PDA

View Full Version : Oxm

Infernal Mass
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:15 PM
these guys need a new distribution company or something. I still haven't recieved my new issue and it's been on store shelves for about a week and a half. Aren't the subscribers supposed to get the mag first.

Is anyone here a subscriber if so how long ago did you get yours?

KraftSLU
Oct 8th, 2002, 11:14 PM
OXM is the biggest piece of crap gaming mag company ever. Not only are they late getting stuff out to loyal subscribers, but they aren't getting near as many cool demos out on discs as they promised. All in all I hope they go bankrupt and some other company with half a brain between them picks up the job instead.

happy_doughnut
Oct 9th, 2002, 01:00 AM
^ :sarcasm: Man, what would the world be without these fanboys... ugh.

Anyway, you're right. Where way into October already ( at least enough to receive the mags. ) and I haven't received mine, either :disturb: Although, I haven't seen them out at stores yet.
BUT... a " friend " already got his, or so he said. He claims that his was delivered promptly.
Well, I don't know what the hell this is... but " I wan't it ! And I wan't it now ! "

Infernal Mass
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:23 PM
still no mag for me in the mail..:disturb: ..it may show up on saturday.

I hope i don't get it like on the 20th of the month or something. I've heard of people recieving theirs that late before..if this happens more than once i'm going to seriously reconsider renewing my subscription.

Frozen
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:48 AM
Is it really worth it to get suscribed to a gaming magazine when you have the internet to look for anything related to video games?

Beretta55
Oct 11th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Frozen
Is it really worth it to get suscribed to a gaming magazine when you have the internet to look for anything related to video games?
damn he found us out run!! *run's away*:laugh: well maybe some other people pefer game mag's for info while other's go on the internet. i pefer the mag...cause i hate searching on the comp for something that might take forever...i hate it!! i dont have OXM nor heard of it *prepare's to be beaten to death* but i get game informer anyway.

Infernal Mass
Oct 11th, 2002, 05:22 AM
The main reason i subscribed was for the demo disc that is packaged with each new issue. This new issue (#12) has videos for both upcoming Team Ninja games Ninja Gaiden and DOAX. (both in high quality)

It's an alright magazine, as far as information .. it's no EGM. Although they have some exclusive content from time to time.

Frozen
Oct 11th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Don't get me wrong, mate, I don't see anything wrong in gaming magazines. I used to get one several years ago in the good old days of the SNES, to get that magazine just made me immensly happy. But by then, I did not even have access to the internet.

And now, I just feel it's some sort of waste of money... it sure can save you time, but the internet is an infinitely bigger database, I think.

But yes, it's nicer to read text in paper than in the PC screen... but I dunno, as I said, I think it's some sort of waste of money for ppl who have acces to the internet (and that access it daily)

Infernal Mass
Oct 11th, 2002, 05:35 AM
< is still waiting for the new issue of oxm

the information portion of the mag is a waste of money for me. Most of the news in OXm is old by the time i get my issue. Sometimes they have exclusives,..but that's like 4-5 pages out of the whole mag.

Sleazy P Martini
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by DigiMortal
Aren't the subscribers supposed to get the mag first.

Actually I think its the other way around. I subscribe to PSM and I always get my mag late. But hey, I save so much cash by subscribing, I don't care.

Infernal Mass
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:15 PM
:laugh: that hasn't happen to me yet. I wouldn't be surprised though if they did send me a renew notice soon, even though i'm paid up well into next year.