PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to Blitz?

MADRUCKIS
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Hmpff:
Seems like decades ago since I posted my MGS2 story on FOXHOUND & Dead Cell. Since I lost that thread (sob) I ran out of itresting things to post here. But then I realized I already created something thats worth sharing.
I work with children 12-14 yrs old, and I created a real life Blitzball game. They love it. Even me and my friends play this twice a week. It's a combination of Football, Soccer, Hockey, and Rugby.
It's kinda hard to put into words, but I'll try.........
(If you know what blitzball is, you'll understand more)

5 on 5
1 team consists of a
Left Foward
Right Foward
Midfielder
Leftfielder
Rightfielder
Goalie

Now picture a basketball court. The positions are played like so:
Midfielder-plays on the half court line in the center
using that as a model, one team on field should look like this:

X I X
I
X X
I
X I X

I'll be around to finish the explanation....

DragonSphere
Feb 13th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Hey that's pretty cool. Although I'm still kind of confused. :rolleyes:

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:22 PM
So am I. A bit more info please. So far though, it sounds pretty interesting.

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:46 PM
I'd like to know some more too...I didn't really understand... :(

MADRUCKIS
Feb 14th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Oops...sorry everyone...I didn't realize my diagram was shifted slightly so it looks kinda weird.

Two teams on field looks like this:

LF LF

G MF MF G

RF RF

*check back to see the meanings of my abbreviations
Defense
The goalie protects a goal which is outlined in black tape against the wall behind him. The scoring goal is a square with a diamond inside of it. It looks like
-------
[ ^ ]
[ v ].
-------
kinda hard to picture but the diamond touches the inner part of the square with it's four points. Hitting any part within the Square
gets you a point. But to make it intresting, hitting within the diamond gets you 2.....trust me with the goalie standing there its nearly impossible....but you can catch the goalie when he's not looking.
You see, around the goalie is a semi circle, like a three point line surrounding him. I call it the "Luca". Whenever his team is on offense, the goalie must step beyond the Luca-away from the goal. He/she must wait there until the ball comes back to their side of the court. Not stepping out gives your team a foul, or like I call it, a "Besaid". *I'll explain Besaiding later....You'll be surprised how many goalies have been caught sleeping and having to jump in the way of the ball in order to block a clear shot at the diamond.
Defensely, the other teamates play zone defense where I mrked them before....got all this.lol

:confused:

Wait 'till I tell you Offense!

MADRUCKIS
Feb 14th, 2002, 01:58 AM
great
my first diamgram didn't come out either...gimme a sec and I'll put it on gif.
Sorry yall

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:33 PM
mmmkay...?

Soul Angel
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:49 PM
This sounds interesting MADRUCKIS
Maybe a little confusing but I haven't played Blitzball let so that's probably why? :rolleyes:

DragonSphere
Feb 15th, 2002, 02:09 AM
I sort of understand it now, pretty clever. But I still have to wait on how Offense plays. :)

MADRUCKIS
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:48 PM
Alright
Offense
I tweeked this a bit cause the whole playing under water is impossible.

Of course offense and a good defense wins blitzball, but I left offense open to a lot of creativity to the team which I'll share later.

The RF LF & MF all get into the offensive strike while the other three , including the goalie move up a bit to cover ground (the goalie moves foward to avoid Besaiding). When you get the ball you can run like in football and you can't pass the ball foward, only backward if you want....like a laterall pass in football. The defense will attack the ball holder and try to tag the player with two hands, like two hand touch. If tagged, that person must pass without taking another step while being covered by the defense. They are allowed to pass foward.
In other words, it's like football without all the stopping-the action never stops and theres no downs. The only way the ball goes the other way is if the ball is blocked, dropped or intercepted.
If the throw is successful, that player can run for as long as their tagged or if they go to score.
If they drop the ball the ball stays on the floor and the defense picks up the ball and becomes the offense.
*this gets hella hectic and people are constantly moving. Begginners always get a workout.....ALWAYS!

Scoring
Like I said the goalie stands in front of the square with the triangle-the goal. The luca line is surrounding him. Lets say, for some odd instance, theres only a RF trying to score on a goalie.
The RF must not pass the luca to score. They have to drop the ball and kick it in, like soccer. Steppin over the luca-besaids the player and doesn't count if they scored.
What gets intresting is that if the ball hits the plain wall and bounces back, another teammate is allowed to punch the ball back towards the goal. This is where creativity sets in...you can kick to your teammate, pass off the wall for a punched shot, or go full blown to the goalie, it's organized chaos.

Ready for the tricks?

DragonSphere
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Definitely :)
How long did it take you to think this all up?

MADRUCKIS
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:16 PM
I'm back from another blitzball game and damn am I hurtin...........GEEZE!

It took me about a week but I had to add things while I play.....things look good on paper but you know, have to work things out physically

Todays game was one cause the other team besaid.

Besaiding
When a player fouls another player or the goalie is not on the right side of the Luca, a team besaids. Three besaids and the team gets a jecht shot, or a foul shot towards the goalie and possession of the ball. Todays game someone got fouled on teh oppossing team, and they got a jecht shot and the goalie couldn't get at it. Sucks. Our 1st loss!

Halves
The game is played in 2-7 minute quaters with a halftime 5 minutes long. So in that light, a team can lose, win, or tie. We went a long time before someone one a clear game.lol

Skillz
I am my teams BLITZ ACE. Meaning, I am the leading scorer as my teams Right Fielder. The blitz ace title is a big thing and you can get it if your stats-like passing, shooting, blocking-are great during a game. I wear a shirt with the name Tidus on the back course cause people say I look like the guy, I don't see it though.

We've come up with some pretty nasty moves when it comes to scoring and positioning.
*We have All-Out-Blitz defense which even moves the goalie to half court to play defense.......a human wall.
*We also do things like hit the ball off the wall on purpose to have the goalie go for it,and have it come back to your teammate who punches it into the goal.
*People have their own way of shooting. My move is a bicycle shot, like soccer, which I flip over to shoot. I also slide on the floor as a delayed pass which over shoots the ball for a set-up. I say my friend shoots like a Ronso cause he kicks with a force that no goalie wants to stop.

I guess thats all. Wish I could teach everyone in person, you want a work out, I promise one in less than a half an hour!
Any questions, I'll help picture it!

DragonSphere
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:13 PM
Ya, I wish I could try it, sounds really fun. :(

Do you plan to incorporate more passing/shooting techniques that reflect some of the moves in the video game?

MADRUCKIS
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Yep
Already got some

Some people have been asking to encorporate sleep passes and shots where the receiver is sent out of the game for 30 seconds. Kinda hard to regulate, but it makes it intresting when the goalie is knocked out. I'm trying out different things to get it right withpout making it unfair!

Any suggestions? I actually put this game in Fan Fiction cause I wanted to share it and also cause I want peoples input. Anyone can think of anything that would make it intresting.