PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about the Super GAMECUBE?

Homeless Psycho
Oct 21st, 2002, 12:05 PM
There's a GC out there that can play DVD's, CD's, and has a pretty standard sound system. It's in Japan, but rumors say that it's going to come over here at a butt-whooping price of 500 smackers.

My friend is gonna try to buy it when he goes to Japan this coming Christmas.

:disgust: Well anyway, I'll try to find more about this later.

-Psycho
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Daedaelus
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:03 PM
Old news. It's the Panasonic GameCube. BTW, the price won't be that high.

Rohamgh
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:59 PM
super game cube...lolllll almost had me scared there!

aahahahahahaaaa

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 21st, 2002, 03:21 PM
Awesome, I plan on gettin a cube for christmas...hopefully it'll be out here by then or shortly after?

GaseousSnake
Oct 21st, 2002, 04:14 PM
Panasonic is making a new version of the Panasonic Q.

Frozen
Oct 21st, 2002, 04:45 PM
I wonder if a console made by Panasonic will have any success...

Daedaelus
Oct 21st, 2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
I wonder if a console made by Panasonic will have any success...

When a company like Sony can produce a block-buster like PSX (not that I'm saying that Sony is a bad corporation, but it was new to the gaming industry back in 1995 when PSX was first released), what makes you think that Panasonic will be unsuccessful?

Spank-A-Thon
Oct 21st, 2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

When a company like Sony can produce a block-buster like PSX (not that I'm saying that Sony is a bad corporation, but it was new to the gaming industry back in 1995 when PSX was first released), what makes you think that Panasonic will be unsuccessful? It's simply a modded version of the GameCube by Panasoic...

Anyways, Panasonic did enter the gaming arena once way back in 1994. Anyone remember the 3DO?

Much like the *very* early MSX computers, it was meant to be a gaming standard that would be adopted by many manufacturers such as Panasonic, Phillips, JVC and so on. Sadly it wasn't a success at all.

Shame really because the machine was responsible for the very first Need For Speed game, which still to this day I rate as the best in the series.

- S

Frozen
Oct 21st, 2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by goodman
Although the games are getting better, and will continue to do so, paying $150 for a GameCube would be hard enough. Just to have DVD capability wouldnt justify the purchase of this machine or whatever else they will put out.

Exactly, and personally, I got both PS2 and X Box with DVD kit so I don't care about anymore DVD players.

But I never said it would be unsuccesful, I was and I am wondering if it will. But as far as I know, previous consoles like Goldstar's and Panasonic's 3DO's were useless pieces of crap, even being more powerful consoles than the others they were competing against (SNES and Genesis XD )

hijakedGTR
Oct 24th, 2002, 06:20 AM
As far as i know, i think the panasonic Q wont be released outside of japan, so why import sumthing that cant play your region's DvDs? unless your from japan
:peoples:

KraftSLU
Oct 24th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by hijakedGTR
As far as i know, i think the panasonic Q wont be released outside of japan, so why import sumthing that cant play your region's DvDs? unless your from japan
:peoples:

It is fully modded to support all DVD regions, if you buy one it will play your american games as well as your japanese, european and australian ones.

http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/pan_gcn_solo_big.jpg

http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/pan_gcn_left_big.jpg

Frozen
Oct 24th, 2002, 11:24 AM
So it is supposed to be able to play all of Gamecube's games? Now a question comes to my mind: if it is sucesful, won't that be a direct hit against Nintendo? What do they say about it?

Spank-A-Thon
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
So it is supposed to be able to play all of Gamecube's games? Now a question comes to my mind: if it is sucesful, won't that be a direct hit against Nintendo? What do they say about it? Panasonic paid a license fee to Nintendo to make this GameCube...

Anyway, Nintendo make most of their money from games anyway. All game manufacturers have to pay a license fee to develop each game.

- S

hijakedGTR
Oct 27th, 2002, 05:42 AM
thansk kraft for the info, i stand corrected ;)

MakgSnake
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:25 PM
When I first saw Panasonic 3DO, I was amazed, use to play "Road Rash" and "Need 4 Speed" all the time. But those were the only games worth looking.

Still it was better then Goldstar 3DO and Jag64.

Spank-A-Thon
Oct 27th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
When I first saw Panasonic 3DO, I was amazed, use to play "Road Rash" and "Need 4 Speed" all the time. But those were the only games worth looking.

Still it was better then Goldstar 3DO and Jag64. Ummm Makg, the Goldstar 3DO was the same machine except made by Goldstar (and looked a tad different). Hardware-wise they were identical...

As for the Jag64, yeah, besides some of the remade Jeff Minter classics (Tempest 2000 immediately springs to mind), it really had nothing to offer and deserved it's premature death.

- S