PDA

View Full Version : best feature in vice city

shaunathon260
Oct 20th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Out of all the new features that vice city will offer what is your top 3 things that your looking forward to and why!!!

1. The ability to rob gunshops and banks, that way you won't have to worry about money too much. ( I wonder if you can hold up the store with a screwdriver?????????, LOL)

2. the ability to switch clothes and buy them whenever you want. That way people won't think that you stink when you walk pass them like in gta 3. But that just gives you more of a reason to kill them. HAHAHAHAHA.

and finally

3. the ability to swim. I chose this because the first time I get a chopper I'm going to fly high above the city with a chick... then I'm going to hover above the water and then I'll bail out causing the chopper to crash and explode with the chick in it and I'll swim quickly to shore.

shaunathon260
Oct 21st, 2002, 12:22 AM
TOMMY CANNOT SWIM. THAT IS SOMETHING I JUST READ FROM DIGIMORTALS IGN REPORT.

so for number 3 I would have to put

3. The ability to go into places like a bank and the police station. The mall is going to be the first place that I visit.

Totaly off subject I want to point out something I read in DigiMortals ign report.

Rockstar up until now has been saying the whole city will be open from the start. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH OF HOW MUCH OF A LIE THIS IS. YOU STILL GOT TO UNLOCK THEM BUT IT DOESNT TAKE AS LONG THIS TIME AROUND. ( This so sucks along with the fact he can't swim!!!!)

Andi
Oct 21st, 2002, 06:58 AM
1, Can't wait for a go of the Bike's , Straight to the highest Unique Jump ! :evil: Evil Kenievel Style :laugh:

2, Find myself a Helicopter & repeat what i have seen one the Latest Movie Hover over the street fireing @ Peds ! & try for a few head's behind the Window Screen's ! LOL

3, Find a golf Buggy & wrap a few golf club's around some Heads! Or the chain saw Hanging out the side of the Buggy!Chop a few limb's off

just one other thing ! Need to find some Shark's , to KILL :laugh:

Not much longer to go now!

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 21st, 2002, 03:19 PM
Yeah like Andi said get some monster air on the bike.

Snipe people through their windshield and watch their car swerve off and crash

And just cause total havoc in the planes and heli's.

BTW I didn't know you could rob stores?

shaunathon260
Oct 22nd, 2002, 12:24 AM
Yeah I read in one of the many IGN articles that you can. Plus if it wasn't true they would have denied it in ign's newest preview. (I'll try to find the article again)

Andi
Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:23 AM
I have read some were that when you get in a helicopter it is fairly easy to fly !

Taken from IGN

September 20, 2002 - When it comes to modes of transportation, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has pretty much everything covered. From new cars to motorcycles and motor scooters, boats and ships, this new iteration of Grand Theft Auto looks to make driving like a wild maniac more fun than before. Is that even possible? While he rest of the world eagerly awaits to see if it can be done, Rockstar confidently nods, smiles, and says, "Yes, it can."

Today we have a special look at the capabilities of the helicopter. But what can you do with helicopters in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City? Can you get into air fights with them? Can you drop bombs, use a sniper rifle, or bail if your copter is shot down? As usual, Rockstar isn't giving away its hand just yet (which only helps to build the anticipation/frustration more). But we do have new and detailed facts.

First things first. Helicopters can indeed be piloted in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, that's a fact. You can fly around Vice City and land in any area that's big enough to permit a vehicle of that size to land, be it a field, rooftop, or perhaps even a freeway. But how, exactly, does a helicopter fit into gameplay? And can they be hijacked? "Helicopters can be 'borrowed,' although it's an extremely difficult feat to accomplish," said Associate Producer Jeremy Pope. "As you might imagine, helicopter pilots like to keep their distance from potential hijackers. Accomplished players will be able to use the helicopters both inside and outside of missions."

Rockstar also confirmed there will be more than one kind of helicopter, meaning that some are faster than others, and implying perhaps, that some are even more powerful in other ways than others. It's just our guess of course, but if there are different kinds, then there probably commercial vehicles, such as weather copters. And so logically, just like there are cop cars, wouldn't there also be police helicopters? And if so, then wouldn't police helicopters have weaponry? Again, this is just our speculation here, but hey, in all likelihood, Rockstar is probably working on getting these functions to work as we speak.

One thing is for sure, however, and that can be seen from the screenshots. Cops can and will arrive on a potentially dangerous scenes and shimmy down ropes to settle the scene.

What's great about the use of various different helicopters, just like the wide range of cars, is that they handle differently than cars or boats. "Rockstar North created an entirely new physics model in order to make the helicopters control just right," said Pope. "As with the other vehicle types each helicopter has very distinct feel to it. After a short period of acclimation you'll find that you can manipulate the helicopters easily, as the controls are logical and intuitive. However, as with Grand Theft Auto 3's Dodo, the helicopters will likely take some time to truly master."

While Rockstar won't comment on whether or not there will be drive-by helicopter sequences, well, why not? There are almost assuredly going to be drive by "boatings," so why not drive-by "copter fights?" The suggestion also implies that maybe more than one person can ride a helicopter, the pilot and the passenger. So, can a passenger use weaponry? Again, Rockstar wouldn't confirm, but Pope would say that pedestrians can shoot up at copters. "Absolutely. For that matter, every vehicle that can be piloted can be destroyed from the ground or the air." Good God.

In the meantime, enjoy some cool shots and the movie of the helicopters in action.
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/GTA3VC_092002_160.jpg http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/gtavc_092002_heli3_in.jpg

twiztidfreak69er
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:50 PM
yeah its farely easy to fly the heli and easy to crash it asell lol but hard to get it to go fast you basically have to nosedive from the air which you cant hover that high with it but pretty high though and i cant find no damn planes to fly im gonna search some more over the seas to see if i can find one floating around somewhere although i went to the airport i didnt see ne flyable planes ...yet im beating as many missions as i can and stocking up on cash tell more as i advance in the game lol

Andi
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:32 AM
The Attack Helicopter After all 100 Hidden Package's are found!

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/snipersmilie.gif

And a go of the Chain Sawhttp://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/ups/chaos99/greenchainsaw.gif

Infernal Mass
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:31 PM
I think the ability to change appearance is a great addition to vice city. It comes in handy when evading police after a hold up in the mall.

RobHardo
Nov 4th, 2002, 01:01 PM
3. the ability to bail out of your car.

2. able to buy houses, awesome addition (it made me mad how i couldn't store all my cars in 3)

1. high speed chase on a mo-ped. being able to shoot the cops from the front works out great on the bikes

rocker_adam
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:03 PM
3. cruising on a bike picking up hookers:laugh:

2. listing to the great radio stations:cool:

1. just being able to do whatever you want

dan da man
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:01 AM
All of it.

sk8er_kyle
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I think the music is the best thing in VC. The music rocks! I love 80's rock.:ghost:

rocker_adam
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:20 PM
ya gotta agree with kyle. anything 80s rock is the best. i also like how rockstar got a great list of licensed bands.

man i cant spell;)

PS2Girl
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:45 PM
the cars, the missions, the city

PS2Girl
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:56 PM
AIRPORT BAGGAGE CLAIM!

dan da man
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by PS2Girl

AIRPORT BAGGAGE CLAIM!

Really...I thought there were excting things to on VC than that, but its your fav thing to do.