PDA

View Full Version : Coming, its coming...

BowevelJoe
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:52 PM
First of all i would like to thank meryl for relaying my message about the 2nd season of Hellsing, but i have more news, and i just thought i would say this myself... this may be the last thing i ever say here, and i just wanted all you anime fans to get the message.. Remeber that show by the name of Big O? Yeah, the 2nd season of it is coming!!!! Dont know if Cartoon network is goign to air it, but it IS coming to american :D

merylsilverburg
Aug 31st, 2002, 09:45 PM
SUGOI!! *begins to celebrate* Thanks for the info, Bowevel, I can't wait until the second season comes!! I got prepared just for it! *points to avatar* :D

Cannibal Clown
Sep 1st, 2002, 03:38 PM
I don't remember how many times i've said this already, but toonami announced at the beginning of the summer that they were going to begin airing the second of big o at the end of summer, or beginning of fall.

But oh well, i'm still totally hyped about the second season of hellsing. the first season seems sooo cool, what i've seen, it kicks total ass. And the second one will be awesome as well.

merylsilverburg
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:07 PM
CC, I remember you posting about the second season of The Big O, but at that time I think the news was still unsure, right? I just went to that forum where everyone's obsessed about the anime and they even said it was confirmed. That's why I was happy...no one said we didn't believe you or anything. :)
But yeah, I'm very excited about the second season of Hellsing also. I thought the manga wasn't finished yet, because I read somewhere the second season wouldn't come until the manga was finished. I guess they decided to just do it anyway. :D Oh whatever, I'm happy!!! :happy: :happy:

omni vengeance
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Okay, I can tell that this hasn't been visited for a long time. Was Big O really that good though?

Vic Viper
Jun 18th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper

- Big O season 1 will starts airing on adult swim M to T July 7th at 12:00am. season 2 will air on august 3rd, it'll be on every sunday 11:00 pm :cool:

one more thing, CN will air it UNCUT/ NO EDITS.:ghost:

omni vengeance
Jun 18th, 2003, 04:13 PM
I'm betting that's a good thing.

merylsilverburg
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:26 AM

season 2 will air on august 3rd, it'll be on every sunday 11:00 pm :cool:

one more thing, CN will air it UNCUT/ NO EDITS.:ghost:

*begins hyperventilating* Omg, this is the best news I've heard in a long time! I've been trying to find out when Season 2 will air on CN and I had no luck. Thank you, thank you, thank you Vic for the information! Do you happen to know if the original voice actors will be back?

Originally posted by omni vengeance

Okay, I can tell that this hasn't been visited for a long time. Was Big O really that good though?

This is kinda hard to answer. You either love it or hate it, that's the most easiest way to say it. Many people dislike this series because of two reasons:

1) The drawings were too closely related to American cartoons and so it wasn't considered "anime" (Plus, many couldn't stand the main character's eyebrows...which is a ridiculous reason not to watch this series, IMO)

2) Many complained that the series is too similar to Batman. The main character drives a black car, wears everything black, and lives in a city where it's almost like Gotham City

These points are true, but comparing this to Batman, I'd pick The Big-O anytime. What I think is so great about this series is the plot, the character's relations to one another, and all the little signs and symbolic meanings in the scenery (signs, numbers, etc.). It's almost like a mystery series mixed with that retro robot anime style and film noir (as many people described it).
For those interested in the plot:

The setting takes place in Paradigm City (also called the "City of Amnesia"). All the citizens lost their memories 40 years ago in a catastrophy only known as "The Event". Now, people are just trying to live their lives normally. Roger Smith is Paradigm's top Negotiator, where he handles cases relating to resurfaced memories, something to do with Paradigm's past, etc. He is also the pilot of this mecha called "MegaDeus" which takes care of the messier cases.
Basically throughout the series, there are stories that relate to the main plot (What is Paradigm City? What is the event 40 years ago?) and there are other characters that appear that are related as well.
Character designs are well-done and does have that American style, but it's unique in its own way. Animation flows pretty smoothly and is quite good. The music is probably one of the best highlights of the series....piano, jazz, orchestra...but it fits the mood perfectly.
Well, I kinda went overboard on details and all, but I think this series is worth a look. You can check out the first season on TV in July and if you're intrigued by the first episode, then give the second one a chance. But, like I said, it's a series where you either like it or dislike it. :)

omni vengeance
Jun 19th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Seems like my kind of anime.