PDA

View Full Version : I have to buy my console...

Zoe
Sep 30th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Which console do you suggest me to buy? I only have the old PSX, so I haven't played many times games from the new consoles and I can't choose because they all seem good to me.
I only tell you that I like mostly playing RPGs.
I'll check this later to see if you have any ideas.

Please, help me choosing, thanks!

Daedaelus
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:46 PM
GameCube if you like adventure games...

PS2 if you like horror/shoot-em-ups...

X-BOX if you want to waster your money...

Obviously if you like RPG's, then PS2 is the best choice, since it holds a good holding of Squaresoft.

GaseousSnake
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:14 AM
Get the ps2 it has alot of RPGs.

But if you want a very strong(and i mean strong lineup)go for the GC.

Frozen
Oct 1st, 2002, 02:13 PM
My suggestion would be a PS2. that was the first one I bought after PSX. Final Fantasy X is the best game I have ever played, I think. And then there's Kingdom Hearts and some other RPG's coming around. Good luck in your choice :D

AudioBoxer
Oct 1st, 2002, 05:54 PM
PS2 all the way!!!

MakgSnake
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:48 PM
You Want Games?. You Want LOTS Of Games. You Want Lots Of Games With Different Genre? You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games?

There Is Only One ANSWER.

PLAYSTATION2

merylsilverburg
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
You Want Games?. You Want LOTS Of Games. You Want Lots Of Games With Different Genre? You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games?

There Is Only One ANSWER.

PLAYSTATION2

Um, yeah, like what he said. :D But no seriously, PS2 really is the console you should get if you're into RPGs and want to explore different genres since this console has basically everything.
If it was a cross between the GC and Xbox, I'd say the GC. I own an Xbox and so far, there isn't that many good games on it...only two that I'm interested in and one that I'm waiting for in the future.

Daedaelus
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
Final Fantasy X is the best game I have ever played, I think.

You haven't played too many games, have you?

Daedaelus
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

You haven't played too many games, have you?

You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? - GameCube, Square's Q-Fund is going to make games for NGC now.

You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? - Starfox Adventures; Supre Mario Sunshine

You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? - Waverace: Blue Storm; F-ZERO GC (Coming soon)

You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? - Metroid Prime; Too Human (2nd Quarter 2003)

You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games? - NCAA Football 2003; Madden 2003

There is only one answer

Nintendo GameCube

I can defend GameCube forever! :cool:

Uchiha Sasuke
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:30 PM
Ok if you like RPG's the ps2 is the system to get right now.Its got the largest selection availble and has some real great quality games.The xbox is just now hitting its stride and is coming out or will be coming out with some dazzling games.Look for Star Wars Kotor later on.The GC on the other hand doesn't have much to offer yet.Its got some big titles,star fox,mario,RE but theres not to much more until later this year and earlier next year.But if you want something now that will give you great joy get a ps2.

jjmoohead
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:51 AM

You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? - GameCube, Square's Q-Fund is going to make games for NGC now.

You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? - Starfox Adventures; Supre Mario Sunshine

You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? - Waverace: Blue Storm; F-ZERO GC (Coming soon)

You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? - Metroid Prime; Too Human (2nd Quarter 2003)

You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games? - NCAA Football 2003; Madden 2003

There is only one answer

Nintendo GameCube

I can defend GameCube forever! :cool:

Well all those games are good picks, but remember that NCAA Football and Madden 2003 are not Extreme Sports. Extreme, is MX Superfly, Tony Hawk, 3 and 4, Dave Mirra BMX, just to name a few. There are so many descent titles in that area for PS2. I'm not sure how you compair a racing game like Waveracer to a game like GT3 and Mario to GTA3 though.

So although you made a good point on some Gamecube upcomming games and some of what if offers, I still have to say PS2 is the way to go......for now.

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:29 AM

I Could Have Noted Down All The OTHER Titles U Wrote, And Could Have Defended Them!.!

But HOLD On A Second!.! Square's Q-Fund Is GOING To Make Games, HAVE THEY?......... The Guy Wants To PLAY The GAME As Soon As HE Brings Home HIS CONSOLE!.! NOT WAIT For TWO YEARS To Play A Freaking GAME!.! And WHATEVER Comes On GC, I Seriously Dont Think It Would MATCH Up With "FFX" And Upcoming "FFXI" FFXII", And Already Released Games Like "Kingdom Hearts".

