PDA

View Full Version : sir yes sir

JxBxH
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Can anybody help me with this mission?I need to kno how to jack the tank without gettin killed.
thanks,
JBH

merylsilverburg
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Shoot the tires of the very first car (I forget which) from a distance using the Sniper Rifle. Then when the entire line stops moving to replace the tires, run over to the tank and steal it. :)

BlackThornn
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:25 PM
In my experience doing it that way results in an unhealthily close encounter with about two dozen M4's, Meryl. :D

The way that worked best for me was to take a good, strong bike (quicker movement/getaway) like a freeway then set up sniper position behind it.. take the .50 cal you have left from either Diaz's mission or from stealing it from the army base and unload on the first vehicles.. if you're a good enough shot you could take out two before they even know what hit em.

After that haul ass on the bike toward the pay & spray.. get your bike fixed and repainted then come out again, you should see the remaining mobile vehicles driving around.. take them out with either reuger shots or your .50 cal if you have enough ammo.

After that it's a matter of taking out the foot soldiers and the gunner on the tank. Bike driveby's facing foward work best here. An uzi 9mm or a MP5 is pretty much necessary if you want to do it this way. Or you could just jack a sturdy car and run them over. Taking out the gunner's easy if you take cover behind something and snipe him.

Vicious_2003
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:28 PM
Funny, I just strait ran up and hopped in the tank. I drove strait back in reverse taking out the vehicle behind me while shooting the cannon forward taking out whats infront of me. Then it was just a matter of out driving the police back to the garage

JxBxH
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:20 PM
dude you cant just get in the tank cause the doors locked and even if it wassnt theyd tear u out of it b4 ud get away in the slow thing...the only one thats any help is BlackThorn..he knos what hes talkin about..i appreciate it.

merylsilverburg
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by JxBxH
...the only one thats any help is BlackThorn..he knos what hes talkin about..i appreciate it.

I beat this mission on the second try using the strategy that I posted...but hey, just as long as you were able to beat it, that's great. It's just that...you wanted help and some of us tried to help ya out, so if our strategies doesn't work ('cause everyone works differently) there's no need to start getting some kind of an attitude. :disturb:

BlackThornn
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

I beat this mission on the second try using the strategy that I posted...but hey, just as long as you were able to beat it, that's great. It's just that...you wanted help and some of us tried to help ya out, so if our strategies doesn't work ('cause everyone works differently) there's no need to start getting some kind of an attitude. :disturb:

I second that.

Chill out, dude. You came asking questions, you got different answers. Everyone was trying to help.

Btw, Meryl.. you must have some really quick reflexes.. I tried your way on my second game and got my hawaiian shirt wearing self pasted. ^_^

Vicious_2003
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:59 PM
I dont appreciate being called a liar Im telling you the door wasnt locked. I jumped in and drove off.

JxBxH
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:40 PM
ight i see what u mean i apologize im just PO'd cause this mission is on my nerves.i dint call anyone a liar but ive tryed 10 times and the door is always locked and it tels me to find another way in.but i see where yall are comin from..my fault.

merylsilverburg
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BlackThornn

I second that.

Chill out, dude. You came asking questions, you got different answers. Everyone was trying to help.

Thanks for the support. :happy:

Btw, Meryl.. you must have some really quick reflexes.. I tried your way on my second game and got my hawaiian shirt wearing self pasted. ^_^

Quick reflexes? Gee...I don't know about that. :blink: I dunno...I mean....I just busted the tires in the front car, hopped in the tank and made a sharp right into the street and drove off, destroying anything in my way. And, when you park the tank in the garage, all your wanted levels go away since you passed the mission. :P

BlackThornn
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:10 PM
I know, but the first time the door was locked and I was turned into swiss cheese, and the second time (for some reason I'm still to figure out) the door was unlocked but before I could drive off one of the army dudes dragged me out and busted me.

Quick reflexes=quick getaway.

