PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Eps 1-52: a very good series!

Hylas
Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:49 PM
I've just finished watching the first part of the series and this series is AMAZING! It's funny, there's action in it, but also some tragic moments. There's a lot of variety in it. The characters are really excellent, because you discover their stories while the series goes on, not at the beginning, and not in a banal way. For example, my faves at the moment are Rufy (or Luffy in the US edition) and Nami. Well, I used to hate Nami at the beginning of the series, because she looked like a greedy and material girl, while in reality she's an ok character. I also like the way the pirates are described, not following an historical source, but using fanciful and original ideas of the author. Every crew has interesting aspects to be discovered and it's much fun to watch this series.
I'm waiting to see what's coming next :)

Thanks Fortune for telling me about it. It's really amusing!

merylsilverburg
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:14 PM
I still have to check this series, since Fortune told me it was really good and all...it seems really interesting and I've been wanting to get the anime for some time, but I haven't got money at the moment. :right:

Pu the Owl
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:17 PM
*offers a cookie*
Hylas, you deserve a cookie for this post XD
I still have to watch the rest of the anime series as well, because it has not been released on DVD.
If you can, I suggest you to get the manga, which IMO is even better than the anime: the story is developed in a similar way, but a bit better, the characters are more interesting and some volumes of the manga are simply amazing. Also, you can read what comes next (after the point where the anime series stops) because Oda-sensei published, I think, 23 volumes of the manga.
I don't want to spoil everything but

*minor spoilers*

I'm sure you'll love Chopper, the little reindeer. He's so terribly cute!