PDA

View Full Version : Lunar

IcyMourdor
Feb 10th, 2002, 09:19 AM
I may have put this up on the old forums.

Who's plaved the series? What do you think about them?

Questions, comments, concerns. Discuss them here.

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Even if Lunar series is not one of my faves, still I have to say I enjoyed playing it.
It's not as famous as other series, and I think not many players know anything about it.
It's a shame, because I repeat Lunar series is quite good. Not less good than other most famous RPGs.

Soul Angel
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:17 PM
I've never played the series before

So what is it about then?

IcyMourdor
Feb 10th, 2002, 06:00 PM
And I quote:

"Lunar is a spectacular world filled with magic. Once, long ago, it was threatened with extinction by an evil force. At the time, four heroes arose and saved the world. The legend of these four heroes inspires many young boys and girls, even today.

Alex is no different than any other kid his age. He has friends, three to be exact: Ramus the rotund dreamer. Nall, his constant companion (and the rumored offspring of a white dragon). And Luna, the orphen that Alex's parents took in.

Alex dreams of taking his friends on fantastic adventures like his hero, Dragonmaster Dyne. Dyne, one of the four heroes, is said to have perished under mysterious circumstances while safeguarding the Goddess Althena. A monument in his honor is erected just outside of Alex's village of Burg.

Alex visits Dyne's memorial nearly every day and dreams of the day he, too, will be able to go on an exciting journey. Just once, he longs to know how it feels to have that rush of adrenaline when facing off against life-threatening danger. Soon, much sooner than he can imagine, Alex will have the chance to find out..."

Nice intro, isn't it?

jenova_jeb
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:18 AM
It sounds cool, but unfortunately I've just got too much to play :( . I just picked up FFVIII yesterday, and am about 5 hours into it. Once I'm done with that, I've gotta play VI, and perhaps V (I've heard V was kinda've lame :confused: ).

Hylas
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Is Lunar series a PSx series? Does anybody know if it's been released worldwide?

IcyMourdor
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:44 PM
They recently released Lunar 2 for the PSX about half a year ago. It was first made for the Sega Saturn. I'm not aware of if it was a worldwide release. i woulc bet it wasn't. This is the most popular game series in the world, but it is one of the best.

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Well, I just recently played and beat Lunar:SSSC and it has taen me to be my favorite RPG so far. It has great music including the voice acting, ad the battle system is so sweet. You should get it or at least borrow it and play. It also has a greatly intriguing storyline.

Reid
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:44 AM
The Lunar series is really great.
I'm not into fantasy stuff at all but I bought and played through both Lunar:Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar:Eternal Blue, and they were both really good.
I'd definently reccomend it.

Evil Parrot
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Hylas
Is Lunar series a PSx series? Does anybody know if it's been released worldwide?

It was never released in Europe unfortunately, but I managed to play it on import and I agree with Reid, it is a very good and well polished game. One of the better RPG's on the PS1

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Like Jenova said I got too many games to beat...I'm in the middle of VIII, I need to play VI, Tactics and Xeno( if i can ever find it)....but Lunar has caught my attention...I'll definately look into it later on!