As For ADVENTURE Games. Oooh U Make Me Laugh!.! (But Hey Its Ure Opinion. So Its COOL) But Phhaallleeeaasseee.....Do Not EVEN Try Comparing MARIO DUMSHINE And STARFOX WHATEVER TO "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty" And "Devil May Cry" Or "GTA3"........ No No No!.! :D :nono: :D

XboxKiller
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:47 PM

I Could Have Noted Down All The OTHER Titles U Wrote, And Could Have Defended Them!.!

But HOLD On A Second!.! Square's Q-Fund Is GOING To Make Games, HAVE THEY?......... The Guy Wants To PLAY The GAME As Soon As HE Brings Home HIS CONSOLE!.! NOT WAIT For TWO YEARS To Play A Freaking GAME!.! And WHATEVER Comes On GC, I Seriously Dont Think It Would MATCH Up With "FFX" And Upcoming "FFXI" FFXII", And Already Released Games Like "Kingdom Hearts".

As For ADVENTURE Games. Oooh U Make Me Laugh!.! (But Hey Its Ure Opinion. So Its COOL) But Phhaallleeeaasseee.....Do Not EVEN Try Comparing MARIO DUMSHINE And STARFOX WHATEVER TO "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty" And "Devil May Cry" Or "GTA3"........ No No No!.! :D :nono: :D

damn right. look at mario and gta vice city. anyways gc is good but if you want to stick with the best it has to be
PLAYSTATION2. trust me it has a ton of differnt rpg's not like the xbox and gc thats only have like two or four.

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:46 PM
The Guy Wants To PLAY The GAME As Soon As HE Brings Home HIS CONSOLE!.!

I missed the part in his post that says: "Hey guys, I want a system than I can bring home and immediately start playing RPG's"

Do Not EVEN Try Comparing MARIO DUMSHINE And STARFOX WHATEVER TO "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty" And "Devil May Cry" Or "GTA3"........ No No No!.!

And why not? Mario Sunshine and Starfox Adventures are as good, if not better than "GTA3", "Devil May Cry", and "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Whatever."

Now, I'm not accusing you of anything, but your posts make you sound like a typical fanboy...

As For ADVENTURE Games. Oooh U Make Me Laugh!.!

I make you laugh? You're the one who's comments are hillarious. All the games you mentioned are shootem-ups, and I'm not exactly sure what genre GTA3 comes in.

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:57 PM
Look at the RPG's comin out...Legaia Duel Saga, Suidoken III, FF XI and XII, Xenosaga, Wild Arms III, Grandia Xtreme, Breath of Fire V etc.

You like RPG's eh? Option the PS2.

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:58 PM
If you like beautiful graphics, I still reccomend buying a GC, just wait for Square games to come out for it.

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:32 PM
I'm not exactly sure what genre GTA3 comes in.
U Dont KNow?....... Damn, U Shouldn't Be SPEAKING At All Then!.!

And No..... Mario Dumshine And StarFox Does Not Come Close Devil May Cry / Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty.

And Again U KEEP SAYING "Just Wait Till Square Games".. Damn Man. Why Wait. When He CAN PLAY "FFX" And "Kingdom Hearts" Right Away.

And That Square Q-Fund. .. Might Make Some Nice Games. But FINAL FANTASY (The BEST RPG FRANSHISE) Is Playstation Exclusive!.! Sim (POLE)

Uchiha Sasuke
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:41 PM

And No..... Mario Dumshine And StarFox Does Not Come Close Devil May Cry / Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty.

And Again U KEEP SAYING "Just Wait Till Square Games".. Damn Man. Why Wait. When He CAN PLAY "FFX" And "Kingdom Hearts" Right Away.

And That Square Q-Fund. .. Might Make Some Nice Games. But FINAL FANTASY (The BEST RPG FRANSHISE) Is Playstation Exclusive!.! Sim (POLE)

Makg please dont be so based.Those games mario and star fox are incredibly good and very in depth.Makg play games not systems (Blackthornn quote).ZOE just buy a system for what you want.You want a great source of RPG's get a ps2.If your interested in a system beside it i would suggest getting the xbox first mainly because we know what games are coming and its titles are going to be strong.GC wont get a great selection of big titles until atleast summer of next year.

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:45 PM

Oooh... nice comeback there MakgSnake. I'm just going to hide in my little corner now....

You reserve the right to judge this because...?

Must I quote you or myself again? This person is not saying "I must play an RPG as soon as I get a system"

Again, another fanboy comment. And how are you going to say that Q-FUND "might" make some nice games. If you like FF, then you should expect a wonderful game for GC, or is there some kind of conspiracy that Square might do a half-assed job for the company that they originally used to work for?

'Nuffsaid.

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:56 PM
Huh?...... He Says Hes Intrested In RPGs..... Oh So I CANT SAY... Play RPGs Right Away With Ure SYSTEM, Unless He Writes It Down?...

