PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts.....Best RPG ever?

Satans_Angel
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:21 PM
I don't know how many times I have heard that Kingdom Hearts is the best RPG ever. Personally I think its great and all but it could have been much better. To me it is a Final Fantasy rip-off. I played it and it seems like a big disney movie or something! I mean we have to admit that squaresoft characters got jipped! I mean the game is nothing but disney themes, characters, and worlds! I mean its a great game and all but I think people need to THINK before they say its the greatest. Don't let me discourage you from playing it though. The gameplay is pretty darn good. I think though after you played it all the way through it wasn't as great as it sounded.

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Despite its shortcomings, Kingdom Hearts is a fun game. But its not even close to the greatness of Final Fantasy. Comparing the two is silly too....they don't share many similarities. The opening FMV is FF-like (and I was excited when I saw that) but then the actual game got under way and disapointment soon set in. I guess I was hoping for more FF in it.

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Well I think the reason why it's Disney World's and themes with cameo's of FF characters is because....well think of it this way, if it was the other way around and mostly FF worlds and themes with Disney characters...well...I don't think Donald or Goofy could survive 5 seconds in Midgar...

But best RPG ever....very doubtful

XboxKiller
Sep 26th, 2002, 01:49 PM
okay then its 2nd best

the game is good its not bad or great its good and you should buy it:laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 26th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
I don't think Donald or Goofy could survive 5 seconds in Midgar...
How true! :laugh:

What would have made the game a "must buy" would have been a couple things:
1. Turn based combat (so you could control your whole party in battle, instead of just Sora)
2. Just one playable FF character. I know it's a "Disney world" but to be able to have Squall or Aeris in your party would have been sweet.

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 26th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Turn based would've made the game sooo much better. I'd definately keep Tarzan up in the air with the Jump ability :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:07 PM
No, I would not consider this game as the best RPG ever. Everyone knows what the best RPG is...*points to FF games* and that's that. I do understand how many people might consider this a great game...the combination of Squaresoft and Disney, the great graphics, and the nice tunes. :D But still, that doesn't compare to FF.

I agree with Sleazy though, that at least one FF character would've been great. Squall would be my pick. :)

Darkness 4 Hire
Sep 26th, 2002, 08:36 PM
I beat this game eariler today, and did i love every second of it...yes, but would i consider it to the great RPG ever, not a chance! I had one of the best times ever playing this game, it just has a light feeling to it, that you cant help not to smile while playing it. I;d say its one of my top 5 favorites but nothing well surpass Xeno, ever i don't think!

XboxKiller
Sep 27th, 2002, 01:42 PM
you guys are making it seem that the game sucks. well you are all wrong the game is good and is worth every penny. Yeah they could have made it a little bit better but why do that when square's gonna make kingdom hearts 2. who knows what thats gonna be like. now your all thinking how do you know theres gonna be a part 2. well all i got to say is see the ending and you'll know what I am talking about.

and personally I dont think square wanted to make kingdom hearts better than FF. I think they just wanted to start making differnt type of games than just making fanal fantasy's.

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 27th, 2002, 04:45 PM
I'm not saying it sucked.....I'm just let down a bit. Running around like mad trying to pick up all those little orbs before they disappear....while still fighting......I dunno man....weak battle system. That's probably the main killer right there. I don't like mashing buttons ok? I'd rather see a turn based combat system where you can be somewhat strategic.

Gadzoox
Sep 27th, 2002, 05:21 PM
NOOO!!! It's a major insult to Square's characters!!!

You know what though? I'm probably going to rent it and get addicted; so just ignore me until I've played it. :happy:

shaunathon260
Sep 27th, 2002, 07:14 PM
if any of you have the american version then you should play it on expert (it's not a button mashing game after that, you actually have to have some strategy)...i've been thinking it over and i got to say this is probably my 4th or 5th favorite game.

merylsilverburg
Sep 27th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
Running around like mad trying to pick up all those little orbs before they disappear....while still fighting......I dunno man....weak battle system.

Yes! That's also what I'm griping about....those orbs that just fly all over the place and you run trying to get them and help your two allies at the same time...not saying it's confusing, but just a little hectic. But, it's still a great game overall.

XboxKiller
Oct 1st, 2002, 01:04 PM
yeh I know how those little health things get every where.
but the game is like my 6th favorite game.
can you guys try giving it a rating. and be honest
I give it a

8.9 out of 10:phew:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:27 AM
I agree
Nothing can beat Xenogears for me.
But I dunno, the by the end turns into a Square story with the darkness in hearts and the ending.

Oh an Xboxkiller-that ending your talking about can only be done with all dalmations, hades cup finished and poohs world locked. Make sure you do that folks. You will enjoy it. I'm about to beat it again just to be amazed again.

"Where is Sora"

XboxKiller
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:39 PM
oh yeah forgot to mention that. but you didnt rate the game. rateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee itttttttttttttttt:frust:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:26 AM
Geeze. Alright leggo!

*pries xboxkiller off his leg

I definately give a 9 or a 8.9 or something. It was a great game through whatever anyone says to me.

