PDA

View Full Version : video problem with movies

limit
Nov 3rd, 2002, 01:26 AM
when playin movies screen goes dark and has lines like a messed up vhs tape would get, then quality goes back to normal after about 20 seconds and then it goes back and forth through the movie..? any ideas?

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 3rd, 2002, 05:10 AM
damnit I was hopeing that was just a prob with the vcr that i had plugged the wires to.Mine does that too!!!I think its the model of the ps2 im gonna check it once more today and if it doesnt work again "cause when i first got it all my dvds worked fine but now its doing the same thing" but if it doesnt im taking it back and getting the newer model btw if your model is The SCPH-3001 which you can find the model on the back of the PS2 I beleive thats the older model which also has probs reading gold bottemed DVD disk,reading barely scrathced disk,some of the newer more better graphic type games,and has sometimes trouble reading the data from a blue bottemed PS2 disk which ive had that poblem once b4 and then tured it of then on then it worked so its probly the older model if it keeps givin you probs try taking it back and get the the model called SCPH-3001R I beleive thats the newest model

limit
Nov 3rd, 2002, 01:42 PM
well damn, i was kinda thinkin it was my tv/vcr doin it so i guess it is... but i've tried it with 5-6 dvds and all do the same thing but i got the ps2 like 3 months ago i just never watched a dvd on it, the model is SCPH-39001, btw i was wonderin if you had tried an rf-switch on your tv?