PDA

View Full Version : How many series in a month?

Jolie
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:41 PM
How many series do you watch in an average month?
Do you buy them or do you watch them on TV?
I'm asking, because I'd like to watch more, but getting them on DVD is very expensive! :(

Frozen
Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:18 AM
Yeah, even here in the US DVD's are expensive, and I know that outside they are even more expensive. As for me, I really don't buy series on DVD's, only movies, or series of OAV's, but not TV series. I have quite a bunch of recorded chapters of Dragon Ball Z and some few of DBGT (which I hate to the heart excepting the end)

I actually buy between 1 to 3 DVD's per month. But I have not been doing that for long. The first DVD's I bought were the Rurouni Kenshin OAV's 1 and 2, (Samurai X, Trust, and Betrayal). Later on, after about 3 months, I bought Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, a month later I bought Bastard!! (complete collection of 6 OAV's in one DVD) and 2 weeks ago I bought the first volume of Street Fighter II V from a set of 4, and probably tomorrow I'll buy the second volume.

But you know what, I just go to a share network and download all the anime I want :evil: By doing that I have watched about 20 different animes, I think. What I've done, is to watch them first, and if I like them, then I buy them on DVD, which is what I am doing right now.

Noki Noki
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:12 PM
Can't say I have any anime DVDs.
Mostly tapes, with episodes copied from DVDs.. (o.-;)

I used to tape what little anime they played on the Encore: Action channel before I moved (and switched to the Lord of Communist Service: DirectTV) and taped DragonballZ-GT/Slayers off the International Channel..

List of stuff on the Encore Channel (Played at 11, sometimes several times a week):
Bubblegum Crisis
Battle Arena Toshinden
Grappler Baki
Shadow Skill
Princess Mononoke
Blue Seed
Sol Bianca (first episode)
Darkside Blues
Twilight of the Dark Masters
Macross II
Patalabor I/II
Ghost in the Shell

How much I watch depends on how much my friendsies are willing to copy for me.. o_o... *Patiently waiting for more Excel Saga..*

Daedaelus
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Noki Noki

Ghost in the Shell

Oh man, that anime is so perverted, IMO.

Noki Noki
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:51 PM
That reminds me.. I fordot "Biohunter"
The opening scene of that movie.. ...

+ Three more that can be found on Encore Action:
Biohunter
Curse of the Undead Yoma
Fist of the North Star (I tink)

A bit Off-Topic:
- I haven't seen Ghost In The Shell though.. Can I get a quick synopsis?

MADRUCKIS
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:32 PM
Well I collect only dvd's of anime cause my VHS is busted.

Funny thing is today I bought the next two DragonBall Z episodes for the Fusion Saga. I'd rather buy them on DVD cause I can hear the Jap with English text or English dub-whichever I feel like it.

I have all the Episodes from The World Tournament to the end of the Fusion saga on DVD-and at $20 a piece, I'd say I have over a $130 of crap in my DVD case.......

:peoples: geeze-I never knew how much I had until now. Damn, I coulda bought some clothes with that money.

:roll: Oh well. I'm gonna go see the episodes...see ya lol!

merylsilverburg
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:11 PM
It depends on what's out which determines on how many series I'll buy in a month. I usually get DVDs 'cause they have both sub and dub and it's clearer. :D But, lately, I haven't bought much except:

Cardcaptor Sakura
Lupin the III: Pursuit of Harimaro's Treasure

I pre-ordered: The US version of Fruits Basket

I'm planning on getting (in the upcoming month or so):

Noir (Better hurry too, 'cause it's already licensed! :weep: )
One Piece (Same thing)
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Asagiri no Miko
Chobits
Onegai Teacher