PDA

View Full Version : Who's looking forward to Valentine's Day?

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 06:37 PM
I know, it's a boring thread, but hey! Someone here's GOTTA be annoyed by this day! I know I am. I understand it's romantic and all that stuff but, personally, I think some people take it too far. Three years ago, on Valentine's Day, there was this couple that came in to the restaurant where I worked. Ugh. It was so disgustiing! They were all OVER each other! In public! I was thinking, why don't they just skip the food and GO HOME?! Get a room, for God's sake! I lost my appetite after seeing that.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:16 PM
It kind of saddens me because I see everyone with their boyfriends and girlfriends and reminds me of my old girlfriend that had to move :(

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry, Mercury_Shadow. :( I've never been in a relationship (that's not the reason why I don't like Valentine's) but I understand your feelings though. I didn't mean to post this thread to make people feel sad. I just don't like Valentine's probably because of the couples who have someone, they like to rub it in our faces when the rest of us are all single! But, don't worry, Merc....someone might come along for you! Just wait and see! :)

IcyMourdor
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Valentine's Day brings back a lot of memories. Heartache, self-pity, loney nights. I have experienced it all.

It's all right. This day isn't a problem. Too many women use it as an excuse to get their boyfriends and husbands to blow all their extra cash on them.

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Ha, ha....that's very true! :D I know some girls who do that. Annoys the hell out of me! It's like.....get the item yourself! ;) Aahhh! Now I feel really bad for posting a thread like this! Gomen nasai, minna-san! You guys can kill me off now.

kamari-ice
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:36 PM
I am annoyed because I don't have nobody here in my state. {to be a valentine}.And sometimes you buy something for someone, and they say they got you something, but then they get down and say they forgot it and bring it the next day,but they ask for their stuff and never bring what they bought you.This didn't happen to me.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the positive input meryl :) It just isnt too promising in a world full of preppie guys. I'm a metalhead/gamer.. not too popular around the ladies! But, atleast I'm happy with what I do in life :)

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Yup, yup. I know what you mean! Though I never experienced that either, I had a friend who had a friend who had that same situation happen to her. Was that confusing? I hope not! But, yeah....Valentine's Day suck. Personally, I don't mind being single. I really hate listening to chicks who whine about this day when they have no one, then when they've got someone, it's like, "Omigod! This day is THE BEST!" Whatever.

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Thanks for the positive input meryl :) It just isnt too promising in a world full of preppie guys. I'm a metalhead/gamer.. not too popular around the ladies! But, atleast I'm happy with what I do in life :)

No problem, Merc! I'm just sorry that I said that before! I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem finding anyone! Maybe you should find someone who is not afraid of spiders, so they'll get it for you! I know I am! :D

kamari-ice
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:45 PM
I am not a prep or a hard metal guy.Just in the center probably, you get something and then you shut up.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:47 PM
hehehe, it's funny you mention that meryl! My girlfriend that I talked about who moved to North Carolina, she always killed spiders for me! It was like a match made in heaven! haha

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by kamari-ice
I am not a prep or a hard metal guy.Just in the center probably, you get something and then you shut up.

I'm actually a weird girl. I dress like a guy but I also like pretty things. So, I guess I would say I'm in the middle too. Definitely do not like preps, but not so into the gothic thing. Creepy.

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:52 PM
hehehe, it's funny you mention that meryl! My girlfriend that I talked about who moved to North Carolina, she always killed spiders for me! It was like a match made in heaven! haha

Ha, ha! That's funny! :D Well, it was a good thing you met her! As for me.....I'm probably going to be single all my life, so I guess I'll have to tough it out and close my eyes and WHAP! :D :D

Mercury Shadow
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Ahhh Meryl, you shouldn't have a bad outlook on life! If I lived in your town, I'd definitely want to hang out with you! Sometimes... I guess people's towns suck.

When you say you dress like a guy, how so?

jenova_jeb
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:56 PM
I'm more in the punk genre. I love punk clothes, punk music, and skateboarding. :D

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm hating the thought of VD. I think it's great seeing everyone so happy, and I'll be going to some parties and stuff, so it's all good :) .

Mercury Shadow
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:58 PM
I love skateboarding, only problem is I can't skate. My favorite skater is Rodney Mullen. Who's your favorite skater, jenova_jeb?

