PDA

View Full Version : Spirited Away trailer and clips

Cannibal Clown
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:47 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808405164&cf=trailer

This is the disney trailer for spirited away. One of the first anime productions bought by Disney. The movie won like twenty billion awards in Japan last year, and it seems that Disney is finnaly figuring out that anime really does have something worth investing into.

Well, the trailer looks pretty cool, and i'll probally try to see it if it shows in a theater near me.

REChick14
Sep 25th, 2002, 08:10 PM
I saw the same trailor a couple of days ago. This movie looks really good. Hopefully I'll see it soon. I can't wait to see it!

merylsilverburg
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know when this anime is coming out to theaters? I tried...like...months ago to get the Japanese DVD, but I was low on cash, so I was unable to. I was gonna get it and give you guys my review. :( Oh well...I'm looking forward to this anime anyway. :cool:

Lost_myth
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Dude, I didn't think that was actually going to be good. Seeing how I'm not a fan or anything. That looked tight though.

MADRUCKIS
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:46 PM
Yup:

It got 4 stars here in the City. It's already out over here and I'm gonna try to see it next weekend.

It was called the "Wizard of Oz" of our times. Don't know what the heezee that means but whatever.........
It reminds me of Princess Mononoke-so I'm there.

merylsilverburg
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Entertainment Weekly magazine gave it a grade "A". :cool:

MADRUCKIS: Tell us how the dub is after you see it, alright man?

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Frankly... I wasn't really impressed by the trailer :disturb:

I think Princess Mononoké looks much cooler.
Guess I need at least some blood/gore in order to enjoy a movie :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
Frankly... I wasn't really impressed by the trailer :disturb:

I think Princess Mononoké looks much cooler.
Guess I need at least some blood/gore in order to enjoy a movie :laugh:

Wow Qjij, you really wanted to make your opinion known. :disturb:

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Sorry... been a little down lately.
Don't mind me... I'll just hide in that corner over there...

* Goes in the little corner and sits *

Pu the Owl
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Does anyone know when this anime is coming out to theaters?

September 20, from what I've read in some Studio Ghibli's site. Sorry if I'm late for the reply :heh:

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Is "Semptember" the 13th month of the year Fortune ? ;)

... are you sayin' it's already supposed to be out ?

Pu the Owl
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Exactly, but you must delete an "m" from Semptember :laugh:
That's what the site dedicated to Studio Ghibli movie I visited some days ago said (I was there not for this movie, but there was a banner about it). I don't know if that was the release date for the US or not. I only saw the banner in the main page :P

If I'm not wrong, the url is www.nausicaa.net .

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Weird... :peoples:

Maybe it's somekind of mistake or somethin'...
Unless it's not 'popular' enough to be announced.

BTW, I know you like fonts Fortune, so what do you think of mine ?

Pu the Owl
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Mmmm... maybe it's not that popular, yeah, because the source seemed quite reliable...

Yeah, I like fonts, and I have a huge collection of them, but for some reason I don't have installed the one you're using at the moment, so if I don't get that one too, I can't see the font :right:

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Yeah... you're probably right. Anime like this often 'goes by' unnoticed by most people... it's a shame...

You can't see my font ? :(
If you want to have it, it's: Informal Roman :D

BTW, I had forgotten how nice you were... ;)

Pu the Owl
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:58 PM

You can't see my font ? :(
If you want to have it, it's: Informal Roman :D

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll try to look for this font, because now I'm curious too see it. :D

merylsilverburg
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Weird... :peoples:

Maybe it's somekind of mistake or somethin'...
Unless it's not 'popular' enough to be announced.

BTW, I know you like fonts Fortune, so what do you think of mine ?

Ohhh....is that why your font size is so big? I'm sorry Qjij, I thought you were trying to express how unexcited you were about Spirited Away which is why you used such a big font size. Sorry, sorry....:heh:

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Oh ! That's why !?!

I thought you just felt like there was somekind of 'anger' in my words...
Let's just do a group hug and forget about all this ! ( Just me and you 2 ;) )

Okay, not that that's all clearned up, let's get back on topic...
Spirited Away seems... okay. :disturb:

Pu the Owl
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Ohhh....is that why your font size is so big? I'm sorry Qjij, I thought you were trying to express how unexcited you were about Spirited Away which is why you used such a big font size. Sorry, sorry....

