PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Thoughts On Smackdown : Shut Your Mouth!

tommy gunnz
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:43 AM
I'm surprised I don't see one thread about Smackdown : Shut Your Mouth! for ps2 on here. Share any information about the game here. Of course if you don't want to, you don't have to.

jjmoohead
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:47 PM
Well the game comes out very soon and it is the very reason that I am not getting Vice City. The official roster has been released and what i dont understand is that brock lesnar is not on it, yet i see him in the preview pictures?

any ideas?

Vic Viper
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:41 PM
um, brock's in the roster.:roll:

got this from ign.

1. The Rock
2. Stone Cold
3. Triple H
4. The Undertaker
5. Rob Van Dam
6. Kurt Angle
7. Chris Jericho
8. Kane
9. Booker T
10. Chris Benoit
11. Edge
12. Christian
13. Matt Hardy
14. Jeff Hardy
15. Lita
16. Bubba Ray Dudley
17. D-Von Dudley
18. William Regal
19. Lance Storm
20. Diamond Dallas Page
21. Stephanie McMahon
22. Vince McMahon
23. Randy Orton
24. Faarooq
25. Bradshaw
26. Test
27. Big Show
28. Trish Stratus
29. Tajiri
30. Rikishi
31. Ric Flair
32. Stacy Keibler
33. Hollywood Hulk Hogan
34. Kevin Nash
35. The Big Valbowski
36. Chuck
37. Billy
38. Albert
39. Shawn Stasiak
40. Tazz
41. The Hurricane
42. Molly Holly
43. Torrie Wilson
44. Spike Dudley
--------------------> 45. Brock Lesnar <---------------
46. Rhyno
47. Raven
48. Maven
49. X-Pac
50. Jazz
51. Eddie Guerrero
52. Billy Kidman
53. Hardcore Holly
54. Rico
55. Ivory
56. Al Snow
57. Mark Henry
58. Scotty 2 Hotty
59. Shawn Michaels
60. Goldust

jjmoohead
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:52 PM
hmmmm, thats wierd cause the one I have doesn't show his name in that spot. Well its good to know hes in there though. \

Have you heard of a release date. Playstation Magazine said the 5th but i dont see it anywhere in stores.

tommy gunnz
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:49 PM
i cant believe stone cold made the cut

Vic Viper
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead

Have you heard of a release date. Playstation Magazine said the 5th but i dont see it anywhere in stores.

Nov. 12 is the release date.

Vic Viper
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by tommy gunnz
i cant believe stone cold made the cut

:laugh: , yeah, im glad that they decided to keep him in the roster.

Vicious_2003
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:40 PM
Im definately getting it but I am dissapointed deeply that they got rid of the Create-a-ppv mode and the ability to put up titles in exhibition . Those were the two things I wanted most. There was never a question as to weather Brock would be in or not he was included in the original roster that was released. But the only changes in this game from the last are that the storymode is better. Yet its still only a couple years. Also you still cant edit real wrestlers cloths . I just dont get it. They perfect wrestling games with No Mercy and Wrestlemanie 2 and then create such garbage "Wrestlemania X8" and The past "SmackDowns"

jjmoohead
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Agreed the last smackdown although fun to play from time to time had a very poor story line and kind lacked anything interseting with the story mode. Took so long to get anywhere and was really boring.

I fell this one is going to be better though.

jjmoohead
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:28 PM
I thought it was out today but none of the places around here get it until at least friday

Darkness 4 Hire
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:01 PM
I"M SO GOD DAMN pissed i bought this game...I was under the impression that the man Rey Mysterio was in it...and he is no where to be found...so this game blows..end of story!

jjmoohead
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Hahaha, basing the game on one player is not the best way to look at the game. Sure he is not in it, but im sure his move list is and even if not you can still create him.

I bought the game and think its by far the best smackdown ever. I don't want to get to into detail as ill have a review up shortly about the game.

All I can say is I am having a blast with it and am almost done a full year. next is royal rumble.

Anyway man you need to open your mind up a little more and see what the game has to offer. Sure I dont like the fact hes not in it but the game is not any worse cause hes not there.

Vicious_2003
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:38 AM
If I were in the bussinus of accusing people of lying id say he didnt buy the game at all. But instead ill keep my mouth shut on that issue and say this. I bought the game and it is absolutely awesome, assuming your a Pro Wrestling Fan. The roster is, even without ppl like Mysterio, and Cena, incredibly up to date. The absence of Create-a-ppv and title matches in exhibition take away some what, but in the end this is a great game. The Story mode FAAAAAR surpasses that of any wrestling game ever made. Each superstar is jam packed with signature moves and then different versions of those signature moves. You can create wreslers that dont stick out like sore thumbs , you can do moves on/with each different weapon, and well I dont have all day to list why this game is worth buying if your a wrestling fan , but belive me IT IS !.

Beretta55
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:45 AM
i havent played the game i dont expect much out of it but i will rent the game. GI (game informer) gave it a bad review but i will still rent the game anyway.

Vicious_2003
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:16 PM
I belive Gamespot gave it an 8.5 (Great) rating and most places I went had good things to say about the game.

jjmoohead
Nov 17th, 2002, 05:22 PM
I almost have my review done and I can honestly say that if these guys have reviews up already they didnt take a lot of time to play it. I played for 4 days now and alot of hour into it and Im still finding out new things. I want to play it a little more before I finnish the gameplay aspect of the review.

The_Senator
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:01 PM
By far the best wrestling game I've ever laid hands on, great graphics, excellent gameplay, best storyline EVER, what more is there to say??

This game rules!!

Don't bother saying it doesn't cause it's the best one on the market/available thus making it the best EVER!!