PDA

View Full Version : Furi Kuri

happy_doughnut
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Hehe, what a silly name ^_^;

Hm, I just recently read about this anime. From the review they gave it, it seems like a very interesting action/comedy anime.
It only has 6 OVAs, right ?

Man, from the sounds of it, this has to be hillarious XD
A good thing is that it's not thatpricey ^_^

Has anyone watched it ? Any recomendations ?

The name is funny ! XD

merylsilverburg
Nov 16th, 2002, 04:12 AM
Hey Mena! :happy: Yeah, I've seen only...uh....2-3 episodes of Furi Kuri/Fooly Cooly/FLCL....it's been a while, so I forgot how many episodse I watched exactly. :P

Anyways, the anime is seriously odd. The humor in this series basically are: parodies of other animes and odd humor (not sick or gross, just...odd). It seems that the storyline is hard to understand because it's strange...but, the weirdness of it makes it interesting indeed.

The story is flat out odd, but I'm sure it'll all make sense in the end. The character designs are good...almost human-like...slightly like Bebop, but that's just my opinion. The music is nice, though, and it's very catchy with drums, electric guitar...fits the anime nicely.

Well, I'm no expert on this series. The person you'd want to talk to is Reid, but he's never on anymore ( :weep: ) so I'd say, Fortune(?) might have a good idea on this series too.

All in all, it's such a weird anime that you would have to finish it because it's so interesting. If you like odd humor and can understand queer things, then this is a good anime to watch.

Me, personally, I found the anime's storyline hard to understand, so it didn't really catch my interest. I still do want to finish it whenever I can though. :)

Rei
Nov 16th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Furi Kuri is terribly funny, and as all Gainax anime series, it has something surreal and unusual. I've heard that some people bought it because they actually thought it was mecha animation. Well, it is not. As meryl said, it's more focused on parodies of the stereotypes of other anime series. There are also parodies of Gainax series as well. You have to like this kind of humor or you won't like at all. I've seen few series that are so weird, crazy and ironic as Furi Kuri. I could name a couple of them, like for example Kare Kano (which is also from Gainax) and Kodomo no Omocha, which IMO is for younger audience. As for the style and the quality of Furi Kuri, it's similar to EVA.

Pu the Owl
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Well said, both meryl and Rei. I can only add to their posts my personal opinion: Furi Kuri is incredibly funny, Haruka is one of the craziest anime characters ever, and above all this show is pure nonsense: you'll love it XD