent it now and if its not good ya all dead

LOL :D there's no need to kill someone only for a rent!

Mercury Shadow
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:34 PM
haha, I don't know Fortune, $5 is $5. (sarcastically)

Zelgadis
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:21 AM
that was joke man duh anywya didnt rent it :( 4got my ID and its already 2 late 2 go back :( well there is always 2morrow

DragonSphere
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:45 AM
I've only tried the demo and was interested in it for a few weeks. But I guess one day I just forgot about it. I might buy it sometime, maybe when the price goes down, seeing as how I can't really afford to buy a game right now. And I'm not really fond of renting since I hardly do it.

Vamp
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Moon
I liked ICO. I've purchased it after having tried the demo and I really loved that game. While playing I was addicted to the astonishing atmosphere and when I finished it I played it again and again just to look at environments!
Oh man, Ruby Moon u are so right about that. i have done the same thing, just to look at its environments ive played that game again and again. it is beautiful and i had this demo disc in which it had Behind The Scenes of ICO. i was amazed.

and please SO WHAT if the game is short, dont play the game like fu##ing mad man and finish the game in 4 hours or so.

please take ure time. the game wont run away or leave ure house, it'll be there for a week (even if u rent it)

and i'd also suggest everyone to buy that game. mama miaa!!! its beautiful~

Mercury Shadow
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:16 PM
I took your guys' advice and bought the game on Ebay for $30. I can't wait to play it!!

I also took Vamp's advice... I'll play it slowly and watch the beautiful scenes.

jenova_jeb
Feb 19th, 2002, 08:04 AM
I told a friend of mine from another forum that I hadn't played the game yet, and that I really wanted to, so he's sending to me this week for free! I can't wait to play it! :)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 19th, 2002, 03:01 PM
WOW! For free? I need to meet your friend :D haha

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:28 AM
I Know Everybody Has Said Whatever They Wanted To Say About This Thread. But Still I'd Also Have To Say Something.

I Bought ICO With My Ps2 And That Was A VERY WISE Decision. Cause Its One Of The Most BreathTaking Games Ive Ever Played. Beautiful!!!.!!!

And I Agree That U Have To Play That Game Slow. By Taking Ure Time. Saving After 2 Hours And Then Playing It Next Day. Cause U Really Dont Wanna Get Over With This Beauty In 4-5 Hours. Nope!

Ico Is Extraordinady.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:32 AM
Truthfully i played the game and couldn't really get into it at all

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Truthfully i played the game and couldn't really get into it at all

Well, ICO isn't really for everyone, I'll have to admit. I mean, personally, I love ICO, but I understand what you're saying SSSnake. The visuals are terrific though. It's really too bad it was so short, but maybe because I charged right through it without stopping. :D

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I know. Old thread, but I have a question for everyone: Has anyone else found any other secrets to ICO? I did find one and it was so cool to me....