View Full Version : No doubt about this. DBZ 0wnz

CS_Nerd
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:18 PM
http://www.cllc.ch/images/dbzp%20small.jpg

Best anime i ever watched in my life.

Hope i can watch all the GT episodes

Rei
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:32 PM
I'm not a great DB fan, but it's always good to read that someone likes an anime series so much.
Have you watched the first DB series (not DBZ) too?
I suggest you to try that one, if you liked DBZ and you still haven't seen it.

Qjij_jijQ
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:06 PM
If you love Dragon Ball Z... you'll probably love this:

Little teaser (http://www.dbzsc.com/livedbzmovieposter.jpg)

... enjoy ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
If you love Dragon Ball Z... you'll probably love this:

Little teaser (http://www.dbzsc.com/livedbzmovieposter.jpg)

... enjoy ;)

Umm if theres going to be a dbz *movie* i will die from excitement.Yeah DBZ is a good anime very dependent on story and character development.Too bad the original db focused on humor and not action which made dbz popular.

Pu the Owl
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:38 PM
I think the original series of DB was brilliant. That was the old original Toriyama style, the one you can find also in his other works. It was more hilarious, but it was also less repetitive than DBZ and DB GT.

Qjij_jijQ
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:19 PM
Well, I think you should probably lay down then SSSnake, 'cuz there is going to be a Dragonball Z movie that will be made by 20th Century Fox and it should come out between Fall 2003 - Summer 2004

I read somewhere that it's supposed to be the 'Next Big Thing' and that they want it to be as 'big' as Star Wars was !

Sweetness ! :D

RobHardo
Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:47 PM
Sometimes i enjoy the humour in DB more than the action, its just funny stuff :laugh:

Frozen
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by CS_Nerd
http://www.cllc.ch/images/dbzp%20small.jpg

Best anime i ever watched in my life.

Hope i can watch all the GT episodes

Believe me, YOU DON'T WANT TO WATCH DRAGON BALL GT. It's the worst thing that could have happened to the series. Firstly, it was not made by Toriyama (he just helped at the beginning) but was made by some idiot who bought the rights to continue the series wwith whatever he had in his stupid mind. Secondly, it just sucks. DON'T WATCH IT! You'll waste your time and money, perhaps. But watch the ending though. Is the only good thing it has.

Both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z rule. Some of my favorite animes of all times, I just love them ^_^

P.S. Fox's movie is going to suck royally, guys. Or at least that thing will certainly not be DBZ. Just somethign using the name of the anime. Just think of "Street Fighter live action movie" it is really going to be sad.

CS_Nerd
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:26 AM
I have watched all the DBZ episodes but not GT ones and DB ones. I think DB ones suck

Hylas
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:37 AM
DB series is really good and I quite like it. But Frozen is right: DB GT is just terrible! If you're smart enough, you'll end heating GT series. It's clearly made with the only purpose of making money exploiting the ideas and the ideas behind a famous series. I wouldn't recommend you to watch it, while the original DB is a completely different story. Less action than DBZ, but more humor and originality.

Regarding the movies: I've once watched a movie of DB, but it was simply ridiculous. Same story of DB GT: making money out of a well known series, without the intentions of making a good movie.

CS_Nerd
Sep 4th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Lol i know GT sucks. I heard from alot of ppl. Drawing sucks, Story sucks.... But i want to watch the ending. :D

Frozen
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Now, believe me, YOU WANT TO WATCH Dragon Ball.... that series is, well, the beginning, nothing less!!! I think it's just as long as DBZ, it's not as "serious" in the beginning, but it's usually more funny and enjoyable. But it still has the same "seriousness" that DBZ has, it's just that it goes more slowly... you know, begining at Gokou as a child and then see how he grows and gets to be more "mature". It is indeed a great series, and for me there is no difference between DB and DBZ. I just consider them the same series (and in some sense, they are)

Now, DB GT does not comply with that "feature". As Hylas said, it's just soem crap made out of the anime just to make more money. They really ruined all of the characters and concepts from both DB and DBZ.

But yeah, the end of that series is a must watch if you consider yourself a fan of the series. I cried when I watched it.

