PDA

View Full Version : Olompics opening

Cannibal Clown
Feb 9th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Did anyone here watch the opening of the olimpic games last night?
I did and I thought it was absolutely awesome. The way they introduces all of the countries and the excelent music in the background which seemed to fet every part of the presentation like a movie.
The Indian cerimony thing was really cool with all of the costumes and dancing. I loved the western frontier thing as well. It was done soo well.
My favorite part was the show of the children of light and whats her name singing with all of them. I thought that they did an unbelievable job on it. The fire works poping up everywhere also made the show soooooo much better.

I thought that the whole thing al together was superb, anyone agree, dissagree, or even watched it. I'd like your opinion.

I also though that the japanese guy with the olimpic rings shaved on his head was really cool.

JC Denton
Feb 9th, 2002, 03:11 PM
sorry i didn't see it. openings are normaly boring so i wouldn't of watched it anyway, sound like this time it was good,

to tell the truth i didn't even know it was on,
please don't kill me.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 9th, 2002, 03:18 PM
I usually never watch it either, but this time I was bored and when I turned the TV on it happened to be on so I watched it.

I always thought the olipmics were boring, but the opening presentations for this year were better than any live presentation I have ever seen of anything before in my life.

I'm betting the reason it was so good was because of the fact that it took place in America, and after the whole 9/11 incedent, they decided to go all out on it.

You should have seen the crowd when America was introduced, it was amazing. But it didn't seem like presedent Bush even showed a smile through out the whole thing.

IcyMourdor
Feb 9th, 2002, 04:58 PM
I only saw the lighting of the torch. When the 1980 Gold Medal USA hockey team lit the thing.

007_JamesBond
Feb 9th, 2002, 05:11 PM
I dont really care for the olympics, I mean I want the americans to win, it is just that I dont have time to watch them.

BowevelJoe
Feb 9th, 2002, 05:17 PM
whee, yeah the olympics are always cool, but i never seem to have the time to watch them, maybe i will this year though...

MakgSnake
Feb 10th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Does Anyone Know The Music In The New Coca Cola Add........For Salt Lake. (This Goes For Canadian Members) Cause Its For Canada. I Hope Someone Knows The Name Of The Song, I Wanna Download It!.! BAD!

Reid
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:22 PM
I don't know the name of that song, Makg, but it's awesome, I agree!
That's fiddle music though (Canadian east coast, celtic stuff), the kind of scene I used to play in (as well as classical) when I was big into playing violin.

If you want similar stuff that you might like, some of the people that I used to play with that are really good (that you can probably find on Morpheus, because I think they're getting bigger) are the Leahy's.

The song sounds like it might be Natalie McMaster though. It has that sort of feel to it that her music does, and sounds like her style.