Poor Qjij : it seems nobody was understanding the reality behind his way of using fonts :(

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:12 PM
*sniff*... I feel so left out and... alone. :weep:

* Pets himself, because there's no one else around *

That's my life... never being understood. :(

Pu the Owl
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Ah c'mon! Nobody's understanding you... it was only a font :laugh:
We can bring you to see Spirited Away, if you promise to not insult the creators of the movie in case you don't like it!

merylsilverburg
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:22 PM
*sniff*... I feel so left out and... alone. :weep:

* Pets himself, because there's no one else around *

That's my life... never being understood. :(

*hugs Qjij* Sorry man, really. I didn't know....:(

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:22 PM
*sniff*... you... you would do that for me ? :weep:

* Starts to pet Fortune and meryl *

You're nice friends... yes... nice friends.
Thank you for believin' in little ol' me. :happy:

Ruby Moon
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Is that the official release date, or is it for some specific country/part of the world?

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 30th, 2002, 05:11 PM
I dunno... I just checked again to be sure and it's just written: "September 20th" :heh:

Ruby Moon
Sep 30th, 2002, 05:51 PM
It's a weird situation, because if it was wrong, I'm sure there would be a note or anything to let us know the real release date, so it must be Sept. 20, even if nobody here has evidence it's really Sept. 20, because there was no advertising on this event :P

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:15 PM
In deed my friend... in deed. ;)

So, what do we do then ?

Rei
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:26 PM
We can go watching another movie...?

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:18 PM
... and which movie do you wanna go see Rei ?

Rei
Sep 30th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Hmmm.. wait... I have to think about it... yes... just let... me... think... zzzz zzzzz :zzz:

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 30th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Oh God ! She's been infected by the Sleeping virus !

Argh ! .. no... not me... too...
... no... can't resist... must... try... to... zzZz... ZZz ZzzZzzz... :zzz:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 1st, 2002, 01:10 AM
You people need help..............

Or coffee, I'm not sure.:laugh:

Well, it's out here in NY and yes Meryl, you'll get the whole Ruckis Review maybe on Sunday. It's kinda hard to get friends to see it with me......gotta find a girl........*groan*.
In NY, it came out on the 20th, thats what the apaper said and I saw the poster for it when I went to see Ballistic *barf*and it said.......Out Now!

Qjij_jijQ
Oct 1st, 2002, 05:10 AM
lol :laugh: yeah...

I'm not sure if coffee is enough to cure our 'madness'. ;)
Anyway, I forgot to check the paper to see if it was actually playin' near where I live, so I guess I'll have to wait 'til next Saturday... we'll see.

Thanks for the info.

merylsilverburg
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Well, it's out here in NY and yes Meryl, you'll get the whole Ruckis Review maybe on Sunday. It's kinda hard to get friends to see it with me......gotta find a girl........*groan*.

Thanks MADRUCKIS. :happy: And I can't believe you have no friends to go see it with....goddamit, if I were there, I'd be dragging you to go see it. I'd drag anyone to go see it!! :laugh:

Qjij_jijQ
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:20 PM
I'm startin' to get a good feelin' about this movie...
meryl just seems so exited about it ! :laugh:

Lost_myth
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:20 PM
I don't think it'll come out anytime soon here. I'd like to see you drag everyone to see it. I'm very doubtful. Do you have what it takes? j/k

merylsilverburg
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Blue3vilx
I don't think it'll come out anytime soon here. I'd like to see you drag everyone to see it. I'm very doubtful. Do you have what it takes? j/k

Probably not, but I can try! :laugh: *begins to shove and push everyone on PS2 Fantasy to the theaters*

MADRUCKIS
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:28 PM
I'm undrag-able. I won't go see anything that seems like pure crap. The movie ticket bill is ten here so I'll be a monkeys step uncle if I'm gonna waste time on sumthin............

remembers Scorpion King and other disapointments.

Yeah, and Meryl

It's not that I don't have freinds...it's just the freinds I do have all rather watch sumthin with violence or gratuitous nudity-you know all that family stuff. Oh and love the sig......;)

merylsilverburg
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:39 PM
I'm undrag-able. I won't go see anything that seems like pure crap. The movie ticket bill is ten here so I'll be a monkeys step uncle if I'm gonna waste time on sumthin............

remembers Scorpion King and other disapointments.

True, but I'm just so excited only because it's pretty rare for any kind of anime to be popping up in US theaters. Besides Mononoke Hime you know? But, considering that Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi is Japan's number one top grossing film in box-office history....I'm so impressed.

Yeah, and Meryl

It's not that I don't have freinds...it's just the freinds I do have all rather watch sumthin with violence or gratuitous nudity-you know all that family stuff. Oh and love the sig......;)

Understandable and not a surprise. Thanks but you should pay your compliments to Makg for making my sig. instead of me. :happy:

MADRUCKIS
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:34 AM
Ahhhh, yes. Should've knwon that my freind Mkg would be all over a great MGS sig........

