PDA

View Full Version : Keep your friends close

Sleazy P Martini
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:34 AM
What strategy did you use on this mission? I got wasted a couple of times and was getting frustrated. I didn't want to use cheats (cause thats for wussies :D ) so I tried this:

When you chase Lance up the stairs, don't go up to the helipad. Instead run downstairs and out to the backyard. Jump in the Sea Sparrow and fly on up to where Lance is and lace everyone with the Sparrow's machine gun. Then go back to your safe and wait for the mafia. After they show up, run like mad back downstairs and exit out the back. Go around front and blow up the limos (and any mafia guys) with your rocket launcher. (grab fresh armor too) Then run up to the front door and shell the crap out of Sonny.

MADRUCKIS
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Did it kinda easier........

To your left is a small bump in the wall of Tommy's office. I stood there to avoid fire. The mafia guys half to walk all the way around to shoot you so your good with cover fire. While going for the bastard Lance......pop your head out and run to the opposite balcony of Lance to your left when you exit the office. Give him a Rocket Sandwich to avoid him form leaving.
*note-this sometimes may not work....I don't understand it but the first time I tried it.....Lance never made it to the roof and th 2nd time.......he got up and ran anyways.......:peoples:

Go back to the safe and use that wall for cover for awhile. Then when its time for Sonny..walk to the the steps and release either a gernade or smoke bomb-the one you find at the cops precinct at Ocean Beach
This should take care of the bodygaurds while you pop Sonny a good one

And hey Sleazy-thats a pretty crazy technique and approach to the mission. Guess we all have our styles

dan da man
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:27 PM
what mission do u get the rocket luancher or how do u get it?

MADRUCKIS
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:15 PM
It's in a house.
Head towards the Airport, and before you make you right going towards the entrance-there's a hotel on your left for "hoes" it's pink I think.....
Theres a pool in the back when you drive though it's driveway......the rocket launcher is there. In the farther part you'll find a rampage also

MakgSnake
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Keep you friends close, and your enimies closer. Right?

beltway_sniper
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:08 PM
damn it, I never thought about doing any of that stuff.. with rocket launchers and sea sparrows and what not. I just loaded up a with a python and an M60.. and did it the hard way, it only took like 15 tries.. but I kicked their ass pretty hard....:disturb:

MADRUCKIS
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Posted by Makgsnake
Keep you friends close, and your enimies closer. Right?

Yup, we should all learn a great lesson from this.......

Oh and Makg, off topic-but I sneaked a play of Substance, I'll post my findings in the MG forum.

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I didn't want to use cheats (cause thats for wussies :D )

:peoples: I resent that :P Im proud of being considered a "Total Liar" or "Cheater" in the game serves sonny and lance right backstabin SOBS wanna mess with Tommy Vercetti,I'll shove a rocket up their asses :laugh:

Beretta55
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:23 AM
well i just hid behind my desk and wasted people with a shotgun:laugh: but i went with break right thur with a blind rage kinda deal *bj referance*:laugh: it was stupid but im stubbroon until i beat it takeing my sniper rifle out and sending lance to hell!!:laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by twiztidfreak69er

:peoples: I resent that :P Im proud of being considered a "Total Liar" or "Cheater" in the game serves sonny and lance right backstabin SOBS wanna mess with Tommy Vercetti,I'll shove a rocket up their asses :laugh:
Whatever. If you used codes like: armor or health or weapons, then you didn't truly beat the mission.

dan da man
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:56 PM
hey sleazy do u know if there is a jetski u can ride on or anyone else

Sleazy P Martini
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Sorry, there's no jetskis

jdkgts
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:05 PM
I just put somethign up like this on ps2s. I just can't handle this place without quick reply heh. Anyways, I still need to get this game sleaz.

dan da man
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:10 PM
no jet skis!!! that suckkssss

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Sleazy,lol I was just kidding I have beat the game without the cheats aswell lol

Andi
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:35 AM
^
^
^
Who the hell you trying to fool ?
Were not all as slow as you !:laugh:

dan da man
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:53 AM
this is going to be the gta im going to complete with out cheats:phew:

pedpid2
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:11 PM
I just finished this mission last night. all I use is my shotty. woohoo

dan da man
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:14 PM
when do u get to do the missions "cap the collectors" and "keep your friends close" ?????

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 14th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Andi
^
^
^
Who the hell you trying to fool ?
Were not all as slow as you !:laugh:

:peoples:I'm not a wanker.....:laugh: J/k I didnt even know I was slow.....and what do you mean "were all not as slow as I am?"so your saying most of us are slow? lol good as long as its not just me:roll::laugh:

Matrix
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:09 PM
the mission ''keep your freinds close'' is the last mission

dan da man
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:12 PM
yea i know that matrix but when do i get to do that mission i know its the last:frust:

dan da man
Nov 19th, 2002, 11:07 AM
i did this mssion last night it took four tries but i did it sleazys way but killing sonny a bit diffrent thx 4 advice with the sea sparrow and all that

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 19th, 2002, 08:35 PM
:roll: BTW Just Joshing I never really finished it yet either way cheating or not the percentage im on is 62% lmao:laugh:

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 20th, 2002, 07:51 PM
All right...

Anyway I just ran up to the door on the right and ran down the staircase and walked out the side door. Sonny was just sitting there pointing his gun up at the stairs...I just simply walked up to him and blew his face off...

Infernal Mass
Nov 20th, 2002, 07:59 PM
I chased lance up the stairs and to the roof, he got a few shots in during the chase. Once on the roof enterance i ran past the barrels and directly to the heipad. Then i took out some remote grenades and tossed them over the ledge. I then killed the survivors and ran to the safe.

After Sonny stopped talking i ran directly down the stairs for the den area on the left. There are columns there that obscure his view so he can't get any shots in with the ruger. I then took out the spaz shotgun and ..well he didn't last very long. :phew:

furry_spatula
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:20 PM
When I saw Sonny, I said to him, I said "Now.. N.. N.N...Now Sonny, this is m..my house, y..yy..you should leave" and he says back to me "No! I want back my money and my dope, PRICK!" and I says.. well.. ok, thats all good and fair and.. and everything.. but.. what have you to say to ..t.t..to this? And Sonny turned around, and Mitch and Umberto and 2 million of their gang comrades surrounded the building, and they were all armed with M4's and Spas-12's and PSG1's and MP5's... and.. Sonny stained my carpet. Then I said.. I said.. I said to him "I think this is the way out mhm" and I pointed to the door.. and and then.. he got in his limo, and drove away. But I syphoned out all his gasoline, so he only made it a few yards, then the limo stopped. And the VCPD arrested him... for... parking a car in the middle of the road?

The end

furry_spatula
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:22 PM
it happened! honest! I have pictures of the pee stains Sonny made on my carpet!

mark0™
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:59 PM
i got it second try, all u need is a python and a good vantage point.

Matrix
Nov 23rd, 2002, 12:00 AM
mark0 is absoulutly right except for the fact when sonny comes in just use a couple rockets.

dan da man
Nov 23rd, 2002, 06:57 AM
i killed sonny from the out side i was at the bottom of the stairs on the mansion u could still see him in the mansion he could not shoot me because i was on a slant got my psg1 out and rapid fired him in the head it took about ten shot belive it or not
btw why would sonny have a ruger?:laugh:

furry_spatula
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:35 AM
I dont understand what takes Sonny so much to get killed. He's just another person too. Just because he's the lord of the mafia doesnt mean he can take 15+ shots to the head with a 7.62x51mm sniper round. :mad: stupid I tell ya!