PDA

View Full Version : Beating Fatman

Bogart
Feb 9th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Hi!

I'm playing with my first Ps2 game, MGS2 and I think it's gorgeous.
Anyhow, I'm stuck with Fatman. I hit him but my weapons seem to have no effect. What should I do? And what does the second indicator below his life gauge mean?

MakgSnake
Feb 9th, 2002, 02:37 PM
First Congrats On Playing Ure First PS2, And We All Know Its BEAUTIFUL....I Love It!!!!!!!! More Then Anything!.! :D

Well Just Try To Difuse The Bombs And Then Try Running After Him, It Would Be Nice To Hit His Roller Skates So He Will Fall Down In One Try.

And Then Shoot More Bullets Into His Stomach, Then When He Is Trying To Get Up.........Go To FIRST Person View And TAKE A Clear SHOT Of His ForeHead Or Head. And BOOM........That'll Damage His Life Gauge Alot.

Keep Doing That. But Remember To Difuse The Bombs Before U Start Hitting Him.

And Dont Worry About The Second Indicator. If Ure Playing On Very Easy. Try USING USP Instead Of M9!.!

Hope That Helps.

If U Have Any More Questions, Please Feel Free To Ask! :)

IcyMourdor
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:54 PM
I had a little trouble with him, too. It always takes me a while to find the weakpoint of MGS bosses.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 11th, 2002, 08:56 PM
I think setting claymores is 1 key thing to do, and also once you start hitting him, don't stop! The way I beat him was just kept shooting him in the head so he couldn't move

Don't worry, the next 2 bosses (harrier and vamp) and SO EASY compared to fatman.

merylsilverburg
Feb 12th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Huh.....that's funny. Fatman was easy for me and Vamp was HARD! I wonder if there's something wrong with me? :confused:
I dunno, Vamp really freaks me out! When he jumps around and when he was on the ground walking REALLY slow, then he suddenly jumps and attacks! Wahhhhh! :( I nearly had a heart attack the first time! :eek:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:03 PM
What i did is diffuse the first round of bombs then during the next time where he's planting bombs again,shoot him until he falls and shoot him in the head.Continue this process until he's dead

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 28th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
I think setting claymores is 1 key thing to do, and also once you start hitting him, don't stop! The way I beat him was just kept shooting him in the head so he couldn't move

Don't worry, the next 2 bosses (harrier and vamp) and SO EASY compared to fatman.

IMO, Vamp was much harder than Fatman.

BTW, SSSnake and Mercury_Shadow told you the best way to beat Fatman

Serj
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:13 PM
I beat Fatman on my first try. He was simple. Vamp did give me some trouble though...

Mercury Shadow
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:32 PM
I guess I am the odd man out! Fatman took me about 6 tries, and vamp was no trouble, 1st time.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Honestly both were pretty easy,the trouble is the bosses at the end espically on extreme

Spirit
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:47 PM
fatman was really hard on extreme mode and caused me to frequently get pissed off, although he's a pushover on other modes, as long as you can keep shooting him and not letting him escape =P

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:54 PM
The thing with extreme is that you die so fast,2 shots and your dead