PDA

View Full Version : Pause!

MakgSnake
Feb 7th, 2002, 01:29 AM
I wanted to Know, For How Long Can I Pause My GAME On PS2........

As For PSone. I Paused My Game For More Then 2 Days, And Nothing Happened, It Was All COOL

But I Want To Know....If I Could Do The Same Thing With PS2!.!

Thank U For Taking Ure Time!.! :)

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:09 AM
From a software point of view, nothing should happen. When I worked for SONY Psygnosis (developers of the WipEout series) we did something called a 'Soak test'.

Basically you leave a game running for at least 24 hours. You also do it paused. This is to make sure that the game is robust enough. They still do these tests now for PS2 games - so therefore PS2 hardware must be able to handle it.

BUT...

I simply would not recommend leaving a PS2 on that long, just in case you do damage it. Besides not understanding why you would leave a game paused for 2 days, I wouldn't like to take the risk.

My advice? Don't do it man! :D

- S

MakgSnake
Feb 8th, 2002, 12:35 AM
I Know I Wont Pause It For 2 Days Like I Use To With My PSOne.....But Pausing It For Atleast 2 Hours. Is That A Problem Now?

x157anz
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:47 AM
I thought you could pause it forever
But why not just save the game ?? :confused:

IcyMourdor
Feb 8th, 2002, 08:21 PM
You'd think it would be alright. I wouldn't leave it on like that, but you could if you wanted to.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 8th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Maybe it's a way of cheating out of buying a new memory card for the PS2.

BowevelJoe
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:57 PM
hahaha your gonna be skrewed when the make double disc dvd games :)

nanjij
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:40 AM
ps1 doesnt have a fan so it would most like to break ps2 would probably be okay

kamari-ice
Feb 12th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Just don't do it.Just save it.

{IMPORTANT}
The ps2 can and will overheat if paused and left on for 2 days.
But for 2 hours, I wouldn't do it.

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:19 AM
im not saying i do but i ment the ps1 i think would overheat before ps2

BowevelJoe
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:51 AM
haha id just buy a memory card to solve the whole problem Lol....i think id rather pay $25 for a mem card than $300 for another PS2 lol...

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:25 PM
I use pause alot and has it on for long peroids of times and it never hurt my ps2

Macceh^
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:29 AM
the fan should make it safe and yeh i agrea the psone should burn out alot quicker and it does a couople of my mats played for long periods of times and the psone just started to smoke.

The ps2 with a fan should be able to handle it but perhaps not for 2 days an hour or two should be fine.