PDA

View Full Version : Problem I had with X-box controller tonight

jjmoohead
Aug 20th, 2002, 12:58 AM
I was playing halo tonight in multiplayer and for some reason my A button was double clicking, kinda like a mouse button on the computer. I would try to type in a new user and the name would either add to letters to that name Hit k it would type kk or it would erase the letter right after I hit the button

Any ideas? Have you heardof this before?

KraftSLU
Aug 20th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Are you using 3rd party controllers by chance? Especially mad catz? I've had problems with those, but not that one. What it sounds like is the pressure switch in the a button is shot. What that means is the controller recognizes the button being pressed down, but once you fully depress it, it thinks you let it go. Then when you actually release it, it will think you depressed it again. Try tapping it really lightly to see if it only clicks once like that. If so take it in and exchange it at the store you got it from.

BowevelJoe
Aug 21st, 2002, 06:34 AM
i got this third part controller, the trick button one, and its almost useless, everything about it is sluggish, you have to push buttons in a bit harder and everything..its a bad controller, dont purchase it....

RichHo
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:43 AM
Thrid party components are never as good or as durable as the official ones, they never have been. My thrid party controllers for my PSX, Sega Saturn, PS2, they all break at one time or another.....they not worth the pennies I pay for them. My friends XBox controller, the official one, has broken once, the spring in the start button broke off, and it wouldnt come back up.....meaning he couldnt pause the game or skip intro's etc etc.