Oh, and I'm wondering, Sephiroth. Has anyone defeated him here?First time I layed eyes on him, I was thinking like

"Oh yeah punk. You goin against my keyblade sucka, and just like Cloud..........IMMA TAKE YOU DOWN MOFO!
Oh yeah, Let's roll. Let's party"
Then 10 sec. later, I'm vewing my LOAD or CONTINUE screen with this face on:shock:

And then I said.
"Oh. You wanna play huh. AIGHHHTTTT Turkey!" And what happened above happens----------again!

merylsilverburg
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Oh, and I'm wondering, Sephiroth. Has anyone defeated him here?First time I layed eyes on him, I was thinking like

"Oh yeah punk. You goin against my keyblade sucka, and just like Cloud..........IMMA TAKE YOU DOWN MOFO!
Oh yeah, Let's roll. Let's party"
Then 10 sec. later, I'm vewing my LOAD or CONTINUE screen with this face on:shock:

And then I said.
"Oh. You wanna play huh. AIGHHHTTTT Turkey!" And what happened above happens----------again!

:laugh: I heard it was impossible to beat Sephiroth the first few times...I believe you have to level up a few more before you can take him down.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Hey Meryl!

Yup your right. As sick as it may sound-some books say that at a level 100 you'll still have problems. I'm at 84 now since I'm just elveling up to beat that scumbag (sorry sir).
Now it takes a few minutes for him to beat me...lol
His paterns are pretty much predictable cause he calls things out like "Sin Harvest" or "Your gonna die cause my sword is gonna slice you like cheese" (I think I made that up, but he still does it)

The trick is timing your moves. I'm one to play the secret bosses, like the Weapons in FF. One slip up and your done. I've already beat the Gold match in the Coliseum.........and the other two bosses shouldn't cause me a problem

But the greatest soldier in the world is not called that for nothing. I'll keep ya posted when I beat him.

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 8th, 2002, 06:09 PM
<----c'mon now look at the avatar! :laugh:

My PSM magazine says he weaker from the air so try soarin on him?

MADRUCKIS
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Yes
Already been tried. See Sephiroth is no punk by the way.
(check the science I have on him already)
You glide to him, you can only have 4 hits. After that, he disapears and shows up behind you to stab you. So flying in, you'll press the button four times and either roll or block (Ipefer block cause it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

BUT IT'S NOT THAT EASY.
See he has an attack that he does when your too close which erupts in flames and hits you hard twice. You have to make sure your not in the vecentiy all the time. Also after some time his apttern changes where he'll call "Sin Harvest" which gives you four options
1) Die unless you have the second chance ability but you need to heal
2) Fly at him with superglide and strike him at the precise time he's saying it for him to stop.
3) Use your strike ability to stop him from saying it
4) Die

Top that off with a beserk move that he strikes you over ten times EVEN in the air-and it only takes about 4-5 to kill you and you have (a long sentence with profanity)

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Well I read that your Argunum move (not sure how its spelled) keeps u immune from the flames so when he casts that strike him with that, and yeah use your strike attack to stop him form saying Sin Harvest. As for that 10 hit move I have no clue.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Well, just like all the times I've faced secret bosses since FFVII with those damn Emerald, Ruby, and the other Weapon,-I've beaten Sephiroth without knowing what I was doing.

See I took my PS@ to work cause the kids I work with wanted to watcha dvd. I accidentally brought KH and after work I decided to play. I kept dying over and over against him. Well

The last time I decided to play I survived for over a half an hour playing the bastard. Then I saw it.........GREEN GREEN GREEN...THEN BLACK. His health bar was down to his last level and he was freakin pulling some crazy moves. But I persisted and defeated him. Finally.
Whats funnier is that I played him again right afterwards just for kicks and I beat him in 5 MINUTES FLAT-I WAS LIKE ":shock: "
Once u know his tricks he's simple-I was at level 84 and I had the Ultimate weapon. That played a major part.
But I'm not gonna tell you my secret for him. NOPE! I'm not. But if yall play him and need help just tell me......I'll give you hints if your stuck
signed MADRUCKIS
THE GREATEST WARRIOR THAT EVER LIVED

merylsilverburg
Oct 11th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Congrats, MAD!! :happy: Yeah, I decided to try out against Sephiroth just for fun (I'm only at level 62 and yeah, I knew I was gonna die) and yeah....he's pretty tough. Can't stand losing, so I've gotta level up and try again. :D

MADRUCKIS
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Hey Meryl

Good luck. When you beat him, you'll find the other two hidden bosses almost sleepish. Aim for levels 80+ and you should hold out.

merylsilverburg
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Hooray, I did it! I beat Sephiroth!! :happy: I was at level 82 when I did it. And...when you said...the other two bosses...did you mean *SPOILERS* the Rock Titan and Ice Titan? I wasn't able to beat the Ice Titan the first time, but after I beat Sephiroth, he was quite easy. I was also able to beat *SPOILERS* the that Death Reaper boss of Neverland and also that....Agrabah....boss thing. :heh:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Congrats.....