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Ahhh Meryl, you shouldn't have a bad outlook on life! If I lived in your town, I'd definitely want to hang out with you! Sometimes... I guess people's towns suck.

When you say you dress like a guy, how so?

Thanks Merc! That's really sweet! :) The clothes I wear basically consist of men's cargo pants, men's t-shirts, sweaters, etc. But when I go out of town, I like to wear girl's clothes. That's probably strange, but my sister says that I look okay in guy's and girl's clothing, so I'm cool with it!

Mercury Shadow
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:04 PM
It's cool to wear guys' clothes, you should always be yourself, and thats what you're doing. I'm goin to bed, talk to ya later fellow aracnaphob :)

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:04 PM
I love skateboarding, only problem is I can't skate. My favorite skater is Rodney Mullen. Who's your favorite skater, jenova_jeb?

How cool! I like skateboarding too, except, just like Mercury_Shadow, I can't skate!! I wanna learn but it seems like the boards are all too big on me! I have a pretty small frame and the boards look like surfboards against me! I guess I'll have to try a kid's!

jenova_jeb
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:43 PM
You're kidding me!? He's my favorite skater too. I love all of the insane flat land tricks he can do. He's insane! Very awesome. I can skate alright. I can't do any AWESOME tricks, but I can ollie pretty high, do heelflips, and ALMOST a varial kickflip. I'm pretty good at grinds too :D .

Reid
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Hey Jenova_Jeb . . . I got a board a little while ago but since I have no one to teach me it's mostly only used when me and my friends are bored and on a substance . . . so (there is a point here) . . .
could you give me some pointers about basics?

DragonSphere
Feb 13th, 2002, 12:38 AM
VD has never bothered me so much. And the best thing is that I'm single....which means no spending money on gifts! :D

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 01:52 AM
i bought a skateboard after playing thps2. i do practice a bit but i can do any tricks i can only just olie but i can skateboard normaly very well oh and manuals r fun

back to valentines day my sis said ure ment to get one for ure mum i think thats a bit sick really, any know?

Mercury Shadow
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:28 AM
That's awesome Jenova_jeb, I like this other skater from France, don't know if you've heard of him but his first name is Bastien.

Have you seen any of the CKY videos?

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by DragonSphere
VD has never bothered me so much.

LOL thats good. Hooray for penicillin! :D
You kids who missed the 70's probably won't get that.

007_JamesBond
Feb 13th, 2002, 12:11 PM
I Hate Valentines day, to me it is the worst holiday. I never had a significant other on that fateful day, but still I hate it.

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 12:13 PM
my favourite skater is rune glifberg hes well cool

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:33 PM
So I guess I'm the only one who's looking forward to Valentine's Day. To me is an important day, because I don't have many other occasions to stay with my boyfriend. He lives in another city and he's coming tomorrow.
So I'm happy to spend this day with him.
I don't think I'm stupid. :o

JC Denton
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:50 PM
im not going to get any cards!

oh well

:(

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:52 PM
is it tommorow i'll have to send one to my online texan gf

JC Denton
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:54 PM
i bet peter jackson will have already sent her one:D

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:59 PM
rubbish thats been sorted out
just in case im gonna check her new guest book see who signed it

JC Denton
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:00 PM
gotta be careful of these guys, you never know he could be
le legenda de le super SAIYYYYYYAN!

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:06 PM
its okay only me and 2 other people have signed it and niether of them r peter jackson

JC Denton
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:08 PM
your lucky.

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:10 PM
why im i lucky

JC Denton
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:12 PM
well you never know she might of started to like him then.............you know. But no worries:D

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:15 PM
wot rubbish all lies she only get 1 valentine and thats from me

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Well sorry for interrupting the conversation, but I just now saw this thread and am going to get back on topic.

As for me, I hate valentines day. It's not the fact that its about love or anything like that, it's just that I seem to be the only one I know who doesn't have a girlfriend of whom I can spend my day with.
Everyone else I know seems to have some sort of plans to be with their significant others. Except me!
I'm sure that if I had someone to be with, I'd appreceate Valentines Day a bit more, but as for now, I'm desperate.
All I can do is stay home, by myself, and watch the clock.
As for my friends who don't have girls for their own, at least they got something fun to do to pass the time. I'm stuck here being left to realize how boring the day is going to be.
I'd admit, even I wouldn't mind having a romantic night with one that i love. Being able to look forward to Valentines day, knowing I'll be able to have a good time with someone who matters and not feel embarrased about it, because heck, that's what this holiday is for.

