PDA

View Full Version : Older anime

Hylas
Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:48 PM
Do you still enjoy watching older series*, if you have the opportunity, or do you despise them because they don't look as cool as the latest series and you're not interested in watching them?

I've been re-watching some old series lately and I'm enjoying them. Ok, some of them look really old-style and the animation in few cases sucks, but the other ones are fun to watch, especially considering they're new to me. The ones involving mechas are not really good, but some others, like many shoujos for example, are very good!

*For older series I mean series made before year 1995.

Frozen
Aug 24th, 2002, 03:35 AM
I really enjoy watching stuff like Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, Saint Seiya, and Ranma 1/2.

As for movies, I'm a lover of the Fatal Fury OAV's, and I also love Ninja Scroll, which I watch frequently.

I recently watched the original Vampire Hunter D and it was awsome, even for it's time I liked the art.

But there's still a lot of "old" anime I have still not seen and that I am sure I'll like a lot if I get to watch it, such as Flame of Rekka, Ruin Explorers or RG Veda.

merylsilverburg
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:26 AM
I do enjoy some of the older animes, like Riding Bean, Vampire Princess Miyu OVAs, Vampire Hunter D movie, Gunsmith Cats, and others. I admit though, that the animation is pretty old and not as great as the latest and newer animes, but the original ones were classics and the plots are still pretty good.

Pu the Owl
Aug 25th, 2002, 09:32 PM
I like to watch older series, especially because among them there are really good ones. In some cases the animation ain't perfect, but if the story is good, I don't mind very much. and nowadays there are bad animated series as well.