PDA

View Full Version : Gunvalkyrie

Frozen
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:30 AM
SSSnake, if you are reading this, this is the game I kept getting wrong Halo with :right: Not much in common except that you have to kill aliens :laugh:

opinions about this game, fellas?

KraftSLU
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:45 AM
Pretty to look at, frustratingly difficult controls and not much in the lines of storyline, options or general game flavor. I played this game for about 4 hours before I took to back to blockbuster. Thats just my opinion though.

Frozen
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:03 AM
Yes, I've been having seen that sympton in most of the reviews I've read: Pretty to look at, but frustrating difficulty on the controllers. Although in some I've read about it from a good point of view: It can be quite a challenge and really prove your skills as a gamer.

I think I will rent it before I buy it. Any games you could recommend, KraftSLU? since your an X Box fanboy and you must have played quite a good number of titles, you should be able to mention some :D The only one's that have been suggested to me that actually I have some interest in, are HALO and DOA 3, although I'm not so greatly excited about them. And Morrowind. But nothing else. And ever since I saw Gunvalkyrie I got quite interested on it, as it has that looks of Metroid...

KraftSLU
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:38 AM
It depends on what genres of games you are into. If you like long RPGs with tons of character development then Morrowind is a must. If you are a fan of action/adventure games I would say check out Buffy the Vampire Hunter (whether or not you watch the TV show) as it is a fun game. Hitman 2 has also been getting good reviews as an action game. FPS wise check out Timesplitters2.

Frozen
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Thank you. I actually am mostly into fighting and RPG's. Probably what I will get at first will be Morrowind, HALO, and DOA 3. I'm getting this console mostly for some upcomeing titles as DOAXV and Ninja Gaiden, but I still got to wait for that. SO, I want a game that really shows me that the X ox is "the most powerful console in the planet"

KraftSLU
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Unfortunatley right now it is not the most powerful console on the planet. Right now the GC and PS2 graphics are up to par with the XBox and the only games that really truely shine IMO are DOA3, Rallysport Challenge and a few various others. Most games look better after translation to XBox (like THPS3, Hitman2 and most other multisystem games) but not a drastic enough change to warrant tons of praise.

Frozen
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:26 AM
I was being sarcastic when I said that. that's what M$ claims it to be, teh most powerful console in the planet... right?

Oh well, I already got it and I'm happy with it but that's gonna be another thread lalalalalalala

Rohamgh
Oct 21st, 2002, 03:10 PM
it IS the most powerful console on da planet, except right now the only game we have to prove that is DOA3...

I would suggest NOT buyin GV, but buyin NBA 2k3, HALO, DOA3, and if ya want The Thing or something similar...WATCH OUT FOR PROJECT EGO!!!