PDA

View Full Version : "Death Row"

Redpyramidhead
Nov 15th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Could somebody provide some strategies fot the mission entitled "death row"? It keeps cutting me off in the middle of the mission after firing my guns away at Diaz's men for a while and saying "You were supposed to keep LANCE alive!!" Well thats great and everything but I don't even know where he is so how am I supposed to protect him? Thanks ahead for the help.

_RED_ stuff

dan da man
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:21 AM
i did it with the uzi 9mm i got there kiked ass using the auto aim get to lance then get in trashmaster and speed to the hospital easy, a couple of tries to suceed but its not amazinly hard

mark0™
Nov 16th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Lance is being kept hostage in the junk yard in the other islande, hes indicated by a yellow blip. a good idea befor starting the mission is goint to the ammunation near the hyman stadium and buying a python handgun and a sniper rifle if they have one, and making sure your armour and health is topped, get a fast car, go to the malibu to begin the mission then race over in your fast car to thejunk yard, once your on the street that goes into the junkyard try to kill the guard next to the car barricade with your sniper, then run in, poppin each bad guy with your python. There is an element of speed needed, indicated by a guage on the screen titled lances health, you should b able to realise that when that goes to zero, lance will die, so dont daddle around. Oce you get lance freed, grab the sentinal parked next to the building lance was in, drive out and watch out for diazs men who try to ram you, there are around 5 of them at least. With some nimble dodging, youll get out of the area without blowing up then simply drive to the hospital to complete it, and then your off to kill diaz!

Pearl Jam
Nov 16th, 2002, 05:17 PM
think mine's a bit easier than mark's but here goes..

took me one go

First park your car half way down the road get out, and snipe the three guys by the blockade. Get in the car, drive through the car and get out with a long auto aiming machine gun. There's a building kinda thing to the right of you stand there and just smoke them as they come, and snip the ones in the distance as they come. Now take out the sniper rifle and make sure you get the guy up on the tractor in the distance, MAKE SURE YOU DO. then run it to lance shoot the three guys near him with ur long auto aiming machine gun and walk up to lance. You should have plenty of time left. As for the chase, make sure not to blow up the Trash Master thing. Use that when u make your getaway with lance, it'll be harder for those guys to blow up, and beleive me u'll need it. Follow the pink dot and you're sorted. Next mission is killing diaz and getting his mansion

Andi
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:47 AM
i also did it in the 1st go

heres how ! land on the roof of the Bunker with Lance in! And get your rocket launcher out ! Kill every muther fuker !:laugh: lol
But do NOT hit the bunker were lance is ! or MISSION FAILED :ghost: :ghost:
once you get in the bunker get your Colt out & hold In the circle button & keep tapping R1 to lock on to every one! till you drop the lot of em ! :ghost:

spiderman
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:57 PM
I haven't gotten this far in the game yet. Is there a time limit on this mission?

hairy b c
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:39 AM
u only have until lance's healthg bar runs down.
I did it first go, stopped halfway down the roan to the junkyard, blew up the car at the entrance with rocket launcher (this kills about 4 guards around the car too. drive in and jump out next to the sentinal and use the automatic shot gunj to blow everyone away!! then go into the bunker shoot the 3 guys in there and just drive out in the sentinal. easy!

sk8er_kyle
Nov 20th, 2002, 11:08 PM
I flew into the junk yard in a helicopter. Then took out the guys close to the bunker with an uzi. Then I ran to lance killed the rest of the guys. Got in my helicopter an flew the hell out of there.I didnt need to worry about the guys in the cars because they couldnt get me.:ghost:

Gadzoox
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Where did you get the helicopter from?!?!? :shock:

BLARG!! I've tried this mission about a thousand times and I can't do it! GRRR. :frust:

sk8er_kyle
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

I think I got the Helicopter from the apartment building you can buy in the downtown area. Its near the stadium. There is usually a Helicopter on the roof. I just took it then did the mission.

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

BLARG!! I've tried this mission about a thousand times and I can't do it! GRRR. :frust:

there's a free police heli on top of downtown police station, look on the map you got with the game and you will find it easy.

The mission is hard for some people, I recommend using a UZI 9mm (purchased from north point mall) just keep taping R1 locking onto every a$$hole until you kill them all.

also on gamespot.com they have some walkthroughs.

Gadzoox
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Hmm... got a /little/ farther than before, thanks Dan!
I think I'm just going to take a little break from that mission and go back to it in a couple of days. That usually helps. :/

Thanks for all the tips though guys! :happy: