PDA

View Full Version : Ocelot's position in MGS games *spoilers*

Hylas
Feb 11th, 2002, 05:29 PM
I repeat once again: I still have to complete MGS2.
But I just wanted to underline a thing about MGS2, and also MGS.

It seems that Ocelot is the one who always betrays his "companions". Everytime he seems to fight only for himself.

In the new MGS at the beginning I thought of Solidus as the main Villain as it happened with Liquid in MGS. But both of them were not able to discover they were not the protagonists of the whole story. I mean, in MGS we know Ocelot knew a lot more than Liquid about him and Solid. He only controlled the situation from a secondary position.

Then in the new MGS game at the beginning Ocelot seems to be an ally of Olga's father, but he kills him. And he seems to be a solitary person, only taking care of his personal purposes.

That's what I thought, even if I still have to play the final part of the game. Both Solidus and Liquid were sort of puppets while Ocelots seems a puppet, but then you discover he always knows what he's doing.

I suppose he's the real villain of MGS series.

Pu the Owl
Feb 13th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Yes, Ocelot's position in MGS games is very peculiar of his character. I don't think there are other character similar to him.
I cannot say he's the REAL villain of the series, because I think the great innovation of these game is the absence of a strong negative character. Every sinlge character, even Solid Snake, has his good and bad points, has some good aspects and some bad aspects. I remember the speech of Psycho Mantis and the one of Vulcan Raven. They were very clear to explain the position of the author: there are not villains or heroes, but everyone in MGS can be both cruel and good at the same time.
That's why Liquid and Solidus are from some points of view villains but from others also victims.

Zelgadis
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:09 PM
hmm i dunno man i take Ocelot as a cowerd who always runs away and stuff but he knows what he doing tho and i think that Ocelot is true villian of mgs now he runs away in mgs1 and he is back again in mgs2 and in mgs2 he runs away again and he will be back again mgs3 u know what im saying

GaseousSnake
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Ocelots role in the MGS series is a very special role.I think he wount die until the end of the series.His role is more important than Solids role(Cuz of the introduction of Raiden) when you come to think of it.He betrays,Deceives,Conives,i mean he does everything a real villan would do but even better .I wount call him the real villan cuz every single xter has a little bad in him/her.But if nominations were to be given he will be top of all others.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Well i know in the next installment of the series he'll play a huge role,maybe even as a good guy

Pu the Owl
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:47 PM
As a good guy? Oh my, I hope not :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:48 PM
You know there could be some wierd twist were the patroits are going to kill ocelot then all of a sudden snake put in a postition where they had to join forces

Pu the Owl
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Being Snake, I'd let Patriots kill Revolver Ocelot :laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Your Evil....,pure evil i tell you

Pu the Owl
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:54 PM
LOL yees!

I'm evil! I'll be the next MGS villain :evil:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Something like that evil character in that Queen of the damned movie i persume

Pu the Owl
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Haven't seen the movie, but I must check if there are any resemblances...

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Ah its just about a vampire chick that rules all vampires

Killuminati
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Once you beat MGS2 Ocelots role will be completely redefined for u..........well not completely but it will be changed. dramatically

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Xiliphore
Once you beat MGS2 Ocelots role will be completely redefined for u..........well not completely but it will be changed. dramatically

Yeah thats definatley true,i didn't expect that the ending would change the way i feel on him