PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Online

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance Is Just On Its Way. We All Know There Will Be "Metal Gear Solid 3" Without A Doubt. But People Say. Metal Gear Solid 3 Just Could Be "Online" Project.

But I Read That.... Metal Gear Online Could Be A Totally Different Metal Gear Experience.

Hideo Said That His Team "Loves" CounterStrike....... Which Happens To Be An FPS. So.......Is There A Possibility That "Metal Gear Online" Could Just Be First Person Shooter?

We Dont Know That. But Kojima-San Thinks That How Could He Use The Metal Gear Element In A GAME Like "CounterStrike" And Make It Online.

So Dont U Think It'll Be A Totally Different And "Not" So Metal Gear Experience. That Is If It Comes Out As A "First Person Shooter"?

merylsilverburg
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Yipes! If MGS3 comes out as an FPS, it'll totally ruin the game! :frust: Man, I'm getting so upset by the news of MGS3...:( If it was an FPS though, it might ruin the game, but it actually might be interesting too see how they would make it and how fun it would be. It could work, but then, we can't see the characters fully and it wouldn't be totally "espionage" anymore, right? :(

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Meryl I Agree With You When U Say That Metal Gear Will Loose Its Espionage Touch. But....... Like I Said It Could Only "Metal Gear Online" And Not "Metal Gear Solid 3"...... A Totally Different Project. Nothing To Do With MGS3. I Think Then I Wouldn't Mind.

But Did U Know That In "Substance" U Can Play VR Missions In "First Person"..... Like CounterStrike. So I Guess We'll Experience How It Feels Like To Play "Metal Gear" In Complete First Person.

merylsilverburg
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Meryl I Agree With You When U Say That Metal Gear Will Loose Its Espionage Touch. But....... Like I Said It Could Only "Metal Gear Online" And Not "Metal Gear Solid 3"...... A Totally Different Project. Nothing To Do With MGS3. I Think Then I Wouldn't Mind.

Whoops, I need to learn how to read! :laugh: You're right...if that's the case, then I also wouldn't mind...just as long as it's not MGS3, then I'm cool. I might be willing to try it out too, if it's a totally different project. After all, it is Metal Gear related. :D

But Did U Know That In "Substance" U Can Play VR Missions In "First Person"..... Like CounterStrike. So I Guess We'll Experience How It Feels Like To Play "Metal Gear" In Complete First Person.

I didn't know that, thanks for telling me. :) It would be nice to see how that works..I can't wait to try it. :cool:

Sleazy P Martini
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Actually I like the idea of a Metal Gear FPS. Face it guys...as great as MGS is, the controls are mediocre at best. Control would have to be top notch if you're going to play other people online.

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
Actually I like the idea of a Metal Gear FPS. Face it guys...as great as MGS is, the controls are mediocre at best. Control would have to be top notch if you're going to play other people online.
Good Point Sleazy, But I Think Metal Gear Has One Of The Most "User Friendly" Easy Controls And Perfect For Anything!.!

Its The Only "Third Person" Game That Has "More" Easy Controls Then Mario

Sleazy P Martini
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:26 PM
I found the controls a little frustrating myself. Not enough to ruin the game mind you but IMO Syphon Filter's were much better. (at least when it came to weapons)

MakgSnake
Aug 16th, 2002, 12:30 PM
For Syphon Filter U Had To Press 100 Buttons At The Same Time........And Then Kill Someone. That Was Frustrating For Me!.!

GaseousSnake
Aug 16th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
For Syphon Filter U Had To Press 100 Buttons At The Same Time........And Then Kill Someone. That Was Frustrating For Me!.!

Speaking about Syphon filter is there going to be onr for the ps2

MakgSnake
Aug 16th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
Speaking about Syphon filter is there going to be onr for the ps2
I Know Its Totally Off Topic, But Yes.....Its In The News That There Will Be A GAME In Which "GABE LOGAN" Will Star In . It Wont Be Called "Syphon Filter" Cause .... All The Episodes Were Finished in PSoNe. So We'll See A Game With A Total NEW NAME...IN Which "Gabe Logan" Will Be The Hero.

Back To The Topic. Metal Gear Online As FPS Could Just Be "Alright" If Kojima Work Things Out!

Frozen
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Well, from a start, IMO, I don't see what place does take Syphon Filter with MGS. There's no comparisson in between. Just that you use guns in them (don't get me wrong, I LOVE Syphon Filter, but I just don't see the similarities..... :confused: )

Syphon Filter controls were awsome, that is, for that kind of game, which I find best in its genre.

Now, Metal Gear Solid has it's own genre if you come to think about it... it's not just an action game, is more like a RPG as well... kinda hard to describe :heh:

And I actually think that MGS' controls could not be better. They just fit the game perfectly IMO.

As for the FPS online thing...... it'll be alright to me as long as it is just a feature and not a wholeness to the game. In that case it would suck.

MakgSnake
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:30 AM
Like I Said Before Frozen, We Can See How The FPS Suits Metal Gear, In Substance As, It'll Contain An Option To Play VR Missions In FPS Mode.

But I Know It, It Wont Be As Much Fun As The "ThirdPerson" ....... But On The Other HAND. "CounterStrike" Seems SOO MUCH Fun And Is Addictive As Well. But Then CounterStrike Is CounterStrike, Not Metal Gear Eh!