007_JamesBond
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:27 AM
what you say about Gt I dont care I will watch it anyway for the simple fact that watching the Freiza, and Cell saga over and over again gets a little boring and we need a little change of pace, but dont get me wrong I love the series and I watch sometimes even if I have seen it before

CS_Nerd
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:36 AM
GT sucks but if you want to watch it, go ahead. I rahter would watch Raditz

Frozen
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:01 AM
Everyone has their own opinion about it, and it muct be respected. is just that Gt gets out of any parameters. If you get tired from Raditz and Freiza, then watch the Cell saga and the Mahjin Buu saga. You won't regret it ;)

But GT just plain sucks. It's just horrible !!! :mad:

CS_Nerd
Sep 7th, 2002, 10:34 AM
I am not blaming those of u who likes to watch GT. I don't like it though. But i like golden ozaru. :D

JC Denton
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:15 PM
whats everyones favourite qoutes from any of the dragon ball seriess,

or movies,

mine has to be either

"le legenede de la suuuper saaaayain"-all the z fighters say it at some point
damn italian dubbing (i beileve it doesn't even make sense)

or

"ive only got one one arm, but one arms all i need"-gohan

"buu no stop, no stop"-buu (only sounds good with the english dubbed voice, (american one is stupid)

"buu make you go bye, bye, pow,pow, pow"buu

"buu drop you down, you get back up again, buu drop you again"-buu

"the only thing you cant take from a saya-jin, his pride"

i love all dragon ball z quotes.

ps.(american hercule sounds to tough, and teenage gohan seems much less of a whimp than gohans english voice,)

CS_Nerd
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Trunks... Bulma... I am doing this for you... And yes even you Kakarot... -Majin Vegeta

Do you need to recharge your battery, android? -Piccolo-

Buu big mad now. Which of you guys kick buu. -Fat Buu

Alright then. Let's do it! -SSJ Goku in Cell Game

Kakarot... By the time you wake up, this will be all over. I may be gone... But this planet will be safe again. I'll stake my life for it! -Majin Vegeta-

I was a proud saiyan... Until you stepped in Kakarot! -Majin Vegeta-

Vicious_2003
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Did I just hear right !? Cartoon Network will be airing 37 new episodes of Dragon Ball Z Monday September 8th !!!. Finally, some new Dragon Ball to watch for us who dont buy the videos and DVD's . I CANT WAIT. Also for those who have seen it, please dont ruin it for me , thanks !

CS_Nerd
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Well, YTV is already airing New episodes in Buu Saga. I am currently watching Yamcha, Bulma, Videl and other people gathering Dragonballs to revive people Majin Vegeta and Buu killed.

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 11th, 2002, 05:50 AM
I was doin' the exact same thing... at that time. ;)
( Man, is it boring right now... I need some action ! :mad: )

Come on... GT isn't all that bad !
There's a few things that are kinda okay:

- Super 17: He's pretty cool, isn't he ?
- Golden Oozaru: That's an original idea...
- Bebi Vegita: Okay, once more... he's possessed... but he's cool.

... and my favorite of them all:

- Super Sayian-jin 4 Goku: I think it's absolutely the BEST sayian-jin level I have ever seen ! I think it is much, much cooler than the 1, 2 and 3. But I think I'm the only one to think that... :heh:

CS_Nerd
Sep 11th, 2002, 07:47 AM
I was doin' the exact same thing... at that time. ;)
( Man, is it boring right now... I need some action ! :mad: )

- Super Sayian-jin 4 Goku: I think it's absolutely the BEST sayian-jin level I have ever seen ! I think it is much, much cooler than the 1, 2 and 3. But I think I'm the only one to think that... :heh:

That was the WORST SUper Saiyajin level. Best one is SSJ1. it's coolest looking

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 11th, 2002, 06:49 PM
What ?!? You're crazy... Super Sayian-jin 4 Goku is by far the coolest lookin' Sayian in the entire Dragon Ball Z-GT world.

In deed it is...

Vicious_2003
Sep 11th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Whats YTV ?

Frozen
Sep 11th, 2002, 11:29 PM
I was doin' the exact same thing... at that time.
( Man, is it boring right now... I need some action ! )

- Super Sayian-jin 4 Goku: I think it's absolutely the BEST sayian-jin level I have ever seen ! I think it is much, much cooler than the 1, 2 and 3. But I think I'm the only one to think that...