And Halo Man, Those Games Might Be GOOD. For The SYSTEM Like GC. But When Compared On An OverAll Bases. They Dont MATCH!.!

And Q-Fund, May Make Good Games. Not Everybody Is ALWAYS Perfect!.! U Should BE Know That Iguana.

Whatever Q-Fund Makes. It'll Never Be Final Fantasy. So Final Fantasy Will Never Come On GC. Atleast For The Time Being!.!

And LOL.......At That "What A ComeBack".........Damn, Dumb!.!

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:00 PM

Now that you have no answer, you're going to drop to curses? That's pretty low...

But When Compared On An OverAll Bases. They Dont MATCH!.!

What the hell are you trying to say? "Overall bases", wtf is that?

Makg please dont be so based.Those games mario and star fox are incredibly good and very in depth.Makg play games not systems (Blackthornn quote)

Thank-you for the support SSSnake.

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
Not Low, Just Letting U Know, No Ones Making A Come Back Here. Just Mentioning Their Opinions. Which U Dont Happen To Get.

And OverAllBases....... Dont Know?..... Oh How Sad!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:05 PM
Huh?...... He Says Hes Intrested In RPGs..... Oh So I CANT SAY... Play RPGs Right Away With Ure SYSTEM, Unless He Writes It Down?...

And Halo Man, Those Games Might Be GOOD. For The SYSTEM Like GC. But When Compared On An OverAll Bases. They Dont MATCH!.!

And Q-Fund, May Make Good Games. Not Everybody Is ALWAYS Perfect!.! U Should BE Know That Iguana.

Whatever Q-Fund Makes. It'll Never Be Final Fantasy. So Final Fantasy Will Never Come On GC. Atleast For The Time Being!.!

Makg when a system has been out more than the other 2 its going to have alot more good games,i hope you know that.Your being baised when saying certain game are way better than others and stuff like that.Thats bashing.Just try to make your opinions a little less harsh.

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Just try to make your opinions a little less harsh.
Aight Man, My Bad I Suppose!.!

REChick14
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:22 PM
Actually there will be one final fantasy for Gamecube. Its called Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronical. But I think only Japan will be recieving this game. No plans have been made to ship the game to the U.S. Its coming out in 2003 for anyone that wants to know.;)

p.s. Makgsnake if u read this clean out ur message box. I have to tell u something.

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:28 PM
Aight Man, My Bad I Suppose!.!

Hey Makg, it's cool for you to say that. I never wanted to argue with you, I just think it's unfair that most people refuse to accept that PS2 is not the ultimate system. :)

merylsilverburg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:43 PM

Hey Makg, it's cool for you to say that. I never wanted to argue with you, I just think it's unfair that most people refuse to accept that PS2 is not the ultimate system. :)

We had problems of that kind extremely early in the year...along with some Xbox fanboys who came over and created a huge mess for The Other Consoles forum. Hopefully, people now see that all 3 consoles have their strong points and there's really no "bad" console. Well..at least, that's how I feel.

Back to the topic, I'm sure that the Xbox or GC will come up with some good RPGs in the upcoming year(s), but if ZOE wants to play RPGs right now, it's best to stick with the PS2. :)

Harry
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:56 PM

MakgSnake, for this and all the similar statements you made here, I have to say you are 100% biased. Super Mario Sunshine is a wonderful game, close to perfection, and StarFox Adventures is an highly enjoyable, well-developed title. And trust me, there are thousands of players who prefer to play a straigthforward adventure instead than Metal Gear Solid 2.

Now, this is the most biased thing I've read in this post, and a RPG enthusiast could really answer you in a bad way here. Makg, I don't know if you have ever played a true RPG, but Final Fantasy has little to do with the freedom, non-linear gameplay that's supposed to be in the genre.

And finally, moderate your tone here. The Playstation 2 is not a god. It has its limits, and both Xbox and GameCube have their strong points over Sony's system.

Zoe
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the help anyway. Hope my question didn't cause a mess...
I'll go for Playstation 2 probably, since it seems to have the largest number plus best quality for RPGs at the moment.

Thanks again and sorry for the troubles.

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Zoe

Thanks again and sorry for the troubles.

None whatsoever. Have fun gaming! :)

Frozen
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:07 AM
I just think that Makg has not been in the best of moods lately XD

To each their own. Nintendo is getting strong in the adventure thing, PS2 in the RPG thing, and X Box in the action thing... but then PS2 is also quite strong in the fighting thing but then X Box as well..... and then Shinobi is coming out soon for PS2, but then Ninja Gaiden will come for X Box in the not so far future..........