And yeah. I heard that it did a killing over in Japan-out sold Titanics ticket sales pretty easily. I'm itchin to see it......

*contemplates further and identifies someone to go see it with him. Only problem is, she might think it's a date!

But deep down inside, the darkness swells within my heart and I know full well that she will get no type of reactions from me for that hour and half.

(darkness in the heart-sorry, I just finished Kingdom Hearts and I'm still on that mind frame)

I'm pushing my veiwing to Friday.

merylsilverburg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:48 AM
Ahhhh, yes. Should've knwon that my freind Mkg would be all over a great MGS sig........

Yup, he's the MGS guru after all. :laugh:

And yeah. I heard that it did a killing over in Japan-out sold Titanics ticket sales pretty easily. I'm itchin to see it......

*contemplates further and identifies someone to go see it with him. Only problem is, she might think it's a date!

But deep down inside, the darkness swells within my heart and I know full well that she will get no type of reactions from me for that hour and half.

(darkness in the heart-sorry, I just finished Kingdom Hearts and I'm still on that mind frame)

I'm pushing my veiwing to Friday.

Um...well uh...I hope everything works out for ya man and enjoy the film. :D

BTW totally off topic, but how is it that everyone finds the time to finish Kingdom Hearts anyway?! I'm still so very early in the game...probably 'cause I'm only able to play 1-2 hours a day. :(

MADRUCKIS
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:21 AM
I, like Maqk, are a Metal Gear master.
But before that, I am a Final Fantasy Freak and I don't beat games........I destroy them!!!!!!!!
I put in 40+ hours and I got it last week. I try to get it done quick cause I'm busy all the time.
Before we go back on topic........Meryl-make sure you get all dalmations, finish the Hades Cup and Lock the the Pooh board. There's sumthin at the very end that only Anime freaks used to great cinamatography like yourself would appreciate. If you need help.......I have thousands of tricks. Even how to level up easier and the Ultima Weapon. Pm me if ya need it.

Anyways-yeah........I'll go alone if need be to see it. Kinda sucks but whatever. Ended up goin to the Anime Festival alone too:(

merylsilverburg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:21 PM
I, like Maqk, are a Metal Gear master.
But before that, I am a Final Fantasy Freak and I don't beat games........I destroy them!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult you by saying Makg was the "guru"...it's just...Makg is all "MGS" this and "MGS" that. :D

I put in 40+ hours and I got it last week. I try to get it done quick cause I'm busy all the time.
Before we go back on topic........Meryl-make sure you get all dalmations, finish the Hades Cup and Lock the the Pooh board. There's sumthin at the very end that only Anime freaks used to great cinamatography like yourself would appreciate. If you need help.......I have thousands of tricks. Even how to level up easier and the Ultima Weapon. Pm me if ya need it.

Ahh....40+ hours....that, I don't have. :weep: But, thank you for the tips!! :happy: I'll try to do all that...now you've got me curious about what happens at the end. And I'll be sure to PM ya if I ever need help.

Anyways-yeah........I'll go alone if need be to see it. Kinda sucks but whatever. Ended up goin to the Anime Festival alone too:(

*sniffs* I wanna go to the Anime Festivals.....:( *cries softly in the corner*

MADRUCKIS
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:19 PM
Hey, I just cleaned that corner
jeeeeeeeeeeze!!!

N-e-ways
It was cool, it was just rainy and the pics I got of the people got messed up. *groan*
There was a big fat Goku.....I guess he hasn't trained.
And some people dressed as some unrecognizable characters. Thats actually where I heard about Spirited Away. Didn't really look into it cause I was busy tryin to hustle my way in for the Cowboy Bebop movie.
Was about to go Vicious on those ushers man!

merylsilverburg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:50 PM
Hey, I just cleaned that corner
jeeeeeeeeeeze!!!

Gah! I'm sorry! *goes to clean the corner*

N-e-ways
It was cool, it was just rainy and the pics I got of the people got messed up. *groan*
There was a big fat Goku.....I guess he hasn't trained.

:laugh:

And some people dressed as some unrecognizable characters. Thats actually where I heard about Spirited Away. Didn't really look into it cause I was busy tryin to hustle my way in for the Cowboy Bebop movie.
Was about to go Vicious on those ushers man!

Well, that's pretty cool. I wonder if I am able to identify those cosplayers. Ah...I guess I'll never know. :weep: