PDA

View Full Version : GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)

BlackThornn
Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:29 PM
Has anyone else seen this anime? :laugh: :laugh: It's absolutely hilarious! Even the dub is great!

Man.. I'm still laughing at it. I highly reccommend it to anyone who likes Comedy anime.

merylsilverburg
Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:58 PM
No, I haven't seen it....yet, but I know that Spirit has seen it and loves it. He was the first guy to ever mention it on here. At first, I thought it was one of those ecchi animes, but from the sound of things, it seems not likely. I have heard that GTO is similar to I, My, Me Strawberry Egg! but just more better. So, tell me BlackThornn...is it an ecchi sort of an anime or what? I have to wait till someone returns it at my local Blockbuster. But, anyway, what kind of comedy is it?

BlackThornn
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:02 PM
I don't think it's an ecchi anime, but it's definitely got sexual reference humor (and a lot of it.. :laugh: ) and some "mature" themes, but so far I have yet to see a single bit of nudity, save for the butt cheek of the teacher guy, and that 'fits into the plot'. Onizuka is definitely obsessed with the "nubile young minds" he would have access to as a teacher, though.

Then again I consider The Sopranos just a regular, good show, whereas people have described it to me as vulgar, perverted, violent, etc. :D

merylsilverburg
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Oh, I see. Well, from the sound of things, I guess it's not too bad....though, I'm not surprised by the sexual and mature themes, since after all...the "oni" part of the guy's name, Onizuka means "devil" in Japanese....:disturb: But, I'll have to check it out anyway. Thanks, BlackThornn. :)