PDA

View Full Version : Kickin me out again and again.

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:06 PM
Ok, this must be for the Security purposes. But its happening way too often now. All of a sudden the forums kicks me out and asks for my password, to sign in again...............

Well, it happens every now and then, and now its happening after every 5 minutes, which is quite annoying.

I wanted to post a thread about this, and I did, telling that It kicked me out and strangely I forgot my password, I had to click on the password asking for which I had to go to my mail and then it reseted my password. I had to change my password from the numbers given to me to the one I wanted. and when I was done with the thread I Clicked on submit and it happened again (asked me to sign in again), I typed in my new password and it said there is no such forum or something and told me to contact the webmaster.

Well now I am here posting all that again. ......

Why?.... is this happening so often, and what was the "forum doesn't exist" thing...... asking me to tell Webmaster

Rei
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:11 PM
It's probably a problem you're having with your browser. Maybe cookies are not working properly, so the forum asks you to sign in again for this reason.

And the same goes for the "thread doesn't exist" thing: your browser could be having troubles, so the page is not refreshed properly and it redirects you to a thread that no longer exists (for example because someone moved the thread or because someone deleted it).

It has nothing to do with the Forums security. It 100% depends on your browser.

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:12 PM
Ok I believe you. I'll check ma problems then.

Thanks for the help though.

Ruby Moon
Nov 2nd, 2002, 10:29 PM
It happened to me as well, but not only here, in more than an occasion. I've updated the browser and now it's not happening anymore.

jjmoohead
Nov 2nd, 2002, 10:41 PM
The only time that happens to me is if I come to this page after using Hotmail. If you use a hotmail linked page to come here it keeps making you enter a password.