Super 17: ALthough he may look cool, that';s the only cool thing about him........ the guy was already been turned into a good guy in DBZ and he was nice that way. He didn't want to mess anymore with anyone and live a more peaceful life. Now, whoever decided to write thecrap of DBGT ruined him as well as it did with everybody else in the series. HE SUCKS

Golden Ozaru: Original idea? WTF is wrong with you, dude? It was just a stupid mix of what a super saiyan could be if turned into Ozaru. Absolutely ridicolous and idiotic, as idiotic as the fact that Vegeta has a beard; why ridicolous and idiotic? Simple: A saiyan can not turn into super if he has a tail. What is the transformation for a saiyan who has tail? Ozaru. What is the transformation of one who does not have one? Super Saiyan (other additional requirements needed, though)

So, Toriyama's original idea was that such events in DBGT would be biologically impossible. Now, the idea was not followed, and then you got those stupid results! Yes, very original! And equally stupid! :disturb:

Bebi Vegita: ..... beginning with the fact that those aliens (Sufuro jins or whatever they're called) were blasted into oblivion by saiyans, besides, they were kind of midgets, and besides, they were not even as strong as humans, only had high tech.

Nothing in that stupid series makes sense, excepting the end (and yet that end is not as good as it could have been if ti was an end for DBZ... )

Gokou Super Saiyan 4: Indeed he's got a badass outfit, and looks real cool with that red fur and all...........

But they really lost it with him in GT. No proportions of power. They didn't follow the freaking line. Gokou would turn into a SS1 in DBZ and the whole planet would tremble. He would turn into SS3 and he would nearly destroy the Earth just by transforming.

In GT he would turn into SS4, and he would splash some water around :laugh: :disturb:

Accept it: Dragon Ball GT is LAME. A series that should have never been made.

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 12th, 2002, 10:01 AM
I think you're talking about the wrong Android Frozen... 17 wasn't the big 'n nice Android... that's Android 16 ! 17 was bad and was eaten by Cell...

lol :laugh: Didn't you see how I said "Golden Oozaru: That's an original idea..." I was being somewhat sarcastic, in the sense that I always wondered why they didn't do that sooner, but at the same time... it's kinda... well, you know :roll:

It seems like Toriyama made a lot of mistakes even in DBZ, so I don't think there's such a HUGE difference in GT, although you can clearly see that it was the work of someone else, that didn't know as much about the series as it's creator ( obiviously )

The proportions of power are already off balance in DBZ, but I agree that it's not any better in GT... in fact, you're right about the fact that it's worst ! :P

I never said I liked DBGT, I just said that I thought that Super Sayian-jin 4 Goku was the coolest of all the Sayian forms... period.

CS_Nerd
Sep 12th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Guys stop arguing. EVERYONE has their opinions. Some people may like GT but others may don't.

Frozen
Sep 13th, 2002, 12:09 AM
I think you're talking about the wrong Android Frozen... 17 wasn't the big 'n nice Android... that's Android 16 ! 17 was bad and was eaten by Cell...

lol Didn't you see how I said "Golden Oozaru: That's an original idea..." I was being somewhat sarcastic, in the sense that I always wondered why they didn't do that sooner, but at the same time... it's kinda... well, you know

It seems like Toriyama made a lot of mistakes even in DBZ, so I don't think there's such a HUGE difference in GT, although you can clearly see that it was the work of someone else, that didn't know as much about the series as it's creator ( obiviously )

The proportions of power are already off balance in DBZ, but I agree that it's not any better in GT... in fact, you're right about the fact that it's worst ! :P

I never said I liked DBGT, I just said that I thought that Super Sayian-jin 4 Goku was the coolest of all the Sayian forms... period.

I was talking about ANDROID 17 The one of the pretty face. Black long hair. I know what I'm talking about ;) Android 16 was destroyed. And 17 was spitted out at the end. Watch again carefully ;) (and if you watcehd the end of DBZ, HE WAS NOT EVIL as you may call him that... )

About the balance on powers, it depends on the way you look at it. Indeed, in DBZ the characters are more or less just like gods. Way too much power. But if you watched carefully, you could notice that they were always growing stronger and more powerful, the more powerful, the bigger the way their powers were manifested, if you get what I mean. So, they after all had some sort of "logic" in the thing about their powers. But in GT, they just lost it. They didn't "follow the line" they just screwed it up all.

And well, we're just posting opinions around, anyways. I also think that SS4 Gokou's form has the coolest looks, but he does not seem nearly as powerful as he was when he was SS3.

P.S. I'm not arguing, I'm discussing, but not arguing. Probably Q is doing the same thing as well :) But in my opinion DB GT SUCKS $%&&^*&&^**^&*&^*%*^&*&^!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

CS_Nerd
Sep 13th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

I was talking about ANDROID 17 The one of the pretty face.

