PDA

View Full Version : Singers

Hylas
Feb 8th, 2002, 05:35 PM
I'm just curious: I bet anyone here loves music, even if you have personal and different tastes.

But I'd like to know if you prefer more male or female singers.

I prefer male, not because I'm a girl, but because I think there are not many good female singers who are not just crappy popsters :p
While I think lots of amazing bands and solo artists are male, and they have great voices too. Even those who don't have excellent voices, have a sort of personal style, so I think they're talented after all.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 8th, 2002, 05:51 PM
I perfer male as well. NOT BOY BANDS THOUGH! I HATE THEM!!!
I like the more rock and roll types who still know how to make a beat.

But I love all the Japanese singer females I've heard. Their voices just seem to really sound nice and are really good for smooth melody and sound.

But I hate rap without any sort of tune in the background. If it's just a bunch of drums in the song and a guy saying how much better he is than everyone else, that's not even music, that's an angry guy yelling over the hills.

I brought that up because i just heard a japanese rap song sung by a girl yesterday and thought is was terrible.

Rei
Feb 8th, 2002, 06:42 PM
I like male singers mostly. But like CC, not boy bands and not rappers :P

IcyMourdor
Feb 8th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Seriously, could you imagine what it would sound like if there was a female singer in Metallica or System of a Down?

Male singers are much better, but nobody better question my sexuality.

Rei
Feb 8th, 2002, 07:06 PM
I don't think it's a matter of sexuality.
In fact I said I like better male singers, but I admit there are great female singers too. Some bands are good only with a female voice, some others with male voice.
Imagine Courtney Love as a man... oh well, wrong example...maybe she really is a man :rolleyes:

Cannibal Clown
Feb 8th, 2002, 07:20 PM
When it comes to actual singing voice, I have to say female, because their voices just sound more musically well.

But when it comes to a voice that suites the kind of music I like, (very loud and fast) the males voice seems to fit the song better.
But I don't like the chicks who think they can rap or the ones who sound like they're having an orgasm when they're singing. Like that new song Slave from Britney Spears. Honestly, give me a break.

jenova_jeb
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:51 PM
I prefer male singers for the music I listen to. I can't imagine a girl singing Papercut (Linkin Park), or Alive (POD) and sounding good.

MakgSnake
Feb 9th, 2002, 02:30 PM
FEMALE Singers

Natalie, Alanis!

But In Eastern Songs... I'd Say MALE SINGERS

Junoon, Junaid Jamshed, Udit Narayan

LoRd BanShee
Feb 9th, 2002, 04:16 PM
MOURDOR METALLICA AND SYSTEM OF A DOWN R MY FAV BANDS TOO DUDE!!!

BowevelJoe
Feb 9th, 2002, 04:58 PM
my type of music doesnt have to many good female singers, the female singing groups that i listen to would be Garbage, Guano Apes, the Cranberries, and i think thats about all. Hah read my story about boy bands in the fan fiction thread Pointless crap by me, that will give you my opinion on em lol. stupid blood sucking leaches, they are fat mooches to the music industry.

Rap and country=other types of music this world could live without, rap is crap, and country is 70% depressing its all about drinking, animals dieng, and breaking up with loved ones...

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 11:44 PM
Male singers all the way.Espically scott stapp from creed,that guy rules

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:10 AM
Ah....I don't listen to American music anymore, it's all Japanese music in my CD case! :D But, I prefef guys than girls. It seems to me that (in Japanese music) girl bands break up faster than guy bands. For example, there's this girl band in Japan called SPEED and they basically sing pop music. I only got their albums, 'cause they were the most popular girl band at the time, and I was new and naive to Japanese music. But, they broke up 'cause they wanted to go solo. I agree with Cannibal, I don't think Japanese girls (or guys) should sing rap. Omigod....my ears. One of the members in that SPEED group loves everything to do with blacks; she's got the long nails, the braided-hair, the attitude...don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist, I just don't think Asians should try to be black 'cause it's embarrasing, especially if they've got an accent. But, I listen to guy bands and they're not exactly pop or boy bands, 'cause I listen to Japanese Rock (J-Rock) and it's slightly mixed with Japanese Pop. But, I love GLAY, Aucifer, SMAP, Judy and Mary, and a few others....can't think of them right now.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Ah....I don't listen to American music anymore, it's all Japanese music in my CD case! :D But, I prefef guys than girls. It seems to me that (in Japanese music) girl bands break up faster than guy bands. For example, there's this girl band in Japan called SPEED and they basically sing pop music. I only got their albums, 'cause they were the most popular girl band at the time, and I was new and naive to Japanese music. But, they broke up 'cause they wanted to go solo. I agree with Cannibal, I don't think Japanese girls (or guys) should sing rap. Omigod....my ears. One of the members in that SPEED group loves everything to do with blacks; she's got the long nails, the braided-hair, the attitude...don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist, I just don't think Asians should try to be black 'cause it's embarrasing, especially if they've got an accent. But, I listen to guy bands and they're not exactly pop or boy bands, 'cause I listen to Japanese Rock (J-Rock) and it's slightly mixed with Japanese Pop. But, I love GLAY, Aucifer, SMAP, Judy and Mary, and a few others....can't think of them right now.

