PDA

View Full Version : Inside Substance

MADRUCKIS
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:18 PM
*phew-removes guard uniform diguise

Well, just came back from Substance. I pressured an X-Box freind to get it and I just came back from a little gaming and I'm posting my findings from the other side.

The VR missions are back in full effect-I think theres a enough to choke a camel with-(150 I think).
The game MGS2 is back in full...same controls and smooth graphis all around. You have the choice of starting with anyone during Tanker & Plant missions and yeah, the text and radio conversations are changed accordingly-so they won't call you character the wrong name. Gaurds and cameras are in the same places as the original game -plus a few suprises..not gonna spoil anything.
The new Snake missions I haven't played yet-I'll make another pass into enemy territory tommorow and give ya the info on this. It's what I look to foward the most when I get Substance

This game is gonna be great on the PS2-a must have for anyone who cares............trust me. I'll report tommorow

merylsilverburg
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:35 PM
According to Harry in the Other Consoles, he said the game was...not terrible, but not great either. He said there were slow-downs that were very noticeable. But, he said the extras made it worth it. So, now...I'm kinda pondering on what to do. I'm planning on renting it, after reading Harry's review, but now reading yours....:roll: Maybe I'll wait for the PS2 version...it might end up to be a lot better.

MakgSnake
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:59 PM
I dont have an Xbox, so I am going to get the Ps2 version for sure, I hope they put some MORE extra stuff, something like voice overs then TEXT. I dont know.......... and it'll be better on Ps2 in my opinion.

But thanks for all that info Mad, from the extras it sounds great.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
*phew-removes guard uniform diguise

Well, just came back from Substance. I pressured an X-Box freind to get it and I just came back from a little gaming and I'm posting my findings from the other side.

The VR missions are back in full effect-I think theres a enough to choke a camel with-(150 I think).
The game MGS2 is back in full...same controls and smooth graphis all around. You have the choice of starting with anyone during Tanker & Plant missions and yeah, the text and radio conversations are changed accordingly-so they won't call you character the wrong name. Gaurds and cameras are in the same places as the original game -plus a few suprises..not gonna spoil anything.
The new Snake missions I haven't played yet-I'll make another pass into enemy territory tommorow and give ya the info on this. It's what I look to foward the most when I get Substance

This game is gonna be great on the PS2-a must have for anyone who cares............trust me. I'll report tommorow

You can play as anyone during the tanker and plant missions?I have substance for xbox adn i can't play with raiden during the tanker or snake during the plant, or is this in the alternate missions mode.

Vic Viper
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I dont have an Xbox, so I am going to get the Ps2 version for sure, I hope they put some MORE extra stuff, something like voice overs then TEXT. I dont know.......... and it'll be better on Ps2 in my opinion.

But thanks for all that info Mad, from the extras it sounds great.

yes, some more extra stuff would be nice :)

btw, have you guys seen the commercial for the xbox version, thought it was pretty amusing:laugh:....

whats up with the "only on xbox" at the end of the commercial.:disgust:

MADRUCKIS
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:03 AM
I dunno what to go to cause its not my game but yeah its possible.

Whats also possible is to switch people in for movie sequences........so instead of Snake leapin over the bridge you can have Ocelot or Fortune do it instead

Also you can play only boss battles to challange the DEAD CELL scum.

Vic Viper
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
I dunno what to go to cause its not my game but yeah its possible.

Whats also possible is to switch people in for movie sequences........so instead of Snake leapin over the bridge you can have Ocelot or Fortune do it instead

Also you can play only boss battles to challange the DEAD CELL scum.

cool:)

MakgSnake
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by king_freak
btw, have you guys seen the commercial for the xbox version, thought it was pretty amusing:laugh:....
Yeah we did see (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3838) it. :D

As for ONLY FOR XBOX. Its time exclusive things.....blah, I dont care much about that anymore.

But I hate the TEXT ONLY stuff for Snake tales. That thing is just horrible!!!

MADRUCKIS
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Yeah

It is horrible Makg, just played it. They have like 12 pages of stuff to read before you play-cripes-

To update what I said bout the movie casting.......so yeah you can change the characters for those scenes but its a bit funnier
See lets take the whole introduction of Ocelot stealing the first Ray. I replaced Ocelot with and old woman, replaced the Marine Colonel with Snake, and replaced Snake with a business man. I laighed my buttox off.
For the opening sequence witht he soldiers taking over the ship by coming down via chopper....I replaced Snake with Fortune and ALL the enemy soldiers in the movie were Raidens!!!!!!:roll:

Theres time attack modes-where you have to
hold up a certain amount of people
kill a certain amount of people
defuse bombs
run through each of the bosses

whoa-and let me tell ya-the slow down............grrrrrrrr.........compared to the Ps2 version makes it almost unplayable.

Oh yeah, some extra stuff is some extended scenes during movies, like a better speech by Solidus on top of the Liberty building in the end

dan da man
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:44 PM
hey madruckis what characters can u play in plant mode can u list them for me plz

mark0™
Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:06 PM
you could recast the movies in sons of liberty! at least with the UK PAL version. I didnt think it was so good though, i like time attack agains the bosses though.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 25th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Ok i got substance Madruckis.But the thing i dont get is you talk of all these modes.I have none of them at the moment, so my question to you is "how in the hell do I unlock them."

MakgSnake
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Hey SSSnake, what up. I am not answering your question as I dont have Substance, but just letting you know, Madruckis has gone for awhile, I think he is busy with his book getting publish soon. So it'll take some time for him to answer. Just letting you know. :)

mark0™
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Just got subsatnce on Xbox, terribly slow, you would not believe it, its like half the speed of the ps2 version :mad: Aint played much main story wise, but was playing the VR training, its great, training in weapons (including unarmed) sneaking and something else I think. Also theres alternate missions e.g bomb diffusal (looks like the fatman fight) and one you have to kill as many guards as possible. I'll post more as I play it..

Plug 4
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:37 PM
^^slow?? what do u mean by slow? how can it be slow?? it's on the x-box..more powerful...wierd

mark0™
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:37 AM
its just, slow! the character i mean, you move like half the speed than you did in MGS1. :frust:

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:31 AM
i thought u meant mgs2 character??

MADRUCKIS
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Dan da Man

hey madruckis what characters can u play in plant mode can u list them for me plz

I dont really know cause its my freinds xbox and game, I'm box impaired but

In order to unlock somethings like the theater you need to beat the game once I beleive.