But, oh well, better luck next year.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:29 PM
I also dont enjoy valentines day.All those other people given each other gifts and yet i get nothin,it makes me pity myself.

jenova_jeb
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Reid
Hey Jenova_Jeb . . . I got a board a little while ago but since I have no one to teach me it's mostly only used when me and my friends are bored and on a substance . . . so (there is a point here) . . .
could you give me some pointers about basics?

Sure, just tell me what you need help with, and I'll do my best :cool: .

jenova_jeb
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:34 PM
That's awesome Jenova_jeb, I like this other skater from France, don't know if you've heard of him but his first name is Bastien.

Have you seen any of the CKY videos?

I don't think I've ever heard about him. I may do some research later though... uumm, sorry, but what does CKY stand for? :confused:

007_JamesBond
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Today is Valentines day and it sucks, people all in love, it is crap.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Hey, today during my third hour at school, a girl who sits in front of me who I think is really hot and I like her a lot, asked for my phone number and said that she likes me a lot! I'm not sure what she means by "like" but I'm glad that she showed some interest to me and hopefully her and I will be a couple soon.

So I guess valentines day isn't so bad after all.

But I forgot to give her my number because we had to go to the Job center and it made me completely forget about it before class ended. Crap!

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Well hey, Cannibal! That's a good thing that happened to you! Kinda sweet how it happened on Valentine's too! Today, I wore black. I've been doing that every Valentine's since the 6th grade. It's quite funny too, because I get all these glances from these "lovey-dovey" couples who are all over each other and I know what they're thinking. They think just because I'm single I have to go against this day. Fine, let them think whatever. I like black anyways! But, yeah, Valentine's sucks for me, but a good thing happened to you! Congrats! :) :)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I don't think I've ever heard about him. I may do some research later though... uumm, sorry, but what does CKY stand for?

jenova- CKY stands for CAMP KILL YOURSELF. You know the show that got banned on mtv, jackass? well, Jackass took some stuff from the CKY video series. Bam Magera of Element skateboards is on there, among other skateboarders. There is some badass skateboarding and funny pranks such as Bam pissing on his friend when he's sleeping... haha, some of you may cringe in disgust, but once you watch it, you'll laugh so hard!

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Ugh, Jackass......I hated that show. Sorry Merc, I saw this one episode where this guy was throwing up milk or something and it was a practical joke on the people standing in line waiting for a show. I saw that and I thought, Ew....grow up! I don't like Bam Magera, I like Rodney Mullen, Bob Burnquist, and of course, Tony Hawk. I like skateboarding but I know VERY little of it.

jenova_jeb
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah, Bam's a loser. He doesn't care about anything but himself.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Uh-huh. When I saw his video in THPS3, I was like, "......What a loser!!!" Doing those retarded stunts and all. It was such a pain to view his video. I dunno why I did....

Mercury Shadow
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:06 PM
ahh oh well..

Have any of you seen the video "Jump Off Building" by Toy Machine? I love the skating and music in that.

jenova_jeb
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Sorry, I don't think I've seen that one either :confused: .

nanjij
Feb 15th, 2002, 02:03 AM
i thought that video with all the stunts was funny but when he actually did tricks he did the same one over and over and over again. the 1 where he goes up a concrete ramp and grinds down on the corner, how crap is that.
i cant remember the name but on thps3 someones video has loads of manuals and stuff. hand stands and cool stuff like that, that was one of the best videos on thps3. i think TonyH comes second with hthat amazing transfer it shows that is wicked, its a bit annoying when he shows them round his house

Mercury Shadow
Feb 15th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Nanjij, that's the best skater in the world! Mr. Rodney Mullen :D

007_JamesBond
Feb 15th, 2002, 12:43 PM
yeah he is pretty good

Cannibal Clown
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:43 PM
I remember back in the day when this thread revolved around the concept of Valentines day and people posted about things that were relevent to the topic.

Those were the good old days. But I guess Valentines Day is over and people must move on. So if we have nothing else to talk about concerning the holiay ideas, then lets just leave this thread alone.

Anyway, did anyone here actually get anything from their significant other. I got some M&M minis, but she's not a girlfriend, only a possible futer one perhaps.