WTF? Pretty face???:shock: :peoples: :heh:

Frozen
Sep 13th, 2002, 04:17 PM
lol I just said that as he's 18's twin brother.... and she's got a pretty face.... so...... :happy:

but I have to say that Android 16 is the bestest android ever in that series :D (well, Cell is the coolest, but 16 is the nicest)

JC Denton
Sep 14th, 2002, 02:59 PM
they should give the androids names,

it would save a lot of confusion, lol

perfect cell was the best android, the fat white one was pretty cool aswell, what number was that?
16 was rubbish,
17 was even worse,
i like 18,
what number was gero as an android 19 or 20?
either way i didn't like him.

one question,

at the end of the cell saga, krillan made a wish im pretty sure that in england he asked for them to be made human, but sheron couldn't do it, so he asked for their bombs to be taken out, which shenron did,

but in many other places i have heard they were turned human because of krillans wish.

which one is right?
is the english one slightly different, because i know its dubbed both in american accents for america and in english ones for england,

Frozen
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:09 PM
-The fat white android was android 19 and Dr. Maki-Gero was android 20.

Regardless of the dubbings, the androids were simply gotten rid of their bombs, or self destruction systems. Anyways, they still remained being androids.

P.S: The american dubbing is some of the worst things that ever happened to that series. Those mo********** even changed the music themes and all. I have never seen a DBZ chapter with an ENGLISH dub, though, onl;y american english. The mexican dub (spanish) is the best dub I have ever seen for this anime. In the other hand, the spaniard (spanish as well) dub was absolutely horrible. Quite funny, though.

I guess that's why it always is better to watch anime subtitled instead of dubbed. Tehre's exceptions, though.

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 15th, 2002, 10:46 AM
When you think about it... the proportions of power were sometimes way of in DBZ... Look, I have a small example that I remember:

When Nappa and Vegita were on their way to earth ( at the beginning ), they make a short stop on another planet with insect-like creatures on them... when they leave ( after killing a few of them ), Vegita blows up the entire planet with only a small beam of power...

... after that, when he fights like crazy, he never does any 'real' damage that is nearly as destructive as the first one... sure, he tries to control his strength, 'cuz he doesn't want to blow up the planet he's on... but come on ! :disturb:

BTW, yeah... we're not arguing :D

JC Denton
Sep 15th, 2002, 02:43 PM
italien dub is cool, in america you play greb music in the background. We have normal dbz music or no music at all in england,
japanesse sounds when they power up are cool,

when i watched american dbz it made the characters seem different, for example hercules voice is much lower in the us version and so is gohans, and fat buu's is just stupid,

it makes hercule seem much tougher in the us than he sounds in england.

i prefer american gohan
i hate american goku

+ i agree on the scale of power thing, in the buu saga there power is hugely more powerful than in the namek saga,
like vegata in namek- 24,000
vegeta in the buu saga about 100,000,000 or something, i cant remember

but the fights still look the same and the blats do no more damage to the planet and when they power up they look just as powerful, when they fall it does the same damage to the planet.

thats the problem when power levels get to high, it stops being realistic.

CS_Nerd
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Perfect Cell was the k00lest

18 was second

16 was thirdie

Frozen
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Now I remembered the fight between Majin Vegeta and Gokou....... whenever Vegeta got him stuck into a rock with some energy rings and was going to cut an arm off or something... and then Gokou just broke the pieces of rock in Vegeta's sorry face :D

A remarkable moment that was.

CS_Nerd
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:47 AM
http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dbz/vegita/VegetaAboutToTurnIntoMajinVegeta.jpg

NOW VEGETA IS ANGRY!!!! Look WAT U HAVE DONE FROZEN

JC Denton
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:38 PM
i just watched the bardock movie!

its brilliant, better than all the others i have seen includeing brolly and janemba movies.

Frozen
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by JC Denton
i just watched the bardock movie!

its brilliant, better than all the others i have seen includeing brolly and janemba movies.

Indeed. Is one of the few movies that actually belong into DB's chronology. Being this one the root of everything, in some sense. A movie I really liked.

The other movie where they show the different future from which Trunks came was also an awsome movie (I don't know it's title in english :P )

JC Denton
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:08 PM
ok in the bardock movie they didn't show the bit about king vegeta standing up to freeza, and im sure i saw radditz half way through the movie, how did he get off the planet?

CS_Nerd
Sep 28th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Bardock movie made me cry:shock:

Frozen
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by JC Denton
ok in the bardock movie they didn't show the bit about king vegeta standing up to freeza, and im sure i saw radditz half way through the movie, how did he get off the planet?

