PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever....

Darkness 4 Hire
Sep 26th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Have you ever played a RPG, that you didn't care about anything else other than that RPG, you never wanted it to end; the experience was so much that you could play it forever??

Well I can say have in a lot of cases...my first RPG was FFVIII so I was completely wrapped up in it, I never wanted it to end, I wanted to be squall forever. Then I played FFVII, that game brought the greatest feeling I have ever felt for an RPG. The Dark, deep, and involving story kept me home from school for weeks.

My more recent cases are FF X and Kingdom Hearts...

I sat and played FF X from Christmas Eve night till Christmas morning...slept a little and continued for another 8 or so hours, then again and again till I beat the game with in 2 weeks. I got KH the day it came out and I’ve played it ever day non stop really. I beat it in a mere 33 hours but I didn’t do any side quests or anything so I’m going to go back and play a lot of it again.

I just want to know if any of you felt this b4?

IcyMourdor
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:20 PM
FFTactics

Still my favorite game of all-time and always have fun playing it. I just started playing Kingdom Hearts, so I don't have much of an opinion of it.

happy_doughnut
Sep 26th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Here I go again... someone has to support FF8 !

Well, my first RPG was Star Ocean : A Second Story. This one... was pretty good, but quite hard for me at that time.
Anyhow, FF8 was just, like, something I couldn't put down !
At first, I was, like : What the hell ?!
I thought it was boring, actually. But as I got into it ( and as soon as I saw Squall in those CGs...omg ), I quickly grew to love this game. I just couldn't set it down, it was so great.

Truly my absolute favorite Rpg, as well as a general game. :D

Frozen
Sep 27th, 2002, 01:56 AM
I'm so glad you actually like this game as well cutie!!! ^_^

I actually felt that way in both FF7 and FF 8, but specially in 7. it was my first FF ever, and it was just outstanding. Besides, teh fact that it was 3 CD's long, made me think it would last forever. Then, I felt more or less the same way in FF8, but that game turned out to be a little bit shorter...

And then, the feeling disappeared with FF9 as I knew it would not be very long either. But all of the mwere wonderful indeed!!! As for FFX.... it has to be the best RPG I have ever plaed. Although it's end really, really disappointed me big time.

Darkness 4 Hire
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Dont sweat it FFVIII was an awesome experience, people who dont see that are blend in my eyes. The story is Deep, the chacacters are moving, and the gunblade is awesome!

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:54 PM
And junctioning is horrible, characters are just...normal in my opinion, I could see an Irvine if I moved to Texas...I could meet a Selphie in a rave...no diversity...the only character who is the man is Seifer, and the only reason why I'm pimpin the Squall avatar is because they made him THEE badass in KH.

FFVII was my first RPG and for some reason I became sick quite often playing that game :laugh:

And FFX...I never wanted that game to end!

Infernal Mass
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Lunar(Sega CD), was the first RPG i ever played..i remember devoting every spare hour i had to that title til i finished it. I didn't want that game to end..

Redpyramidhead
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:44 AM
Chrono Trigger for SNES was my frist RPG (Legend of Zelda doesn't quite count although it was a great game.) I'd say I wished that game would go on forever, but...well...it did go on forever! Well, almost. The story was so engrossing and I think I dreamed about it a few times. Same with FF8. What a great game! A lot of people put down that game...some of the hardcore RPG fanatics, but if they didn't enjoy it, they don't know what they're missing. Didn't want that game to end either. Squall is bad azz! Chrono Cross is a masterpeice that had me in trances as well. More about favorite RPGs later...think I'll go to bed.

_RED_ stuff

"Red pyramid head thing? What red pyramid head thing?"