PDA

View Full Version : What's The most recent anime you've seen?

PerfectD1184
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:13 PM
The latest Anime that I've viewed is Rurouni Kenshin. This has got to be one of the best samurai style animes I've ever seen. I especially like the way Kenshin Himura talks, and Sanosuke is one helluva tough guy.

Pu the Owl
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:16 PM
mmm let me think.. the most recent anime...

*thinks*

Noir, but only few episodes. I'm still watching it!

MADRUCKIS
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:54 PM
*twirls hair in hand and thinks

I just finished seeing Hellsing episodes 4-6 again cause I wanted to understand it more
Other than that- I'm about to watch the Beserk series. I just got the box set and I saw by the toy that the man has a gigantic sword..........so it can't suck!

*notices that he doesn't have hair to twirl and goes to get ice for his head

Frozen
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:33 AM
The 2 most recent animes I have seen (although not for the first time at all) are Bastard!! (got the complete collection DVD) and Street Fighter II V (the first voluem, contains 7 episodes and there's another 3 volumes I got to buy)

I had seen SF2 V quite some years ago (about 4 or 5) and I really loved that anime, a lot. Never again I was able to see it (they didn't have the TV show no more) so until recently that I got DVD player in my PS2 and got money to waste on it, got the pleasure to buy it :D

Next I have planned to buy the Blue Seed Collection and all the Hellsing DVD's that have been released up to date.

I got questions about two animes:

1) Outlaw Star: Anyone knows how long is this sereis, and/or how many DVD's are out there for it?

2) COWBOY BEBOP: the same questions as for Outlaw Star.

REChick14
Oct 8th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Well the recent anime is the one im watching now. Its G Gundam. I love that series.

1) Outlaw Star: Anyone knows how long is this sereis, and/or how many DVD's are out there for it?

As for your question Frozen theres 3 DVDs out for Outlaw star. They have them on Ebay. Theres 26 episodes in all.

Ruby Moon
Oct 8th, 2002, 05:33 AM
"Berserk" and "Grave of the fireflies", both good titles if you ask me.

merylsilverburg
Oct 8th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
I got questions about two animes:

2) COWBOY BEBOP: the same questions as for Outlaw Star.

Like REChick said, there are three DVDs but there's also the Perfect Collection which comes in a special box set which has specials and more.

Cowboy Bebop, there's 6 DVDs and there's 26 episodes, but you can get the Perfect Collection as well...comes in a special box set and has specials.

Haven't seen too much anime lately, but recently saw: I, My, Me Strawberry Egg! and Phantom: Phantom of Inferno.

Cannibal Clown
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:20 PM
ummm... let me think. I haven't been watching much anime lately, so sadly enough, the last anime i've seen was what i bought like over a month ago, hellsing.

It's cool, but i only have one dvd, and still have to get off my ass to buy the second volume, "blood brothers"

So that's all i got i guess.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Yeah CC-definately check out the Blood Brothers episodes. If you like foul mouthed funny a$$ villians who just don't shut up even when the chips are down....you'll respect Yon....lol

Hey Meryl, how's it goin?
Well, I heard about the CB perfect collection and I can't bloody find it. It's out? Are you sure?
Well anyways.....might as well update what I'm watchin

I'm finishing the Fusion Saga and I'm goininto the Kid Bu Saga in two weeks. I'm also watchin Dragon Ball just because it's not seeming too kiddie for me anymore. Dunno whats the difference.

Frozen
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the info, my fair ladies :) I just want to ask this to make sure: 26 episodes IN TOTAL for each series? or 26 is what has been released? (but there's still more to come out)

Oh, and I finished watching the 6 OAV's of Bastard!! what a lame ass disappointment. they leave on you one of the biggest cliffhangers you can ever see (even worse than that in Hellsing, yes) and worst of all is that no more anime at all is coming out. god, I am so freaking pissed!!!! :mad:

And hey MADRUCKIS, DBZ is always a fun thing to watch. ON of my favorite animes ever.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:16 PM
DBZ is a definate........I look past all it's set backs and just enjoy it.

Now Dragon Ball is different. Just saw the tournament with Jackie Chun and I couldn't stop smirkin the way it all played out. Crazy.

I just found out today that DBZ is based on a religion...an old manuscript of beleifs in lower and upper gods-of gaurdians of earth and sky. Pretty cool, eh? Never knew that.