You listen to japanese music EEK!!!!!!!!!!!I cant stand that stuff

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:34 AM
Sorry, SSSnake...but I can't help it! For some reason, it's very soothing and relaxing for me....even when it's heavy metal, it sounds really good. Maybe you don't like it 'cause you can't understand the language. Or, whatever the reason, it's cool. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:37 AM
No im just to obsessed with creed and metallica to listen to anything else.When i hear other bands i yell out they have nothing on creed or metallica.Im stubborn

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:45 AM
Oh, ha,ha....I'm the same way with the band GLAY. :) I love their music....actually....SSSnake....you're probably gonna hunt me down and kill me, but I don't like Creed. I do like the alternative music, but I just don't like Creed. Sorry, man. I'm gonna hide under my bed now....:D

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:48 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrr :mad: why,creed is the best,the best i tell you in the country right now.Nothin can beat Mark tremonti hard and riviting guitar rifts and scott stapps deep and influnecial vocal.How can you not like them.HOW

Serj
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:51 AM
The only female singers I like are the ones who sing in techno and trance music. DJ Mystic is a good example.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Serj
The only female singers I like are the ones who sing in techno and trance music. DJ Mystic is a good example.

Trance music what the heck is that?

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Grrrrrrrrrrr :mad: why,creed is the best,the best i tell you in the country right now.Nothin can beat Mark tremonti hard and riviting guitar rifts and scott stapps deep and influnecial vocal.How can you not like them.HOW

Aaahhh! I don't know! There's something about Scott Stapp's voice that seems unappealing to me. Dude....chill...I'm just saying I don't like their music....it ain't the end of the world. But, just in case....I'm gonna hide myself. :heh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:00 AM
Yeah maybe you should hide.People who dont like creed put me in a bad mood,but anyways serj what is trance music

Serj
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:02 AM
You dont know what trance music is? Ever been to a rave? Tune to your local radio station late at night around 11:00 or 12:00 and you'll know what Im talking about.

Check out this link: http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Trance_music

If you have Morpheus download some of it. It may sound pop-ish but it's really good to listen to late at night.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:03 AM
Read the link prolly something i wouldnt like from what it sounds

x157anz
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
I think boy singers are the best,
But prefere girl singers obviously because im a lad :ghost:

Faile
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:33 AM
I don't know really . I like Matt Bellamy of muse, where he can switch across the male and female vocal registers . Thats really cool

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:21 PM
One female singer i do have to reconize is shakira she has a wonderful voice

GaseousSnake
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:34 PM
i adore RAP music and my best rapper is 2PAC

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
i adore RAP music and my best rapper is 2PAC

You and me gaseous are opposites.I on the other hand hate rap all that repeating lyrics crap and the way they can t play there own music

Serj
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:40 PM
I dont like any rap either.

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:42 PM
2pac and Dr.Dre are the only good rappers out there. Otherwise, it's just rock music.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Serj
I dont like any rap either.

Yeah something about it is just wrong.I cant even listen to limp bizkit without taking out the cd and throwing it

Serj
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:46 PM
Bah! Limp Bizkit are a bunch of sell outs.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:47 PM
Maybe thats why Wes Borland quit

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:49 PM
I heard about that.

Wes is too good of a musician to be with them.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:50 PM
Wes wasnt the most talented ok

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:53 PM
He isn't the greatest, but he is still better than Limp Bizkit.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:55 PM
Whos everyones favorite singer right now?I like scott stapp from creed the best

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Scott is pretty good. Especially on the "Arms Wide Open" track.

I like Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. Those two did well on "In The End". Linkin Park is the best!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Scott is pretty good. Especially on the "Arms Wide Open" track.

I like Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. Those two did well on "In The End". Linkin Park is the best!

Gotta disagree most of todays new talent isnt great at all.Take them up against greats like metallica Zepplin Van halen and there nothin.Today people are listening to that crap because everyone else is.The music of linkin park itself is really easy to play to nothin mind blowing or anything

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:05 PM
Yes, they don't compare to Metallica and the old school rock. Linkin Park is just a personal favorite of mine because I can relate with the lyrics in their songs.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:07 PM
You want good lyric listen to default or double drive