PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of the Harvest Moon series???

Decifer
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Harvest Moon is one of the best games for Nintendo 64, dont get me wrong when you think of the Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland for PS2 (worst game in hm series). Harvest Moon has its own unique gameplay its a must play for ps one (Harvest Moon: Back to Nature). Anyone else like this series. most addicting game i've played.

Noki Noki
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Why, why.. Did Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland have to be so horrible? I ask myself this in my subconscious.. and it bothers me.. OVER.. and OVER.. Cell-Shading isn't a kind aquaintance for HM either, I don't think..

The GameBoy HMs also left a lot to be desired, but the quasi-neo HMs: Harvest Moon 64, Harvest Moon: BtN were the best in my opinion... ^^

I loved BtN's dating sim.. Why'd they take that out of StH?
I don't get it.. They improved the look of the game (or so they thought..) so you could grow VEGETABLES?..

Which brings me to think, the character scenerios were barely enough for StH. Most of them were boring/predictable, and planting crops to get money to buy things to make them happy wasn't worthwhile enough. (Getting all 8 endings was pointless anyway - You should get a trophy for sitting through that!)
No events either... and the characters weren't interesting enough to begin with (Except for Dia, she was actually kinda cool..)

Darkness 4 Hire
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Of course we all heard about the Harvest Moon series, but i would never really waste my time and go out and play the game. Because i know i would hate it!

IcyMourdor
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Of course, i got over 1.5 million on the SNES version. The PSX version was a bit worse, but still fun.

Decifer
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:16 AM
i agree that StH was the worst out of the series they didnt put much time into that.. i tryed all the gameboy and snes versions and they only ones that caught my eyes were Btn and the 64 versions (i guess im a graphical type of person).. the next game coming out is Harvest Moon : A Wonderful Life its suppose to be the final game and ultimate game. hopefully its not cell-shaded it would ruin the game.;)

Vicious
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:30 PM
This game looks really boring on any system. I read an article on it in a magazine and it looked like all you do is walk around and talk to people and i heard that the whole point of the game is to get married. Looks like a long and involved game but not a whole lot of action or story. If somebody likes it then it must be an OK game, but im just nit sure about its quality. :peoples: :peoples: :peoples:

Plug 4
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:36 PM
harvest moon for the ps1 is damn dope..so fun...but sometimes it gets a bit boring but overall the game is fun.

Noki Noki
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
"This game looks really boring on any system."

... It's a lot like any Gameboy game.
You pick it up, you have some fun with what little features and graphics are there, you look at the box, call Jack(,etc.) the "cutest little amish chibi you've ever seen" and throw it in your pile of overly played Pokemon/Mario games. But they have more replay value.

You're just about right.. there's not too much satisfaction to these games unless you play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, because of the less-than-cardboard characters/dating system and events. Plus, there were actually SHEEP. The other games are limited to a dog(, cat in rare cases), dopey racing horse, and a bunch of cows. Plowing/"Mining" (Oh, look, I found a meteor in my backyard!)/Gardening weren't highlights, but just the opposite.

I've never found green-thumbing to be fun, but I at least have my own $10 copy of BtN...

fantasytiger
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Harvestmoon was not bad I have read and heard much about it but I have only played it for gameboy but i would love to get it for ps1 and I think save the homeland is for ps2:ghost: