PDA

View Full Version : MPD Psycho

Pu the Owl
Sep 10th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Anyone heard of this manga? From what I know it's not available outside Japan, at least for the present moment.
It's a Drama, Horror series, the style is excellent and the characters look really good, but for the themes and the cruelty of both plot and drawings, it's not recommended to a younger audience o__O; From what I've read, it's been rated pretty well and it must be an interesting manga to read.
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I hope it'll be released also outside Japan ASAP :right:

merylsilverburg
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Never heard of it till you mentioned it. It does sound interesting and the graphics are pretty gruesome, but not all that bad to me. I went to a site where they rated the manga as NC-17. :shock: Thinking about how violent it is and the graphical stuff, I'm not sure if it'll make it to the states or anywhere else. o_O;;; Also, for those of you who want to translate it or read it yourself, it's tough since I read that there's many use of Kanji and if you can't read it, then good luck trying. :P There's currently 3 volumes and is still going.

Pu the Owl
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Also, for those of you who want to translate it or read it yourself, it's tough since I read that there's many use of Kanji and if you can't read it, then good luck trying. :P

*sighs*

I'd really like to be able to read kanji :P

Anyway, maybe it'll be possible to look for script translations made by fans for this series. I'll try to look for some of them in case they could be useful :D

Hylas
Sep 11th, 2002, 09:17 AM
I've seen some pics of the manga, somewhere... The style looks really neat, but the story is for sure gorey and there's a lot of violence in it :P No surprise it's been rated as NC-17!