PDA

View Full Version : What's the longest anime series?

Jolie
Oct 19th, 2002, 06:45 PM
I'm just curious to know which one is the longest and how many episodes it is. Do you have any ideas? :confused:

merylsilverburg
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:09 PM
I remember reading from AnimeNation's "Ask John" about a question like this and he said that since anime doesn't really run for a long time in Japan, there's very few. But, the two that has the most is (according to him) is Doraemon (over 800 episodes) and this anime called Sazae-san (over 1,500 episodes). He said that mostly family shows like these two would probably last the longest than the shoujo and shounen animes.
But....besides those....I would probably say.....DB/DBZ....that series seems endless. :laugh:

Ruby Moon
Oct 21st, 2002, 11:20 AM
I think also Gundam series (if you count all of them) are pretty long.

Pu the Owl
Oct 21st, 2002, 12:15 PM
I also think Lupin III has a huge amount of episodes... it counts several series and also many movies. So, I say it could be one of the longest.

Noki Noki
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:46 PM
(Not sure about this at all).. but I've heard Ranma 1/2 had a bushel of seasons, or manga, can't remember which.. .. >.o

Rei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:04 PM
Yeah, Ranma is a quite long series as well. I don't think it has less eps than DBZ :laugh:

Jolie
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:43 PM
I haven't seen all the series you mentioned, like for example Lupin, Gundam or Doraemon, so I can't really say, but yes, DB series is really endless. I'm not sure Ranma 1/2 is so long.... I think it's not that long, but I could be wrong.

LaiN
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Sazae-san... isn't that 3x3 Eyes? A.K.A. Sazae-san Eyes?? If it is 3x3 eyes...the show only had 7 episodes isn't it...

The Japanese DBZ has 291 episodes
The English DBZ has 273 episodes so I don't know if that is the longest one. GT has 64.

LaiN

Hylas
Oct 29th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LaiN
Sazae-san... isn't that 3x3 Eyes? A.K.A. Sazae-san Eyes?? If it is 3x3 eyes...the show only had 7 episodes isn't it...

If meryl mentioned it among the longest series, and the show you're talking about it's only 7 eps long, probably they're not the same thing ;)