PDA

View Full Version : Wild Arms 3

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 17th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Has anyone played this yet. It's just come out and I'm picking up a copy today. I think it looks awesome!

If anyones played it or is planning on it post your thoughts on the game here. And once I've gottin into it I'll fill you all in on my views.

IcyMourdor
Oct 19th, 2002, 04:44 PM
I haven't been paying attention to release dates.

I would love to try out the 3rd part of Wild Arms. I liked both of the previous ones. Maybe the PS2 will help the series and make it even better.

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 19th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Well this gamer rocks. The 4 characters are each very diverse and badass! With a wise sniper, a money hungry treasure hunter, an aspiring carefree priest and a girl lookin for adventure they all team up to wander the world of Figauro (not sure on spelling?)

The battle system is quite good. Each individual uses a gun (beretta might like this RPG) and you can battle on horses and in ships as well. No one is lined up in a line so everyone runs freely around the battle ground. And you can summon forces known as guardians as well as use magics called Arcana.

The cel-shading is odd at first but after awhile it gives an all new sense of brightness and a cartoony feel to it. It makes every color just stand out that much more.

Although I've yet to dig too deep within the story what I've seen so far its quite good. This game reminds me of Skies of Arcadia thrown in an old Clint Eastwood movie. The western feel is something I've never seen in any other RPG and to be quite honest I like it! Although the controls are a bit odd with the dashing (you'll see if you play it) I think this game is great! I give this game 8 out of 10 Solid:Snake sta---err...S4H Stars...:laugh:

I'll update my thoughts once I've gotten farther.

-=[ÐýstøþíÅ]=-
Oct 20th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Yeah, I plan on buying this game very soon! I think Wild Arms is great! And I think you meant "Filgaia", lol. Close enough though :P

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 20th, 2002, 02:40 PM
lol thanks

MADRUCKIS
Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:08 PM
I agree with S4H

Wild Arms is pretty intresting. I only bought it to bridge the gaming gap for me until GTA- but I know I'll be playing it for some time.
The characters are pretty good. The two best are Jet (Treasure Hunter) with his machine gun like ARM weapon and Clive (The Bounty Hunter) with is Sniper Rifle ARM weapon.
The story is pretty good, I'm up to finding the Sparkle something or other...I'm lost as hell.
The gameplay is different. You can avoid random battles of you press O when you see an exclamation point (and as long as you have points for it). You can choose for ur characters to play on automatic making them fight on their own and the guardians can be given to characters to allow them to do magic as long as they have FP's (Fight Points).
My only beef with the system is that you can't carry these to the next fight so if you hit or get hit you build these FP's to build your meter-you wipe out the enemy and when the next battle starts you start at close to nothing again.
This aside-the Wild West theme is downright engaging and the storyline keeps you wondering where to head next.

I give an 8 outta 10

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:46 PM
Sweet someone else is playing it! Yeah I needed something to take my mind off of GTA too :laugh: and plus I'm an RPG fanatic and I'm hoping to play all the new RPG's comin out this season. Yes Jet and Clive are the best! Jet is just a badass cause he's always off by himself and doesn't give a sh*t about anything but money. And Clive is awesome cause he's the wise one in the group who deals a lot of damage. Yeah they could've expanded on the battle system a whole lot, like the summons are pathetic in my opinion. I spent like 20 mintues building up my FP to 100 to get maximum damage, and the summon only does 140 damage...I was like wtf!

Eh Madruckis, since we're both playin we could prolly help eachother out if either one of us is stuck, so leave me a PM if you ever need it

Beretta55
Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:03 PM
gun's in a rpg?....nice!!:laugh: yeah i was planning to get this game a while ago it look's really nice and after what i just read....im sold i might rent it first just to be sure i like it.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:59 PM
Hey
No doubt, S4H. You do the same if you need it. Yeah the summons do suck-especially if you had just finished playing FFVIII for the second time and seeing all the great ones makes them dull in comparison.
The game can be kinda confusing and linear, with the world map not appearing until you search for it. The only setbacks so far.

The cell shading is great, gives a cool feel to it.

Berrata-you'll like the ARMS design. The bosses have some nice guns too-forgot which one in weilds a bayonette type rifle but he's my fav next the good characters weapons!

Beretta55
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:05 PM
i rented the game tonight got the last copy and so far it's great!! i liked how you could pick a character out of 4 that was pretty cool but i picked Jet and named him Matt *my real name* it's just something i do but im wondering who else did you all pick?

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:21 PM
Actually beretta your just in the prologue. After your done with Jet you go back and pick another character. When your done doing each individuals little quest thing thats when the prologue is over and you start the game

And Mad I think your talking about Janus Cascade... and yes he too is a major badass

Beretta55
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:56 PM
yeah i just noticed that i played the game all night pretty much without any sleep the game has got me hooked. but now i have to go to some kinda tower and put the 3 sheild's in to see the eternal sparkle.

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:11 PM
Damn beretta I guess you have been playin through the night lol. I've been playin for maybe 1 or 2 hours each day and you've caught up with me. What levels are you at?