And with Halo and MGS 2 in their respective systems... what can be for GC.... Metroid Prime? Possibly. Although I hope it to be much more than just a FPS.

Alas, is just too difficult to say: This is the best system.

But ZOE, I'm glad your gnna get a PS2. IT's indeed a great system and you will not regret it. And currently, I'm afraid is the best choice if you want it for RPG's........ that's the first one I got. Then last week I got a dreamcast mainly for it's fighting games and it's magical crackeable features :D ). And I have resolved my mind to buy me an X Box shortly. I fell quite fortunate I've got he money for all that... because i know that in a future I'll buy a GC as well.

... Makg, I don't know if you have ever played a true RPG, but Final Fantasy has little to do with the freedom, non-linear gameplay that's supposed to be in the genre.

Harry, I think I see your point. could you give us some examples of a "true" RPG? I'm asking out of curiosity, not intending to argue against your statement.

Harry
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Frozen
Harry, I think I see your point. could you give us some examples of a "true" RPG? I'm asking out of curiosity, not
intending to argue against your statement.

Hey no problem, but remember that I didn't intend to question the quality of FFX, but the statement that it's the best RPG ever.

You know, the classic Role Playing Genre is based on a concept: build your character, create his strengths and weaknesses, define its role, live your own story.

The Final Fantasy series created what can be considered a classic RPG "console" genre, much more user-friendly than so many other PC RPGs, but it's also a system that gives the player less freedom because is heavily story-driven - and sincerely Final Fantasy X offers even less freedom than any other previous game of the series - its linearity is typical of an adventure game, not of a RPG.

I'll try to explain myself a bit better. In Final Fantasy X you can modify your character, give him/her certain attributes, but his/her path, the story of the character, and even the way in which you go from point A to point B of this story, is entirely pre-determined.

One can love this kind of game structure - it has also the advantage of letting the game designers to create strong, well defined characters (and from this point of view, I can still say that Cloud from Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game character of all times, together with James from Silent Hill 2). But this advantage goes against the assumptions of the genre - it's still role-playing, because you play within a defined role, but there isn't the role-creating part, which is one of the most creative things offered to the player by the RPG genre.

So basically, a true RPG should offer the player the possibility to 1. create his character 2. play in the way that fits his role 3. travel in the in-game world in the direction he prefers.

A classic RPG, to make an example that everybody knows, is Morrowind from Bethesda (but also the previous Elder Scrolls games) - actually, it takes the assumptions of the genre to the point where it becomes a revolution into the genre: Morrowind gives the player complete freedom. You're basically thrown into a game world and you can explore it in every direction, do everything, play in every role, avoiding the (excellent) main quest, interacting with more than 2,000 non playable characters...

Actually, there would be tons of other considerations/exceptions to write here, enough to write a boog, also because we should consider that RPG elements are now featured in almost every game.

Frozen
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:03 AM
Ah, thanks for your explanation. That makes me think more or less about table games like dungeons and Dragons... you make a "resume" for your char, and all that, right? But chance also comes to play it's part so you don't make an invincible character.

Now that we're talking about this..... ppl always looks at me lik if I was stupid whn I say that games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill are RPG's... of course they can not avoid being survival horror, but you definitely get completely attached to the character's experiences and it really makes you feel you are assuming his/her role. But since these games are so linear (although silent Hill was a little bit different on that part, and I still have to beat SH2)

That's why I think now that FFXI has such a great feature... that is to crete your own char. But as for what I've read, this game will lack of other freedoms, I think.

Man, you gave me a new game (Morrowind) on my list of future X Box games whenever I get that console .

Whoa, and now this has gone quite off topic. Sorry about that XD

Harry
Oct 4th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Yeah, of course Final Fantasy XI is a whole different story - is a massive multiplayer online RPG, and there is really no other choice than offering the players the possibility to create their character. There are many limits in the freedom of the game, first of all the fact that you can't attack other human players - but it's a development choice that was created after the problems caused by player to player battles in other online RPGs.

And about the thing you said about Resident Evil and silent Hill... it's true... you are completely abosrbed into the character, and from this point of view, you are really playing a role.

And Morrowind... just imagine you're thrown into this unknown land, just imagine to have a map of this land, and just imagine that you can go everywhere, enter in every building, discover dozens of secret dungeons, places, travel from city to city... it's probably the most realistic offline virtual world ever created, despite a few bugs present in the game.

