PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Hunter D any good?

RobHardo
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:42 AM
I saw it at my local blockbuster, is it any good?

Homeless Psycho
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:44 AM
HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!

blood, guts, hate

everything in a game but in an anime series

Vampire HUnter D butchers, tortures, slice people's heads off but only doing it for good's sake

merylsilverburg
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Solid, do you mean Vampire Hunter D or Devil Hunter Yohko because I never heard of Devil Hunter D....:confused: If you are talking about Vampire Hunter D, then which one are you talking about? The new movie or the original? The original is good, old graphics, but a classic. The new movie is good, nice action, good graphics, up-to-date, but story could use some tweaking. Devil Hunter Yohko is fairly old too, but it's pretty good...the action is nice, the plot is okay.

Frozen
Sep 11th, 2002, 11:41 PM
It is uncertain what's he's talking about :laugh: But I think he's talking about Vampire Hunter D since there's that emphasys on the "D" Well, I guess.

I endorse what Meryl-chan said about Vampire Hunter D (the original) and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (the newer one)

What I would recommend, though, is that if you have the chance, watch the original movie first. Then watch Bloodlsut. Why? Because I'm hot :laugh:

Well, seriously, I make that suggstion as for Vampire Hunter D is a classical anime. I mean, you'll see something with a graphic quality more or less the same as in Dragon Ball Z or Saint Seiya. The plot is deeper and quite different from the newer movie, though.

Now, whenever you watch Bloodlust... you'll see that the movie has some of the most badass graphic quality and special effects in an anime movie. Is one of my favorite action anime movies, becaus the action in that movie is real, real awsome. I liked the plot as well, maybe not as good as the original's but is not bad either.

So, if you watch Bloodlust first and then the original... you may be disencouraged by it's "graphics" (I repeat, tehy're not bad or sucky, just "classic" but Bloodlust's are just OUTSTANDING so they can perfectly make anything else look sucky, ya know what I mean?) But then you would miss a great movie because of that, if you use to judge by the "looks" of a movie.

But my recommendation after all is, just watch both movies man, they are AWSOME.

As for Devil Hunter Yohko... I have never seen it :heh:

merylsilverburg
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Well said, Frozen-sama. :D Okay, well since it seems Solid is talking about Vampire Hunter D, I'll just change the title. :)

Beretta55
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:54 AM
i never seen it i was about to watch the moive on digtal cable but i fell asleep..nice time for my insomnia to take a break:frust:

Frozen
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:58 AM
*laughs in baretta's face* :laugh:

What rotten luck. But hey, there's DVD's and VHS casettes out there.... :D I truly recomend it. both movies are worth watching. :)

P.S. Meryl-chan, your inbox is full XD

merylsilverburg
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Frozen
*laughs in baretta's face* :laugh:

What rotten luck. But hey, there's DVD's and VHS casettes out there.... :D I truly recomend it. both movies are worth watching. :)

I agree...the original movie you can't find it on TV...you'll have to scout your rental store because it's so old.

P.S. Meryl-chan, your inbox is full XD

It's cleaned out now. :)

Homeless Psycho
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Hey man, watch the newest one

It's called "BLOOD LUST"

u can find it at the blockbuster next to the pizza buffet place (aka Stevi b's)

Like i sed b4 blood, guts, bodies

EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

:boom: :boom: :boom:

Frozen
Sep 13th, 2002, 02:31 AM
But watch the original movie first!!! XD

merylsilverburg
Sep 13th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
But watch the original movie first!!! XD

Yes!! You must watch the original first in order to get a insight on D's character and personality. I mean, it's not that hard to figure out D's persona in "Bloodlust", but the ending in "Bloodlust" makes you remember the ending to the original and lets you see how D's path in the life is the same.

*MAJOR SPOILERS*
For those of you guys wondering what the hell I'm talking about, I mean how in the original, D was in love with that girl (I forgot her name), but in the end, there was no way to be with her because his path in life is always just moving and always alone. In "Bloodlust", we see that the girl (I also forgot her name!) died at the end (though he wasn't in love with her) and her granddaughter went and saw D. The granddaughter reminds D how time is passing and yet he'll never grow old or never die...always just moving on forever. So, after watching both, you get a glimpse on how sad D's life really is because the ending is always the same...he's alone and he moves on.

007_JamesBond
Sep 13th, 2002, 07:54 PM
yeah I was surprised too when I found it up here in our rental place, so I of course rented it and I thought that it was pretty good, but some parts I was confused on

Serin_Ries
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Its a definate one you should see. i agree with the everyone else who said it that you should see the first one and then watch Bloodlust. both are really good though.

LaiN
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:24 PM
I just got the Vampire Hunter D PSX game today :-D I haven't played it yet but it seemed like a cool game. And if the series is as cool as the game, you should like it to

merylsilverburg
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by LaiN
I just got the Vampire Hunter D PSX game today :-D I haven't played it yet but it seemed like a cool game. And if the series is as cool as the game, you should like it to

I hope you enjoy the game LaiN, though I heard that it wasn't that good. :P But, everyone's opinions differ. :)

Frozen
Sep 29th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Well, I had that game before I even watched any of the movies.

It's supposed to take place in the events of Bloodlust.

wehn I got the game, I thought it was pretty cool..... until some point, becaue the game really got boring after some hours.

And now that I watched Bloodlust, I can tell how horribly they changed the settings... everything you do in the game is in Carmillia's castle....with lots of stupid added stuff.

But the game kind of has a "castlevania 3D feel" and pretty good graphics. If you don't mind it does not follow very well the movie, I think you will enjoy it.