Beretta55
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:15 PM
hmmmmmmmmm......i dont really know im at a confuseing point right now. im at this town calle calibourna *excuse the spelling* and i have to find this damn tower and im searching everywhere to no prevail.....and my head is about to be split open:disturb:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:37 PM
Geeze Berretta

You caught up to me too. I'm going to the Tower also but I'm just leveling up cause I want better arms.

**SPOILER**
Yo, I loved the last boss, the girl Drifter (I'm bad with names). She shook her dress and pulled out some gatteling gun, that attack was hilarious. I let her live till the end cause I wanted to keep seeing the attack...crazy!
**SPOILER**

Guess you guys are gonna get ahead of me...I have DBZ anime to watch tonight!

Beretta55
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:11 PM
**SPOILER**
oh yeah that attack made me laugh like none other but i hated the afro dude he kept healing everybody so i had to kill him first and i hate those homemade bomb attack's gah!!!

well i beat the tower level now and i have to go to a town called little twister....this game is controlling me i just cant put it down!!:laugh:
**SPOILER**

i think i might have to give this game a break before i lose my mind:laugh:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:54 AM
Dag Barretta

Hitting the game kinda hard huh?

I just beat the tower too I'm just resting though!

**SPOILER**
Yo, there was a trick to beating that first big boss int he tower wasen't there. I read in the town that makes him soft, but I heated him and I still couldn't hit him with more than nothing! There's a trick but I didn't find it so I played him only taking 45-60 off with magic and healing.........took crazy long. What did you do Barretta?
***SPOILER***

Beretta55
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Dag Barretta

Hitting the game kinda hard huh?

I just beat the tower too I'm just resting though!

**SPOILER**
Yo, there was a trick to beating that first big boss int he tower wasen't there. I read in the town that makes him soft, but I heated him and I still couldn't hit him with more than nothing! There's a trick but I didn't find it so I played him only taking 45-60 off with magic and healing.........took crazy long. What did you do Barretta?
***SPOILER***
go into more detail right here or pm it to me cause i dont know what you are talking about:laugh:

***SPOILER***
Well i found little twister and talked to the local's and got a new mission to go to these ruin's i found it to. but it sucks. most of the monsters their are poision and i ran out of antidotes!! and i went back to the town and the merchant isnt there!! ahh this is making me mad!!:frust: so im just going to have to tough thur it.
***SPOILER***

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Mad- That boss your talking about Jet's Devestator is about the hardest attack I could do on him. And the way to cool him down is quite logical. Since he's heating up, cool him down, hence use Gallow's Ice magic.

Beretta- I had the same exact problem, what I did is I filled up Jet's Personal Skill Poison resistence so when a chest with a poison booby trap came up I would have him go to it and resist the trap and get the antidotes inside. Also Virginia's spell Petrify wastes flying monsters so you can take em out before they poison you with one shot of that.

Well I'm a good ways ahead of you guys so I won't tell you whats goin on in the story so I don't spoil anything.

Later guys

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Thanks S4H, yeah I went back and read the book in the town for that

**SPOILER**
What I was referring to Berretta was that monster who you have to heat up. See the thing is, If you heat him up and then cool him off, does that make him more brittle. The book said it was supposed to make him easier to hit physically....but I did that and it didn't work.
**SPOILER**

MADRUCKIS
Oct 27th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Freagin frakin bloody popper #@$%@^%@$^.....

I'm stuck. And I thought that if I just calm down, put it away and play other agmes for awhile, I'd figure out the simple puzzle when I get back to later.

I'M BACK TO IT LATER AND STUCK!

I'm in the Sand Canal-yeah, I'm still back here cause I don't play much after Hitman2-
In the Canal-there's a bridge I can't lower after the knights. I've read the sign and looked around all I can-it's simple I know but whats the catch. ICAN'T LOWER IT!!!!
help if u can:roll:

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Well you'll probably kick yourself in the ass for this but...just run head first into it... Just get a bit of running start and sprint into it.

Hey beretta if your at Little Rock Village or if you are Mad when reading this lemme know where I'm supposed to go next. It;s right outside of the canal system.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah, I was mad I was running around sprinting for no reasona nd bumped into it and it fell. I DID KICK MYSELF AND I CAN'T SIT WITHOUT A PILLOW!!!

Little Rock huh? Hmmm I'm wayyy past it but correct me if I'm wrong Berretta

You need to go across a land bridge and stick to the shore to find Clives hometown......*scratches head* Am I right? Hmmm..I'll check it and if not I'll change this post again!

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Well I've heard em talking about going to another shrine up north but the only ruins I found was the ones where Jet found Pike.

Yeah I haven't been playin for awhile, after VC and Suidoken I'll prolly start back up with WA3

MADRUCKIS
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Ha......you and me both S4H

There's a puzzle I can't fugure out.......it had me upset-but then I got VC and I don't remember what it is.......

Oh-and the tip I gave you is wrong. I know it's wrong somehow......I'll get back to you for the corrections