So I guess all you need now is to beat the game. Remember the things I told you about and then you can post in the Secret Ending thread opened by Darkness4hire. It's an intresting convo-trust me.
*raises some ale in Meryls' direction-to the greatest soldier of all time.

Darkness 4 Hire
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:50 PM
I'll beat that bastard one of these days!!! GRRRR :frust:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Dont' give up on the dude-Darkness

Whats good is that if u didn't beat the game yet, Sephiroth gives you 18,000 exp. points. You'll level up every time.......so that way you'll reach the 90 plus levels easy.

merylsilverburg
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Dont' give up on the dude-Darkness

Whats good is that if u didn't beat the game yet, Sephiroth gives you 18,000 exp. points. You'll level up every time.......so that way you'll reach the 90 plus levels easy.

Yeah, but who needs to level up to 90+? *MAYBE SPOILERS* The final boss, Ansem, and all his crap were actually quite easy to destroy. *SPOILERS END* Hmm...maybe 'cause I had 102 HP and my strength was fairly high. :heh: But still, around 80's should do it.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Yeah definately

***Spoilers***
Ansem was wayyy to easy. I beat him in the 70's and it wasn't much of a struggle. I though he would be stronger but fighting him in sections was a lot easeir
**END**

The only reason you would probably level up that far was just to clear the Collesieum in the time attacks. Like I said, I try to beat everything and I found the Hades cup to be hard to clear in that time without being pretty powerful.

merylsilverburg
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah definately

***Spoilers***
Ansem was wayyy to easy. I beat him in the 70's and it wasn't much of a struggle. I though he would be stronger but fighting him in sections was a lot easeir
**END**

The only reason you would probably level up that far was just to clear the Collesieum in the time attacks. Like I said, I try to beat everything and I found the Hades cup to be hard to clear in that time without being pretty powerful.

Oh, so you beat Ansem first, then went back to get all the secrets and clear the Coliseum. I get it. I actually did the opposite; I cleared all the secrets then went to kick Ansem's ass. :D

MADRUCKIS
Oct 19th, 2002, 02:36 AM
Geeze

Then I guess Ansem was a breeze with all that power. I was at 71 when I beat him without the Ultimate weapon and it was pretty smooth-long/ but smooth.

I've noticed a trend where the final bosses are never really thaaaaaaaaatttt challenging. Square puts all there impossible efforts on secret bosses with only like one weakness. I've foiled them one by one- but once I think I'd like to scratch my head and say *WHAT THe F&*K AM I SUPPOSED TO DO HERE? DUDE KEEPS KILLING ME!!*
(some bosses in Xenogears did that to me:laugh: )

-=[ÐýstøþíÅ]=-
Oct 21st, 2002, 08:46 AM
Personally, I dont like the idea of an RPG with...ugh, Disney characters.... Never played it though and definitely dont plan on doing so either. :disturb:

sk8er_kyle
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:15 PM
KIngdom Hearts is a great game. I have almost beat it. Im at the last place.Sephiroth is really hard in it.:ghost:

Crono
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Remember peeps, this is an action-RPG, and not intended to be anything like Final Fantasy. Obviously the game is not the best RPG ever and there could have been many improvements made to it, but the game is still worth playing. It was by no means a memorable game to me like just about every FF has been, and I wish Square would focus more of their efforts in bringing FFXI to the states than marketing this game (Disney should be in charge of that)...

Vicious
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:34 PM
This game may not be the best RPG out there, but it's definately one of the best. One of the things I like most about the game is the combat system because it makes it fun to run around and fight enemies instead of making boring and tedious. The story could have been better (the whole story revolved around hearts) and the enemies and bosses could have been cooler (even though Sephiroth is awesome). The beginning and ending FMV sequences were really cool and I can't wait to get the secret ending.

Plug 4
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:55 PM
I ask for christmas suikoden III but i wasnt sure because i wanted kingdom hearts too....so wich one should i ask??

Lone Wolf
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:20 AM
It depends on your preferences. Both are great games, seriously. If you like a bit of action, KH if you like straight RPG Suikoden 3. Clearly, I got both to make my life easier than deciding. Anyway, on to Kingdom Hearts.

I was a bit troubled by the idea of Disney like a few people would be. But I'd been hearing about this game for way too long to ignore it. I bought it, and loved it from the beginning. Most enjoyable if you don't focus on the fact the characters are from movies targetting kids. Look at Riku, Kairi, Sora and the Heartless. That's what it's really about. Not whether you help Simba become King of the jungle (false example). I admit, I wanted to kill Donald and I was almost ashamed to be playing it when they first came around. But I got over that and looked beyond the "Disney" branding on the box.

fantasytiger
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:08 PM
i have played a little of the game its ok but you guys are right it would be cool to have one playable ff character if anything else at least the opening music was good:laugh:

Deathwatchz
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:48 PM
I do enjoy the battle system since it is a little different then the old "i hit you, you hit me" system, but it does have its downsides. I think that the fact you cant get a larger combo out sux. And as for the FF character thing, I think it would be nice if you could get ANY other character to control, cmon, whooping up on guys with a key kinda gets boring after a while, at least make the thing look sharp!!!!