PDA

View Full Version : Catching Butterflies

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 9th, 2002, 06:09 PM
I'm currently finishing up my sidequests in X but I can't catch all of the butterflies in Macalania forest for Kimarhi's ultimate weopon. Has anyone completed this, and if so do you have any hints or secrets?

IcyMourdor
Feb 9th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Haven't done it yet. I don't know any good hints.

DreamSharpShooter
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:40 PM
you mean get the saturn sigil?
cause the spirit lance, kimarhi`s last weapon isnĀ“t there...

i have 2 questions...where are the celestial weapon of tidus and the sun sigil?
if anybody knows please...and ask, i almost done with ff x, i think..

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 10th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Well his weopon is in the northeast of the calm lands, you have to race the trainer first so the guard will come watch you. It's down a short little trail leading down towards the gorge. And you need a time of 0:0.0 in chocobo racing for the sigil.

But back to my problem....has anyone gotten the sigil for kimarhi?

DragonSphere
Feb 10th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Nope, I'm still trying to do it.

DreamSharpShooter
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:59 PM
my cousin has it, but he doesnt remember how to get it...

dont know but he evade 200 consecutives thunders in thunders plains, dont know what sigil gives that...maybe the saturn...dont know..
just in case, kimarhi ultimate weapon has break dmg, triple overdrive, evade and counter or magic counter dont remember well, i think the first one, and double ap...and my cousin does 72000 with kimarhi, so the weapon dmg varies by hp i think..

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 11th, 2002, 05:33 PM
You get Lulu's sigil by doing that

I guess Catching Butterflies is hopeless....

DreamSharpShooter
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:43 PM
there is the saturn sigil...my cousin remebered that......you have to catch all butterflys...so keep trying

MADRUCKIS
Feb 12th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Hmpff

The real way you get the part of Kamarhi is in the butterfly game.

What happens is that before you get the airship, you can play the game for some small items. Theres two games in the Macalania Woods. The only way you can get the Sigil is winning second game.

The butterfly game gets harder from before the airship so you'll get frustrated easy if you think it'll be a piece of cake. Play through it several times and cut corners wherever you think you can shorten Tidus' stride. To tell you the truth I haven't done it yet....I'm always running right through the last butterfly on the last second....creating a fury within me like 10 Sephiroth's! Try Try Try...thats all I can tell you. Thats the same way you can do the 0:0:0 for Tidus' weapon.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 12th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Well I beat the chococbo races in around 20 minutes...luck i guess...but this is really hard, I'm having the same problem with those last butterflies...but thanks for the encouragement :D

MADRUCKIS
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Hey no doubt:

It's times like these where we need to hold hands, sing the Hymn and pray we round that corner tightly.

If your like me, the last turn has a butterfly I keep crashing into. The trick is to get through with absolutely no encounters, FLAWLESS. It makes it harder than the Chocobo part so get comfortable.lol

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Amen to that

Indrid Cold
Jun 9th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Catching Butterlies are boring,
They're hard ones to catch...