PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the Damned...

trunks69420
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Has anyone seen stuff for this movie? It looks awesome! I love vampire flicks! The soundtrack is supposed to be great too. What is everyones fav. Vampire movie?

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:29 PM
never heard of it
got any web sites about it?

trunks69420
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Yeah,
http://queenofthedamned.warnerbros.com/
Its a continuation of the movie series "Interview with the Vampire". It is also a book series by Anne Rice.

Hylas
Feb 13th, 2002, 03:23 PM
I must check this, I really liked "Interview with the Vampire", even if it's not the best movie I've watched.
Is the book a good one too?

IcyMourdor
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:28 PM
I'm looking forward to this movie. This looks like it is going to be very good.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:35 PM
I haven't heard about it yet. I hope it's good though.

I've never seen john carpenters Vampires yet, so I'll have to say that my vavorite vampire movie is Blade with Lesely Snipes.

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Hmmm......I think the best vampire flick I've seen is definitely Interview with the Vampire. I'm also looking foward to The Queen of the Damned. It's sad to see the former singer, Aaliyah, though. The best anime vampire I've seen has GOT to be Vampire Hunter D! Has anyone seen the new movie? Vampire Hunter D: Gekijo Koukai? I just saw it yesterday, and it kicks ass! The only complaint that I have of it though is a little of the voice acting and it was too short. The battle at the end could've been a bit longer and tougher too, but I guess that's my opinion.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:59 PM
I haven't seen the original vampire hunter D, and all I have to do is take a five minute walk to Family video and rent it, but it's always sold out. And I hear that the second movie Blood Lust is supposed to be cool too. But it wont be available here for a while. It was at the theater in Milwalkee a month or two ago. But that's too far away. Like a four hour drive. and I don't have a car or a licence. So I'm out of luck.

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Hm, that's strange. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust came out yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's at the rental store by now too. Still, if you get a chance, see the first then the second. The graphics in the new movie is SO cool, but I think the story in the first is much better.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:09 PM
I live in the middle of no where and the chanse of finding a just released anime at any of the movie stores here is next to nothing. We have about ten or so animes here that one could rent, and most of the good ones I already own. So I just got to hope and pray that On-Cue will get the DVD of it so I can buy it then.

merylsilverburg
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:14 PM
I have the same problem too. I live in a really sucky place that barely has any anime, so I just go to Sam Goody in the mall and buy whatever anime I see that looks good. If it sucks, then I sell it. Kinda wasteful, but it's the only way! Right now, I'm into the latest Japanese series, such as Fruits Basket, Gensomaden Saiyuki, Hellsing, so I'm searching Fansub distributors all over the web. I'm not into the ones released out now anymore.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I alwys make sure I know axactly what I'm getting before I get it. I look up the movie or series on the net and read up on it and make sure it's worth my money. the only risk I ever took when it came to purchasing an anime was when I bought Slayers the motion picture on VHS. It was only about twenty bucks, and I thought it was a good buy. It was funny, but not my best purchase ever.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:30 PM
The movie is not for me,i much rather see resident evil or blade 2

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:36 PM
I haven't heard of a new Blade movie. I hope it's not just an idea because i'd really like to see it.

007_JamesBond
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:25 PM
I dont know if I will see it, it is not quite the movie that I would enjoy

Fav vamp. flik? Blade

Cant wait for the second one, and RE2 aswell, those look better, in my opinion.

trunks69420
Feb 14th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Blade2 looks awesome, skipping school for that one! RE looks great too!(another illness day)
My fav. is a tie w/ Blade and IWTV. Has anyone seen the trailers for Star Wars ep.2? What am i saying, everyone has! That is also great looking!

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not, but I heard that NSync (or however you spell their name) is going to be casted in the new Star Wars movie. Wouldn't that be the most annoying thing?

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Oh My God! You had better be joking. I thought that how they butchered episode 1 was bad enough, and episode two doesn't seem to be much better than 1, but if there's going to be any sort of relationship between StartWars and N'Sync I'll be furious.

I hope that wherever you got your info it was wrong. Because that would be the worst move that Lucas boy would ever make in his lifetime!

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Damn. I don't remember where I read it. I think it was in the US Magazine. But, yeah, I agree. Honestly, I'm not a fan of Star Wars. Yeah, everyone's gonna come and hunt me down now, but I'm not. I never saw the original first or the first movie. But, even so, I agree that putting NSync is the most dumbest thing in the world. I mean, what IS IT with NSync?! They already did the Chilli's commercial and now, this? Sorry, Cannibal, but I don't think it's a rumor. :( :mad:

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Well I am sorry to hear that.

And about you never seeing Star Wars. I suggest you do. You have no idea how much anime was inspired by the first three movies. In fact, they even have Star Wars anime, or else manga, one of the two. Maybe even both. Anyway, I suggest you see them. It's worth at least seeing them once.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:40 PM
I know about the Star Wars anime and I think you may be right about the manga, but I'm not sure. I hear from everyone that it's so good, but I'm not really sure if I want to see it. I feel like I'm the only one on the whole planet who has never seen it. I guess I'll give it a try later.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:45 PM
F*ck later. Rent em now! I mean now! Get off your ass and go to the closest video store and see them. You have no excuse not to. You can come back and post tomarow, and tell us all about what you thought of the movies. But don't bother with the new one. It was a failure from the others.

