PDA

View Full Version : Oscars

Hylas
Feb 13th, 2002, 03:29 PM
In your opinion, who would win the prize?
I hope Lord of the Rings will gain lots of prizes, because that movie is ASTONISHING!

But I've heard a Fantasy movie has never gained in the whole history of movies. Frankly i don't know why...maybe they think fantasy movies are only a childish genre?
It seems that A Beautiful Mind ( I haven't seen this movie yet) is a good one and it will probably win in some important category (ex. best actor for Russel Crowe).

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:19 PM
I think Lord of the Rings is probably the best movie of the season.
Anyway A Beautiful Mind is great movie too, a mature one and Russel Crowe was perfect for the main role.

I think, regarding prizes, Moulin Rouge will gain lots of them, because it's been a success.

IcyMourdor
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:26 PM
I don't watch those award ceremonies.

LotR better get at least one award. That's all I've got to say.

Faile
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see lord of the rings do well because as a movie it is amazing

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:06 PM
I loved Lord of The Rings and think that the movie should get first prize with no competition. But usually it's the real emotional dramatic ones that win and nothing that ever has anything to do with fantasy of adventure. The second the critics see the word action or anything of the genre, they seem to think that it's just another way to amuse the children and simple minded and don't deserve an oscar.

I say that they can go and f*ck themselfs, because Lord of the Rings kicked ass!

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Crap! I haven't seen Lord of the Rings because I was way too busy during that time. I heard great reviews about it, and now, after hearing it from you guys, I'm definitely going to see it when it comes out on DVD.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:18 PM
I can't wait for the movie to come out on dvd. But I'm afraid that since the movie was such a success, it wont come out for a while. Just to keep the audience waiting. I'm thinking that the movie might not be out until after the second and maybe evn third movie has already been shown at the theaters.

When ET left the theaters, the movie was so good, it didn't come out for over ten years or so. And when it came out, it got far more sales thanit would if it came out earlier. So I'm thinking that if they were smart, they woul;d keep lord of the Rings in the vault for a long time so that in about ten or more years, they can release all three of the movies at once and make the greatest movie sale in all of history and for many more to come.

It's all a matter of what will get the most money. Like when you often see those disney movies being told that they wont be available on video anymore so that they can get a whole bunch of fans to buy them before they leave forever. Then they can make a lot of money in a relatively short amount of time. But they end up bringing the movies back out for sale again like four or five years later.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:02 PM
My vote for movie of the year,is to "A beautiful mine"

007_JamesBond
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:42 PM
dont you mean mind

trunks69420
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:48 PM
I say LOTR will win at least 5 awards, seeing that its nominated for 13 awards. That is the 2nd highest amount of nom. next to Titanic.