Raditz was at the services of Frieza, already, or conquering a planet or something.... as I think he was older than Vegeta. But are you sure that you saw Raditz in that movie? :peoples: I just don't remember having seen him in that movie at all :love: :roll:

JC Denton
Oct 10th, 2002, 03:20 PM
it was a grown man who wore the same clothes and had the same clothes, but you only saw the back of him.

This was in the pub/bar when bardock walks in all hysterical and half dead

has anyone seen the last episode with vegeta jr vs goku jr?
if only seen clips of the fight and i didnt think it looked that good + its held at the wmat. What did you think of it?

Darkness 4 Hire
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Dragonball Z is awesome....i wish i was a super saiyan!! Best SS is Trunks then comes Goten!!

Frozen
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by CS_Nerd
Bardock movie made me cry:shock:

I almost cried when I watched it. what really made me cry was the very last episode of DBGT, now, that was damn sad. :weep:

JC Denton
Nov 2nd, 2002, 04:04 PM
i just watched Kooler's revenge. I thought it was good but it would have been good if it was a little longer. The kooler vs goku
fight only lasted a couple of minutes.

what did everyone else think?

Frozen
Nov 3rd, 2002, 04:11 PM
I agree with you. The battle should have been much longer. I have this movie, but to tell you the truth, I don't like it as much as I thought I would. I think they could have done something much better with the idea of Cooler, but was not as fully develope as it could have been.

Vicious
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Bragin Ball Z is definately the best. I've seen Dragon Ball and the action (if there is any) is so short and stupid, and the jokes and humor in it are just plain stupid. I havent seen Dragon Ball GT.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

I think the original series of DB was brilliant. That was the old original Toriyama style, the one you can find also in his other works. It was more hilarious, but it was also less repetitive than DBZ and DB GT.

Ah, good to see someone agrees with me on the greatness that is Dragonball. That is truely a great anime series. 10x better than DBZ, in my opinion.

Vic Viper
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Ah, good to see someone agrees with me on the greatness that is Dragonball. That is truely a great anime series. 10x better than DBZ, in my opinion.

I agree, DB is miles better than DBZ.

Frozen
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:02 PM
I aprtially agree on that. I like both series equally, as I consider the 2 the same, and I like to think of DBGT as non existant.

Fox
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:23 PM
DBZ ownz your ass all right.
DB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBZ
don't waste time with GT, as much as DBZ sucks, i think GT sucks even more...
and ah, no. DBZ does not own.

MADRUCKIS
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:06 PM
so don't post ur comments:peoples:

If u don't like anything that has to do with DBZ, then this thread isn't for you.

Frozen
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I don't know why the hell don't they just keep their mouth shut, if they feel like that towards a series or something, they should already know this kind of thread ain't for them. This only leads to flames.

Fox
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:45 AM
if you do like DBZ, thats simply super. If you've seen other stuff....that is so not super.

Frozen
Dec 14th, 2002, 03:18 AM
No, you see, I've actually watched a lot of anime, and I am aware that there is many animes out there that are much better than DBZ, HOWEVER, this does not mean DBZ sucks just because other animes have better quality, or are not as overrun as this one (unfortunately) is. We are not talking about anything else here, or saying that DBZ is better than everything else. The reason of our "answer" to your post was just the manner in which you talked about it, like if it was crap, that's all.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 14th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Dragonball is more interesting to watch, but I see the two as the same thing just during different periods of Goku's life.

Fox
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

No, you see, I've actually watched a lot of anime, and I am aware that there is many animes out there that are much better than DBZ, HOWEVER, this does not mean DBZ sucks just because other animes have better quality, or are not as overrun as this one (unfortunately) is. We are not talking about anything else here, or saying that DBZ is better than everything else. The reason of our "answer" to your post was just the manner in which you talked about it, like if it was crap, that's all.
please use smaller words. i can't understand what you typed.

Frozen
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Fox

please use smaller words. i can't understand what you typed.

lol I'm sorry. Can't do anything about it, and I'm not interested in wasting my time on you :laugh:

Fox
Dec 15th, 2002, 09:52 PM
:weep: I will live my life in terror and horror not understanding the text of a thread about DBZ..:weep:..

ssjtrunks13
Dec 15th, 2002, 10:06 PM
I guess you'll never understand why we like Dragonball/Z/GT so much(or atleast I like all three).

Frozen
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I guess you'll never understand why we like Dragonball/Z/GT so much(or atleast I like all three).

I believe she/he said that he/she likes DB, but not DBZ or GT.

I hate DBGT myself, but, as -you- said, DBZ is basically the same thing as DB, just with Goku as an adult, and as I said before, I like to think about DB and DBZ as a single series.