What, you're still here? I told you to go Now! Can't you read? Get off your ass and get to the store! i'm nopt kidding. You must do it. It is your destiny to see it tonight.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Sorry Cannibal, I was replying to your last reply to the thread "Best Place in the World to You....". I can't go to the video store tonight, man. I've got school!! I'll see about tommorow, but I'm a very busy girl who hardly has time to do much of anything. (Except posting. Just kidding. :D )

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:52 PM
You're still gonna stay up late tonight and watch Cowboy Bebop on cartoon Network on the Adult Swim though right?

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Sorry, dude. I already own all the Cowboy Bebop DVDs and I've seen that series a billion times now, so I don't watch Adult Swim. Gomen nasai, Cannibal-san. Besides, I'm into a new shoujo anime, Fruits Basket! :) I'm a girl, what can I say?

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:57 PM
I read up a little on Fruit basket today. It seems kinda neet.

But then on feb 23 on Saturday, watch Yu Yu Hukosho on Cartoon Network late at night. It's supposed to be really cool.

As of Beb 23, there will be 8 hours of toonami or something like that on every saturday at night around 9 I think. Only 4 hours of anime though.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Yeah, about Yu Yu Hasuko (sp), I read about it in Animerica and it doesn't sound all that interesting to me. I heard it's by the same people who did DBZ and.......*lowers voice* i don't like dbz that much. :( :( Sorry to anyone who likes it, but that's not my thing. Have you seen it?

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Actually, It's supposed to be an alternative to DBZ. If you don't like DBZ and want more story and fast pace fighting and depth in characters and love and hate then you should like it. But I haven't seen it yet, but I am anticipating this show. can't wait.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Hmm....sounds pretty good. I'll give it a try, but I still have my doubts. Hey, Cannibal, do you watch shoujo and shounen (wait, duh, of course you watch shounen....sorry)....but yeah, do you watch shoujo anime a lot? If not, Fruits Basket is really shoujo. It has a few fighting scenes, but's it's mostly a cute comedy. I absoutely love this series right now. Have you seen Hellsing?

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:16 PM
I like it all. My favorite Shoujo was Escaflowne. But it was very shonen in parts. But I have to admit, I did find myself enjoying Sailor Moon at times, and I love Bubble Gum Crisis. Even card captors kept me entertained at times.

But I like all of anime. I hate hetai though, but I don't mind anime with a lot of graphic hetai in it.

All and all, I go for the action violent types. And comedies. Photon looks really cool and I want to see it very badly.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Heh, heh.....it's funny because Sailormoon was my very first anime and after watching that, I got completely hooked. I like Cardcaptor Sakura too. I was into that before Fruits Basket came. I hate hentai too. I really like watching anime that has a good story that suits my tastes, not just mindless hentai action and crap. I only seen Escaflowne once and that was on Cartoon Network and it sucked really bad. I have to see the Japanese version because I heard the Cartoon Network didn't do a good job. Boy, were they right. I've never seen Photon but I saw the cover and it didn't seem that interesting to me. Sorry. :(

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Two years ago I hated anime and just about everything about japan and all of it's crap being in America. Then my sisters started watching Sailor moon and thought it was really stupid. then they started to like it. I thought that they should've been shot for watching it. After a while though i started watching it with them just to pass the time, and I kinda enjoyed watching it. But I still hated anime. Then I saw a preveiew on Fox about Escaflowne and thought it was interesting simply because I've been watching that sailor moon crap for too long. Then i saw one episode of Escaflowne and instantly fell in love with anime and that is when i started to really lok for all kinds of anime just because. Now I'm obsessed with it and everything about japan. I want to move there some day and draw anime for a living. What a transormation huh?

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Wow. That is a major change! Sailormoon is the one anime that I think everyone has seen at least once. Now, I'm not so into it. Actually, I feel a bit annoyed that everything Japan is being in America. Not to be rude, but it's kinda annoying to see these Americans taking Japanese languages and using it for their own "lingo". Like wasabi....it was "whassuuppp". GOD! That pissed me off sooo much. But, yeah, I want to move to Japan too and become a mangaka. I draw more manga-like than anime. Do you own a lot of manga?

BowevelJoe
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:34 PM
aye, i got into anime through DB, watching it on Fox way way back in the day lol...

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:44 PM
I guess I'm the only one who didn't get into anime by watching DBZ. I did see one episode and it was all screaming and stuff like, "Goku! Aaahhhh!" and I was like :confused: So, I figured that the series was waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to far for me to figure out anyway, so I gave up. But even so.....DBZ really isn't my style. Again, gomen nasai all DBZ fans! :(

007_JamesBond
Feb 15th, 2002, 12:28 PM
no offence to anyone but this is the wrong thread to be talking about anime and DBZ