PDA

View Full Version : PS2 games on computer

tyrekinyl
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:35 PM
Hey, I recently bought and built a computer, and the graphics card I got was a Geforce 4 MX440, with s-video INPUT. I also own a Playstation 2, and recently bought the cable that has an S-video OUTPUT. Now, you'd think this would work pretty well, right? Well, the problem is, I'm missing the software or the drivers or something needed to play the game on the moniter. So if anybody has this current setup and could help, that would be awesome.

Thanks

ToxicUK
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Do that through a pc for fear of piracy and also the software you would be referring to is probably an emulator and i have one but it dont work. I stuck my mgs2 game in and it played the intro and wouldnt let me do anything through the menus. So you should probably just stick to your tv and hey if u got enough money buy plasma the graphics are immense through s-video:ghost:

tyrekinyl
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Hey, its been a couple months and I got it working so I figured I'd post a follow-up on how I did it. I needed something to display what was on the svideo input, so I looked for software that the port would be commonly used for, digital video editing software. AVIedit by Alexander Milukov worked well, but it expired in 30 days. So now I found one called VirtualDub which works in a similar way. The only thing you really have to look for is the "source" being set to S-Video in rather than TV input. That should do it.