XboxKiller
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:07 PM

I make you laugh? You're the one who's comments are hillarious. All the games you mentioned are shootem-ups, and I'm not exactly sure what genre GTA3 comes in.

your getting me mad with all your sorry comments about the ps2.come on you know its the best system out there:frust:

merylsilverburg
Oct 4th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by XboxKiller

your getting me mad with all your sorry comments about the ps2.come on you know its the best system out there:frust:

PS2 is the best system out there...in some people's opinions. Others might think differently. They might like the PS2, but not think it's the best console ever. We have to respect everyone's opinions on this topic. Please let's try not to start a war in here....again...:zzz:

Daedaelus
Oct 4th, 2002, 05:31 PM

come on you know its the best system out there:frust:

Prove it. Support your statements, don't just come here and randomly say: "PS2 is the best system"

Infernal Mass
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:13 PM
:sarcasm: excellent Iguana, throw gasoline into the fire.

Daedaelus
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal
:sarcasm: excellent Iguana, throw gasoline into the fire.

You just love starting flame wars dont you DigiMortal? Who started this? XBoxKiller did, he said I was "making him mad".

Why do you do this? Do you like to be embarassed or something?

Sid554
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:28 PM

This is exactly the kind of crap we don't need here. Hasn't everybody had enough of this console wars sh*t by now? Geesh.....enough already.

merylsilverburg
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:29 PM
You know, I'm quite sure that this thread will be closed since this is getting quite out of hand. First off, ZOE only wanted to know which console to get. Everyone posted their suggestions and all....but now this is becoming another "which console is the best?" war. We don't want anymore of this to start, otherwise the Other Consoles forum will be closed permanently....can everyone just please stop with the whole flame wars, console wars, and all?

Infernal Mass
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:34 PM

You just love starting flame wars dont you DigiMortal?

:sarcasm: Actually it seems you love to provoke people into one.

Who started this? XBoxKiller did, he said I was "making him mad".

:sarcasm: spoken like a true 4 year old

Daedaelus
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:39 PM

:sarcasm: Actually it seems you love to provoke people into one.

:sarcasm: Actually it seems like you like to follow my posts. Plus, I was defending my self, I guess when I was arguing with you in the other topic, and you were replying, that starts a flame war.

Secondly, I think it's pretty clear now that you seem to be the root cause if a flame war erupts here. You see, you like to provoke me into a flame war.

Daedaelus
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:48 PM
spoken like a true 4 year old

Oh my God, thats it, I'm done here. You just don't know when to quit, do you DigiMortal? I'm done arguing here, before I get banned for something I'm not starting.

Ruby Moon
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
You know, I'm quite sure that this thread will be closed since this is getting quite out of hand. First off, ZOE only wanted to know which console to get. Everyone posted their suggestions and all....but now this is becoming another "which console is the best?" war. We don't want anymore of this to start, otherwise the Other Consoles forum will be closed permanently....can everyone just please stop with the whole flame wars, console wars, and all?

From what I've read, Zoe was asking which console to get to play RPGs. This also means she wants a console with a good amount of RPG games available to buy. She haven't asked "Which console is the best?" or "Which console is your fave among all?". Am I wrong?
So, I think the last part of this thread is going off topic.

Infernal Mass
Oct 4th, 2002, 07:02 PM
your absolutely correct Ruby, it wasn't until Iguana hijacked the thread and instigated a cosole debate that things turned ugly.

Daedaelus
Oct 4th, 2002, 07:11 PM
your absolutely correct Ruby, it wasn't until Iguana hijacked the thread and instigated a cosole debate that things turned ugly.

Ok, thats it! I've taken enough of this abuse from you peacefully. Admins and mods, I apologize for this.

You are such a retard DigiMortal, I'm shocked. You hijacked this thread, moron. Read the first two pages, where I posted my opinions about each system, and where MakgSnake debated against me. And, then, after posting this last post, you have the audacity to blame the war on me?! I left this post, and said, I'm not going to particiapte in a flame war any longer. You, however, continue to bad-mouth me, that too behind my back! Ever since I first poted my opinion about fighting games, you've been following my posts and continuously started a flame war with me. What is your problem? I mean, when in hell are you going to stop pursuing me?

Harry
Oct 4th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Damn it, more than a person here lose the control on the situation. You should all really take it easy. We are speaking of video games here, that's supposed to be F-U-N.

There is no "best console". There is no "best game". Nothing. There are just the things YOU like, and things YOU don't. You might think Mario is just a little hairy plumber, you might think that Solid Snake is just the classic American macho man with a bad haircut, you might even think that the Xbox is more sexy than the Ps2, and you know what's great? You could be always right.

Enjoy the games, enjoy the console you like. This forum is here to ask help, like Zoe did, and it's here to discuss about the things you like of your GameCube, Xbox, GBA, Dreamcast etc. etc. Take things less seriously.