PDA

View Full Version : Age of Mythology

Daedaelus
Oct 30th, 2002, 10:23 PM
YAY! The AOM demo is out! So, are you guys going to get this game? I really have high expectations, since it's from the same guys who made Age of Empires. I was playing a few minutes ago.

I highly reccomend you download this game, if you like challenging strategy games. Beware though, its a 337MB download, 56Kers beware.

You can get from these servers:
www.fileshack.com
www.filefront.com
www.gamespot.com (subscription only)
www.aus***********

Black Heart
Oct 30th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Sorry, I don't know anything about it... is it strategy? I quite like Age of Empires, so it could be interesting.

AudioBoxer
Oct 30th, 2002, 10:46 PM
ya kinda I think, I dont like those kinda games though but I did a beta test for the game and I didnt like it at all!

Daedaelus
Nov 1st, 2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Black Heart
Sorry, I don't know anything about it... is it strategy? I quite like Age of Empires, so it could be interesting.

Yes, it is strategy. It's a lot like AOE.

Beretta55
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:13 PM
and what does AOE stand for? excuse my ignorence:laugh:

Edit: nevermind i just looked at another post and its age of empire's sorry everybody:P

Pu the Owl
Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:14 AM
AOE=Age of Empires and this thread belongs to Strategy forum.

Frozen
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Whoa, thanks to Iguana, I got a reason to play with my PC. Spent like 3 hours playing that demo :cool: What an awsome game, I will probably buy it :D

LaiN
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:07 AM
Have you also heard about the Collecters Edition?? :shock: I allready pre-orderd my copy :happy:

Collector's Edition Features
In addition to the Age of Mythology game the Collectors Edition includes:

Figurine A limited Edition Minotaur figurine

Mini-Posters Six detailed posters of major gods from the game."Making Of" DVD From concept to completion, get the behind the scenes story with art, concepts, storyboards, interviews, and more.

Music CD The epic original soundtrack of Age of Mythology composed by Ensemble's internal music team.

Tech Trees Three high-quality tech trees detail each mythology's growth and potential. The key to any victory.

Movie-Style Poster Full color poster with credits and signatures of the Ensemble team behind Age of Mythology.

Bulfinch's Mythology Book The definitive book of mythology and the Ensemble team's bible for the last three years. Read about the legends, then meet them in the game!

Box (http://www.empiregaming.net/%7Eaom/images/misc/aom_special_edition.jpg)

goodman
Nov 20th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Its gotten very high reviews for sure, and ive been looking at it for two weeks. I havent been able to play it, the first time my d/l didnt take, but i will try again...

Frozen
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:23 AM
Sir Goodman, did you try on filefront? The download in there is pretty much flawless, I checked it out and is still working (directly from their server)

BTW, any of you guys have played Warcraft III ? That game roxxorz like hell, it's awsome.

LaiN, did u get your copy already? :happy: Sounds awsome, but most cost a hell lot of money as well :shock:

LaiN
Nov 21st, 2002, 06:21 AM
No I still haven't... Mine isn't that expensive about the same price as the game is. It was a special Offer from a Game Magazine I am subscribed to.

LaiN

LaiN
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:23 AM
I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it!!!!! Just a hour ago the doorbell rang and I got my AOM Collecters Edition.

Ripped the box open and got the stuff out very gentle ;)
There is a small figure of a Minotaur. The Soundtrack (Awsome Music) a DVD with the making of (very impressing), 6 posters from gods, a large movie-style poster (allready on my wall ;)) 3 Large Tech Trees, Mythology Book and ofcourse a double cd box with the game.

Right now I am installing it on the computer downstairs because my pc is to slow :peoples:

The system requirements
Windows 2000/XP - 128 MB RAM
Windows 98/me - 128 MB RAM

450 MHZ
1,5 GB free disc space :shock:
16 MB 3D Videocard

There are only 21000 (still a lot) editions and I got number 6893 so order your copy today, I can say that it really is worth it!

LaiN

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 6th, 2003, 01:43 AM
I bought Age of Mythology last week and it is my one true love lol. And now that I have the internet I can play online. Thor forever!

Silent Assassin
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:18 AM
What is the main purpose of it..i mean..what do you do in it??..is it the same as empire earth..or age of empires