I'm more the sit back and blast everyone then saunter up and steal at will kinda guy, I guess.. same with the bank job, I just blew away all the hostages so I didn't need to worry about them later on. :D

merylsilverburg
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:45 PM
I know, but the first time the door was locked and I was turned into swiss cheese, and the second time (for some reason I'm still to figure out) the door was unlocked but before I could drive off one of the army dudes dragged me out and busted me.

Man, I'm so confused about the locked door thing...I wonder if it's a glitch in certain games? :confused:

I'm more the sit back and blast everyone then saunter up and steal at will kinda guy, I guess.. same with the bank job, I just blew away all the hostages so I didn't need to worry about them later on. :D

I'm the same way too, but only on certain missions. :D That bank heist....hmm....I didn't think about killing the hostages...I just kinda let them be....:right: Wait....so if you killed the hostages in the bank, then did someone still trigger the alarm and the SWAT team came after you? Sorry for the off topic question....^^;;;

BlackThornn
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:06 AM
It happens anyway, part of the game plot. Plus there always seems to be this one security gaurd that spawns but gets stuck at the door. Blast him when I come down the stairs. ^_^

laxman616
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Back on the main subject of this forum, I must say before I did the mission "sir yes sir" I read this forum. Honestly, you guys freeked me out, it sounded impossible. I just got to that mission, and, not being mean, IT WAS EASY!!! All I did was park my car right in front of the convoy, one soldier told them all to hault. I got out took the gunner on the tank out in one shot and ran into the tank. i drove right up to the garage, got in and it was all over. I don't know why this was so hard for everyone, I am not an expert at this game at all. just wanted to put my two cents in.

dan da man
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:08 PM
i know this mission was easy all i did drove behind the convoys and the tannk shot them with a sniper riful they turned round to get me i hoped on my pcj 600 drove to the tank and hoped in easy!!

The_Senator
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Why spend ages pulling out guns and things. All you have to do is drive next to the tank for about two mins and then a guy will shout, "PRIVATE, go get some doghnuts". He will stop the procession and you can easily get in the tank. You will be warned by a troop, he's going to say "Civilian stay away". just ignore him. When you get in the tank floor it.

To gain speed, jus turn that top thing around and shoot backwards.

Andi
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JxBxH
Can anybody help me with this mission?I need to kno how to jack the tank without gettin killed.
thanks,
JBH

I used the helicopter ! Land on the roof Just down the road from them!! When they pass you use the rocket launcher to blow them all to bits ! The tank will survive :laugh: :ghost: then just take it round the block & drop it off!

I love the helicopters ! Fukin ace

The_Senator
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Man, I'm so confused about the locked door thing...I wonder if it's a glitch in certain games?

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. So many people have posted threads saying that they could not get in the first time round. All I did was drive by the side of the tank for two minutes and the d00d said hault. I walked up to the tank, and the soldier was warning me but I just jumpedin and drove off.

Maybe something in the game.

beltway_sniper
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Andi

I used the helicopter ! Land on the roof Just down the road from them!! When they pass you use the rocket launcher to blow them all to bits ! The tank will survive :laugh: :ghost: then just take it round the block & drop it off!

I did the same thing!!! EXACTLY!!! but on the new game I started, I did it the ol' fashioned way with a ruger.. and lots of crouching behind trees (to prevent being turned into roadkill by OL's)

beltway_sniper
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:19 PM
take the .50 cal you have left from either Diaz's mission or from stealing it from the army base and unload on the first vehicles..

...not to pop anyones bubble, but there are no fifty cal anythings in this game? not that I'm aware of yet anyway. You may be confused with an M60? or the PSG-1? ... :confused:

RobHardo
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:26 PM
wait for the caravan to stop for a donut break, they'll all get out and leave the tank for the taking

jmb591
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:01 PM
yep, wait until they stop for donuts and jump right in. you cannot get in while the tank is moving. easiest mission so far, never had to fire a shot.

Redpyramidhead
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Andi

hey......you aren't cheating are you? *raises an eyebrow* :laugh:

_RED_ stuff