PDA

View Full Version : Green LED is blinking

PS2Junkee
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:04 PM
HI to all!!

Now I have got a new Problem! When I turn on my PS2 there is nothing happening. Only the green LED is blinking! Does anybody know what that is meaning and what is to do??

Pleeze HELP!!!

RobHardo
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:23 PM
your one of those 0 members man you get help then leave

Spank-A-Thon
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
your one of those 0 members man you get help then leave Excellent contribution Solid. I wonder why we don't get more members if this is how you greet new members...

PS2Junkee, if you have any problems with your PS2 the first port of call should always be to run the Self Diagnostic mode. This sometimes can pinpoint (and sometimes correct) what the problem is.

- S

Harry
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:13 PM
The green light blinks when the system is not working in the proper "condition"; when this faulty status is detected, the operating system doesn't allow other operations to avoid damages.

The only official suggestion from SCEA in this case is to check if the vent is working properly and if the back of your Ps2 is obstructed in some way, so that the system is unable to cool down.

Anyhow, since you have been having other problems with your console, I guess there could be many other reasons causing the issue...