LaiN
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Now I'm watching Ayashi No Ceres, only 1 episode to go. Few days ago I started Love Hina but wanted to finish Ayashi before I began a other. Last night I saw Blood - The Last Vampire. And Dragon Ball Z everyday on tv.

LaiN

Frozen
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS

I just found out today that DBZ is based on a religion...an old manuscript of beleifs in lower and upper gods-of gaurdians of earth and sky. Pretty cool, eh? Never knew that.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell me more about it :D

and yes, DB is pretty hilarious, probably the funniest anime I have ever seen, probably no other anime will ever make me laugh so much as this one has (maybe Ranma gets to the point) And yes, it's awsome how all of the characters have such "complex" backgrounds, how they show the many experiences they've had. It's just awsome.

merylsilverburg
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Yeah CC-definately check out the Blood Brothers episodes. If you like foul mouthed funny a$$ villians who just don't shut up even when the chips are down....you'll respect Yon....lol

Yeah, he's an a$$ alright. :laugh:

Hey Meryl, how's it goin?
Well, I heard about the CB perfect collection and I can't bloody find it. It's out? Are you sure?

I'm doing well, how 'bout yourself? :)
As for the Perfect Collection, yeah it's been out....for a long time already. Since it's really rare and only limited copies were made, that's probably why you can't find it anymore. But, ah...it's a beauty if you ever see it. :)

Thanks for the info, my fair ladies :) I just want to ask this to make sure: 26 episodes IN TOTAL for each series? or 26 is what has been released? (but there's still more to come out)

26 episodes total for both Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop. So, episode 26 is the last episode.

Daedaelus
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Hmmm...

I think it was Akira, for about the fifth time, but thats old.

The most recent *new* anime I saw was Escaflowne.

DragonSphere
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:07 PM
End of Evangelion for me...didn't make sense whatsoever.

merylsilverburg
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by DragonSphere
End of Evangelion for me...didn't make sense whatsoever.

I believe you would have to see the TV series, then Death and Rebirth, and finally End of Evangelion in order for it to make...some sense. :right:

DragonSphere
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:53 PM
I saw a good 18-20 episodes of the original (subtitled) episodes, but then again, that was about 8 months ago. And I was going to see Death and Rebirth first, but Blockbuster didn't have it. So I just rented End instead.

merylsilverburg
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Ah, I see. Yeah, I finally figured it out...Death and Rebirth comes before End of Evangelion, so if you see End first, there would be confusion. :heh:

PerfectD1184
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:06 PM
I saw EoE before DaR, but it still made sense to me.

Frozen
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by PerfectD1184
I saw EoE before DaR, but it still made sense to me.

I'm almost sure that's because you had already seen the complete series, so you knew what was going on. But for the ones who have not watched the series completely, or the series at all, then it can be a hell of confusion.

merylsilverburg
Oct 13th, 2002, 06:53 AM

I'm almost sure that's because you had already seen the complete series, so you knew what was going on. But for the ones who have not watched the series completely, or the series at all, then it can be a hell of confusion.

Exactly. Or, if you haven't seen the TV in a long time and decide to watch the movies...then it's confusing as well.

Have to update my latest anime. I just finished watching Sakura Taisen: OVA 2 (Sakura Wars: OVA 2) which I enjoyed very much. That opening theme song can get stuck in your head for a while....*walks away humming the tune*

Darkness 4 Hire
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Best anime ever to me is Princess Mononoke...best series is Outalw Star. Those are my recent movies.

Miki
Oct 18th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Last series for me are Love Hina (that really sucks IMO) and Berserk (pretty good one, not my fave though).

| Gotriunks |
Oct 21st, 2002, 05:09 PM
I Would Think Hellsing ones Recent Anime By How the Actions are been done.

Pu the Owl
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:38 AM
I think by "most recent" anime they meant the "latest" anime you've seen :P

Daedaelus
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:51 PM
Just saw "Ghost in the Shell", only one word describes it: beautiful! The visuals are so fluid. :cool:

Noki Noki
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:41 PM
Its been a while since I got my hands on anything new..
I'd say the latest anime I've seen were Excel Saga (episode 8) and Arc the Lad (episode 1).

._. I'm rather attached to Excel Saga now..